I'm white and I live in Detroit. The 2nd most dangerous place (former #1 for several years) in the U.S

I'm white and I live in Detroit. The 2nd most dangerous place (former #1 for several years) in the U.S.

AMA?

Anything you wonder about this shit hole or living in it?

>Detroit

Other urls found in this thread:

detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2015/10/01/fbi-murder-rates/73139988/
youtu.be/vMWHJDr8fxE?t=74
neighborhoodscout.com/neighborhoods/crime-rates/top100dangerous/
youtube.com/watch?v=iUZvO36zm6Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes
my plan is to move to usa get a gun and shot myself in the face
can i use your couch for a while?

What neighborhood?

Well I don't want you doing that in the house so no. Sorry

But Detroit is an easy place to buy a gun if you just need to use it once

>What I carry

It was never #1.

I won't say what neighborhood because It's only a couple square miles. But South West

detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2015/10/01/fbi-murder-rates/73139988/

why not move to st. louis? it's #1

>delray
>springwells
>clark park
>core city

so you dont actually live in Detroit I take it?

Someone living in Fraser, or Centerline would specify living in those cities, both of which are only a couple square miles.

OP CONFIRMED FOR BEING A LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE

Anyway faggots.

I grew up in East English Village, and moved to Rosedale Park where I have been living the last 12 years. I actually live in Detroit.

Do any of you have any questions for a Detroit resident?

I don't care what anyone says, Camden NJ is far worse than any city in america. Google Earth it, it looks like ww2 destruction, if your white, your instructed to blow all red lights and get out of town

I'm only living here to save money to buy a house in the suburbs. I live in a 3bed 2 bath for 400 a month

It's not that bad is it?

Its not as bad as it was.

There are areas like lincoln park, ecourse, which are much worse that the nigs have moved on to.

Then there are areas like palmer woods, indian village, university district, sherwood forest, that have the nicest houses in the midwest,

How much for a decent home in a good neighborhood?

How cheap can you buy a house there in the worst of the worst of Detroit?

>lincoln park
better hide yo kids hide yo wife cuz they rapin everbody up there

200k+
for a decent neighborhood you are looking at 80-150k.

For a great neighborhood you are looking at 600+

Keep in mind, some of these neighborhoods are 4x4sq miles, so are the size of some small cities themselves.

Damn, so much unused land so close to the core.

If it wasn't such a rancid shit-hole that photo would almost make the place look cozy.

$1000 and whatever taxes are owed on the house, but you are basically buying the property. The house will have no windows, no doors, no plumbing, no electricity and the walls will likely have lead pain on them with plaster that has asbestos in it.
its a pretty shitty area.

Hmm I can sell my overpriced CA home and live like a king out there. Plus Toronto isn't that far away right?

That land is no longer empty. give look up.
"the district detroit"
"brush park development"
"river city detroit"
and you'll see basically none of that is like that anymore, or will be completely filled within the next two years.

what about a shit neighborhood

3 1/2 hours.

And jobs are not as high paying, the city itself taxes your at 1.2% on top of state and fed taxes, and homeowners is high.

I have a 1700sqft cape cod that cost 2800 a year to insure, and two 5-10 year old cars cost $300 a month with no points on our driving record.

So its give and take, you also will drive through ghetto to get to the nice ares.

Oh I realize that, I've been through Detroit several times (I'm from Holland). It's just crazy to see it from White God's view, it doesn't look so bad.

see
but if you wanted a house that was livable you would probably be looking at Martin Park area, 30-60k, or Ravendale which would be around 30-60k as well.

And those are crime ridden areas.

The rumor that you can buy a house in detroit for cheap is true, but they are not livable houses.

Move in ready house in Detroit are still cheap, but you are getting hwat you pay for.

One bed for sleeping and two toilet beds that is?

I'm going to be honest, I think op is a liar, and if hes not lieing, he's likely a 18-22 year old living in a loft by the old post office west of corktown. And he's either just moved there, are is on a short term lease so he can brag about living in the city. He will also likely move out of the city within the year when he realizes its not what he thought it was

Are most assaults done with firearms over there?
I'm from Glasgow personally, so most assaults are either somecunt getting stabbed to death or getting slashed.

> murder only, and that's not even true

East St. Louis is, and has been, number one in that and much more. It's the shithole that everyone that doesn't know better has claimed Detroit has become well before that was close to the truth.

It has a murder rate per population higher than Honduras. East St. Louis is regularly one of the most dangerous cities in the world.

White and live in Detroit? Goddamn, is this fate. I am listening to Eminem currently.

Eminem grew up in Roseville, and lived in Warren while he repped Detroit.

btw

do you apply brown body paint before going outside

why is it so shit
is the U,S just trying to be as awful as neighbours can be? (trying to say fuck you to canada and all)
or maybe you just want to keep canadians out by having such a disgusting wasteland on the border

Being an Arab myself I heard theres a big community down there? Sucks cos this makes me want to visit less or is it somewhere else in Michigan?

look how poorly developed this city is. It looks like a game of Sim City when you done and start fucking up with the disaster mode.

left detroit last night, had to go up there for a day for work. not a fan

You don't live in CHIRAQ

Chicago seems worse

sorry went to lunch. Its shit because the big three pulled out when the city wanted to raise taxes. Then the blacks got uppity, then nafta happened and gutted the economy.

Now you just have people trying to piece together the scraps.

this is due to a long history of the illiches tearing down buildings and putting up surface lots and the city leaders being too currupt to do anything about it.

it is by a considerable margin, but its a bad example, detroit, pittsburgh, and cleveland are all reasonably good to compary, pittsburgh being the nicest and quickest to come out of being a rustbelt wasteland, cleveland is much larger (the downtown) and nicer. But their economy is still in much worse shape than detroits. And then Detroit, who's confused with its identity and no real long term plan for investment or a new export.

I live in Wilmington Delaware.

I got married in Detroit, at the Detroit Athletic Club.

I love Detroit...

If it were possible to move the DAC to one of the pointes they would do it. Thats not a good analagues for Detroit.

I love in Pyongyang North Korea.

Still, as old school Detroit as it gets...

My father-in-law is a member, and 40 year judge in Detroit.

Dearborn has tons of sandnigs, unfortunately.

Can confirm, mom was from St. Louis and grew up there in the 60's, went to the train station a few times in East STL, it's absolute shit ass, pretty sure some of the schools there lost government funding too

and you live in GPS or GPF? or W. Bloomfield?

I would say "oldschool detroit" would be closer to the Masonic, Players Club, or a place like the Dakota.

That place has been redone how many times?

illiches = Illithid Liches

All cities who thrives during the boom of the automobile era in early 20th century are now suffering infrastructure and social issues, because these were urban landscapes built around the car and not people. So when people move away from specific cities affected by housing or financial crisis, you get cases like Detroit, Camden NJ, Chicago, where there's a general abandoning of buildings, urban design, and no plans for the future. After GM got the major bailout in 2007 they left Michigan for Mexico and now Ford as pushed further more for production south of the border, putting salt on old wounds.

Are you afraid of niggers or what?

I live in San francisco... In-laws live in GPS.

inb4 that's not Detroit

.. you know that it literally is not Detroit though. I am not trying to discount what you're saying. But you're comparing Nob Hill to Oakland and think its 1/1 for the sake of argument

>I'm white and I live in Detroit.
Why

Oakland go crazy

Is the reason why Detroit is such a shithole the fact that it has been runned by niggers for 40 years?

I live in Chicago. Is it like here where everyone says its super dangerous, but it's mostly fine so long as you don't go to the nigger (south/southwest) or spic (west side) parts of town?

or is it just like, niggers everywhere.

What's good my man. I'm also from Detroit.

They live .5 miles from the Detroit... it literally goes from mansions to ghetto in that span.

One doesn't really grasp the essence of Detroit, without factoring in the white flight and the wealthy suburbs. It's all part of the Detroit story.

partially

No, Detroit has nice neighborhoods surrounded by bad areas, which are then seperated from fields of grass and trees. The roads are still there and maintained, the streetlights are up and work, but theres now houses. So imagine open prairies with streets cutting them up as if houses and shit were still there, but are gone.

Generally speaking, people from the suburbs dont go into the city at all unless its for drugs or concerts or sports. The parts of the city they do see are from the highway, which make the city itself seem worse than it actually is.

It is also vast in size, on the highway from St. Clair Shores in the North East, to Old Redford in the Northwest its about a 40-50 minute drive, with regular traffic speed. From St. Clair Shoers to the South west corner of Detroit near Dearborn its about 40 minutes with no Traffic. From Dearborn Detroit border, north to south, which meets up with southfied you are looking at least a half hour.

Theres a lot of nice, and not nice inbetween.

Not even 5 miles. I live here. Their are mansions in the ghetto.

checked

then they live in grosse pointe park, which is not even as nice as the neighborhoods of detroit that border it. Grosse Pointe Shoes, which you said earlier is where they lived is a whole 4 miles from any part of Detroit.

The neighborhood that does meet up with Detroit is called East Jefferson, and its really not that bad of an area. The areas of Detroit that border the points on the north are Morningside, East English Village (where I grew up) and Cornerstone. All of which are middle class neighborhoods.

So you either
1. were lied to
2. Dont know what a bad area of town looks like
or
3. Never actually stopped or drove through any parts of Detroit. I would even venture to geuss you went Directly up 94 from the airport, got off at Cadiux and took that Directly to Mack then to the inlaws houses. And didn't drive a foot into Detroit outside of Downtown or Midtown.

>HURR DURR IM COOL BECAUASE I LIVE IN A PLACE OF CRIME

ITT: 15 year old white suburban kids who listen to eminem

rednecks in chicago. sad

this post doesn't even make sense

Where's this?
youtu.be/vMWHJDr8fxE?t=74

In Chicago, we occasionally get some nigger migrant from the south side who comes up to the nice areas of town, or a group of nigger kids come up and start shit in the ritzy areas. But for the most park, we've forced the real ghetto-y niggers into the south and west sides of town.

You hear a bunch of horror stories of 700+ murders, and robberies and violence etc. But that's like 85% all in the nigger parts of town. It makes for a good news story, but nobody actually cares if they live or die. Some kid scuffs another kids shoes, one kid pulls a gun, kills the other kid. Their black mammy comes out of her crackden "oh lawdy why mah baby gets killeded, we be livin in a nitemare, why the po-leese no heppin da black folk.." and then 6 months later the other kid gets killed. And white people just have to brush off the homeless nigger panhanders, and that's about the extent of the problem.

Frankly if we gave all the niggers on the south side free lessons at the firing ranges, this problem could clear itself up in a couple years. Then we send in the banks and displace the niggers out to atlanta or something.

Close. 42 year old who lives on the lakefront in Edgewater. But nice guess.

We have the city violence geographically and socio-economically segregated for the most part. Suits me just fine. Once they clean up Uptown, it'll be damn near perfect.

Gross Pointe South... not Shores...

I'm from Florida, I don't know much about the area, to be frank. Wifey went to GP South.

All I know if you take Jefferson, and as soon as you leave GP into Detroit, it's ghetto...and it's about half a mile.

They always take Jefferson, as it is still closer than going up to the highway.

East St. Louis, illinois

Then that is Grosse Point Park, and its not that nice of an area. I would take many neighborhoods over Detroit over the park, GPS is a public school that services most of the pointes and the areas of Detroit Directly in contact with the pointes.

The part of Detroit that meets up with it is called East Jefferson, and while it does have bad areas it also has the Villages, which is a vastly nicer area than where you old ladies family is from.

neighborhoodscout.com/neighborhoods/crime-rates/top100dangerous/

Your Philly's shitty lil sibling

youtube.com/watch?v=iUZvO36zm6Y

I know that she is not from GP Park, as it is just east of the villages (is that the main street in GP?)

Whatever neighborhood that is, a few blocks east of that downtownish area.

My old lady grew up in a very large house, and their neighbors are often in mansions...

I guess I could look up the address again.