Hey, Sup Forums, what are your 10/10 albums?

Hey, Sup Forums, what are your 10/10 albums?

pic related, it's one of mine

Other urls found in this thread:

allmusic.com/album/black-metal-mw0002745864
twitter.com/AnonBabble

loom loom

Great album. I think I prefer Before Today, but it's a tough choice.

you stop that

Personally, Nude Beach A Go-Go and Jell-O, and perhaps a few others hold Pom Pom back from 10/10 in my book. Like, those songs are overshadowed HARD by songs like Lipstick, and Freckles. But I still love it, and I don't begrudge you your opinion.

My pick has to be pic related.

I can't think of a song on this album that isn't incredible, thought provoking, beautiful, or emotionally intense.

This is a great album but I always find it starts to drag just a bit in the second half. I love it to death though. Great pick.

These five

You see, I really love Nude Beach and Jell-O. Part of the reason I adore the album so much is it feels like listening to someone flip through a bizzarro, fever-dream version of 70's/80's TV, and Nude/Jell-O serve as the "commercials." I think, for me, they almost make the album.

Love this album, been re-visiting it again and I love it more than before. It was always the kind of album I'd revisit now and then though. This time I'm realizing it's true greatness.

Fav tracks are One Summer Night, Dinosaur Carebears, Sexual Athletics, Lipstick, Picture Me Gone and Plastic Raincoats in the Pig Parade

Portico Quartet - S/T
DSO - Drought
OutKast - southernplayalisticadillacmuzik

out of the music I've been listening to lately

>PQ
M A H NIGGA

Homogenic
Ys
CotCK
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Dummy
Loveless
Destroyer's Rubies
Otokodachi no Wakare
Gal Costa self titled

I don't get it. Sounds like your typical generic indie folk band.

>cuckoo cuckoo instead of safer
unforgivable

rev green/fireworks might be the best pair of adjacent songs of all time though

Everytime i think about how shit Xiu Xiu has been for the past like 10 years i get really angry

only actual 10/10 ITT

forgot to post mine

that would be mine when I was 14, still think its a great album though

meh

meh

pretty fucking good

kind of a silly thread though because i mean im sure all of us have dozens if not dozens upon dozens of 10/10 albums we've heard, I know I have, probably hundreds. Maybe "controversial opinions that you hold" thread might be more fun

100m 100m

dean blunt - black metal is a 10/10 for me and nobody can convince me otherwise.

allmusic.com/album/black-metal-mw0002745864

trust me i've read every review on the internet for this album.
even with the score they can never pinpoint why its 'bad"
genius album far as pop music goes

A critic isn't going to go through the process of academically explaining how every album they review is conceptually or musically bad, you listen to critics (certain ones) because of their pedigree and knowledge and your understanding they get all that shit and you can kind of trust their opinion, or at least acknowledge it.
The album sounds like something a stoned 19 year old makes in their room with a free multi track program to stack "pretty" sounding samples while they drone over it with a jarring audio mix and probably spent about 15 minutes thinking about each song's "melodies"

>The album sounds like something a stoned 19 year old makes in their room with a free multi track program to stack "pretty" sounding samples while they drone over it with a jarring audio mix and probably spent about 15 minutes thinking about each song's "melodies"
thats exactly why i love it.
first half sounds like that anyway. dont think an 19 yr old could come up with X, Forever or grade.

Don't you think Panopticon is better?

nope

Intro track is so fucking good.

Visions by Claire Boucher