Why can't Atheists define Atheism?

Why can't Atheists define Atheism?

a blind man can still build a machine that can detect the full spectrum. he can still hear sounds even though he cannot see the sound waves

Atheism: a lack of a belief in any religion
kys

Then why does he deny it's existance?

He doesnt.

Must be an empty life when they don't believe in anything.

I'm an atheist and I would never make fun of blind people.

Then thats not the blind man of the example.

Fuck off with your stale shit newfag.
Delete
MODS

why do atheists get as triggered as the overtly religious tards? You all suck

Atheists are a-theists, that is, people who aren't theists. There you go.

And a theist is a blind man who thinks he can see.

atheists invented a device that allows blind people to see. if only your god was as powerful.

And an atheist can have a spiritual experience by popping MDMA or LSD, or through various mental exercises. It can even be seen on fMRI.

You can still be an atheist after having these experiences, of course. But any atheist that hasn't is indeed like a blind man who is convinced that there is no such thing as a color.

Why do Atheists get so triggered when they are unable to define Atheism.

I believe in my family, my friends, my community, and the vastness and stunning beauty of nature and the universe. I also believe in myself. I don't need to believe in magic or some imaginary character to be fulfilled.

Because new fagGOTS like you take too much space here, happy?
Wanna talk religion or atheism go to Sup Forums cunt!

How about a dictionary stoopid?
You prob don't even know how to use one underage twat, MODS

How can you not see God is your creator when you see the stunning beauty of nature you idiot!

i'm not op, I just came to call you guys faggots
top kek

The same goes for most theists though. Very few of them have actually had a psychedelic religious experience or anything remotely approaching one.

Hell man, if I didn't have a chemical explanation for some of what I've experienced on mushrooms I'd be in a monastery right now.

Because it doesn't require the existence of God. What god are you even talking about?

you atheist are just a shame, god is the only way, you are just wasting your life

>OPEN YOUR MINDS
>ACCEPT GODS

>
>Must be an empty life when they don't believe in anything.
We believe in us and in other people.

top kek, really?
Also I know you're not OP
Your newfag is REALLY showing, go to bed fagget

>As a godder and OP, I do not want answers since jesus simply MUST be real since I've wasted so much of my miserable and futile life with His shit... even though I pretend to have actually read the extremely boring bible.
>Scared of dying, I've decided to troll Sup Forums to make up for my lack of a life and an imagination.

I wanted to reply to this

When I look at the tide, I know that God made the Earth. The tide goes in and the tide goes out, never a miscommunication. You can't explain that.

>call newfag a newfag
you are a newfag too idiot

I imagine most practising believers have had spiritual experiences of varying intensities, since that's what the practices are designed to achieve. Of course most won't be comparable to psychedelic trips, but are in the same class of experience.

Thanks Bill

overbork

easy, atheists don't believe in magic friends & things that some kikes invented how never happened
that's so hard to understand

I fixed your analogy... you are welcome

I bet you drive a geo metro

ITT, 12,13,14,15yo fags EVERYWHERE!
MODS please have a look and ban FFS
Cancer is getting ridiculous now!

“Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there, and finding it.”

What do you base this on? I'm a 24 year old atheist.

I'm 34 with three graduate degrees,

>call newfag a newfag
you are a newfag too idiot
Well, you've just burnt yourself faggit, lurk moar and eventually come back stoopid!
How old are you again? 15?

Theist detected

Have a quick read thru the thread Sup Forumsros...

It has been logically proven that it is not possible for any entity to have the trait of omnipotence for many years now. What verifiable evidence do you have to provide us to convince us to believe in fairy tales from thousands of years ago?

There's a couple clearly dumb teens, but this thread doesn't seem immature. Is it that you think atheists are immature?

Then the example is unfounded.

Yeah. I went all the way the first time I did shrooms, like... all the way. Full ego death, mind felt like it melted, exploded and expanded all across the universe. Literally felt like a godlike being aware of everything.

Still an atheist.

there is no color, different surfaces reflect certain wavelenghts witch hit your eye.. the wave lenghts get interpreted as "color" to distinguish the wavelenghts and help us percieve the environment. it was importan for depth perception or too see what fruits are ripe (red ) and wich arent (green). but technically speaking everything is black and its surface reflect different wavelenghts of white (light)

Reeeee
FFS i was grillling them but atheist or not you're obv as dumb as them.
Fuck off FAG

Nope. But I am this guy--

>not knowing the difference between atheism and sceptisism

I'm an atheist myself, but I never got why people think they can explain god away with these cute little dilemmas.
Like, if god existed, I would imagine he's a being that completely transcends our understanding. He's not bound by conventional logic. Things like unliftable and still being able to lift simply wouldn't apply to him. That's what I imagine omnipotence to look like. And that's still just my best guess, nothing more.

I'm not OP, but I disagree with this. The properties of a substance which cause it to reflect certain wavelengths of light are what constitutes color for all intents and purposes. You wouldn't say that an object is black just because it is in the dark and cannot be seen. You would just say that you cannot see it. The color of the object (the physical properties which cause it to reflect certain wavelengths of light) does not change with the lighting. Only our perception of it's color changes.

this b8

Intelligent theists will admit that God can't do the logically impossible. Being able to realize all logical possibilities is still pretty impressive, though.

If God is real why does he hate you so much?

Nah you were too vague to really convey a message. You just said to read through the thread. It could have just as easily been you criticizing atheists.

You are dumb. Either he can or he cannot create the object. If you don't understand that I have no fucking clue how you became an atheist. I actually don't believe you. I smell theism in you.

That would just be attributed to god anyway m8, you know we can't do jack shit without his help

There is literally no such thing as an intelligent theist. Every intelligent person demands verifiable evidence before believing something.

Take the color purple, for example. There is no wavelength of light that is purple, it only exists for us due to the way we sense electromagnetic radiation with our eyes.

Theists are the blind ones, following the word of a being you only know exists through the words of another man/through a book.

>atheist
>doesnt believe in anything
He believes that religion is bullshit

right, but nothing can be seen without light. the second light hits a surface, its gets partially absorbed and the remaining reflecting parts can be percieved. you can thus assume that because somehting does not look white .. there are wavelenghts missing from the original spectrum of a light ray, which give information about the state of the object. colour for messuring distance, and context of objects, but every object is color less. it can only be (visually) interpreted if light reflects of it.

repaired it, free of charge

How about this one. Could God refuse to do something against his own will and then do it without doing it?

Could he create 8 new Gods (no more, no less) identical to him and then annihilate 30 of them? Or sqrt(-1) of them?

These questions are gibberish because they involve contradictions. God can't do the logically impossible because there's nothing logically impossible to be done.

380–450 nm. That's the wavelength of violet you stupid fuck

If you are unable to comprehend what I mean by transcending conventional logic, then you're the dumb one.
Your entire view is just based on the fact that everything has to abide by whatever you deem logical. But you don't know if your understanding of logic applies to everything or if it is the only way to make sense of something.
For example, I am a mathematician and I visited several courses of mathematical logic. And just in math alone, there are different approaches you can take to get something that is 'logically consistent'. There's no reason why things like that shouldn't also apply to the real world.

Triggered atheist detected

color spectrums mix, and give different denseties, green mixes if yellow and bue reflect a certain way for example. not every wave length hits you with 100%.. so you get shades of a colourto frurther determin

Violet is not the same thing as purple.

violet and purple... bruh, know your color theory better.

By your definition of color, that would mean that for some animals (and humans), certain colors would not exist. However, this is incorrect. They cannot perceive the colors, but that doesn't mean they cease to exist. For example, they could use a tool to measure the color and read the hex value or text representation. The physical properties of the object are what constitutes color. Not an individual's perception of it. How our brain chooses to represent that color to our conscious is not what color is. If there was another creature who perceived these same physical properties the same way we perceive temperature, that wouldn't change anything. Red would still be red and blue would still be blue. Only their perception of those colors would be different. Words are just labels used to help describe something. We use the word color to describe the physical properties which affect which wavelengths of light are reflected.

You're the kind of autistic that documents his bowel movements huh?

>Triggered atheist

Why cant theist define a god everyone believes in immediately without being forced to?

the only thing you can wish for as an atheist is that he doesn't exist and that's a bleak outlook if you ask me.

You clearly do not understand what logic even is. Please take a class on logic.

That's the best response you had?

no user on Sup Forums ever cares about what education or degrees another user says he has.

I did, but I bet you didn't.
Mathematical logic is just formalized conventional logic.

I don't care what you believe, just don't make shitty arguments about it.

God is an Egyptian chaos amphibian, possibly a Greek apple tossing cunt. Yahweh is the demiurge.

I didn't do it to brag, just to give a little context as to why I would have come across logic in scientifically minded environment.

You're retarded. If purple is a color, it has a wavelength, and all colors that we can see are due to the way our eyes and brain process the light spectrum. There's no "trick colors" or whatever nonsense you seem to be going on about.

Best? No. Most plausible? Yes

Fixed that for you.

I hope you realize that most atheists you meet were taught about christianity from birth, believed it at one point, and then dropped it because they realized it was bullshit.

Letting go of christianity was one of the most freeing moments of my life. I remember being a teenager and finally being free of the fear that I'd be tortured for all eternity if I made the wrong move or didn't spend the rest of my life submitting to this imaginary abusive father figure.

I understand. You really don't have anything at your core beyond the 'got your goat' game. You're paper thin.

There is a physical property of reflecting electromagnetic waves of particular wavelengths in particular ways. That is a different thing from a "color".

if you slipped a pinger in a religious person's coffee, he'd think god was speaking to hi.

if you did the same to the atheist, he'd assume he;d been spiked.

religious people who are devout beyond just culture or spirituality, those few who are dogmatic in their belief - these people invariably try to squeeze the world around their religion without considering anything else. you feel something strange - it was god. you get that promotion - it was god. you are narrowly missed by a swerving car - it was god. it's not a way of thinking that's thorough at all, it;s all self affirming bullshit that conveniently ignores anything else.

Die

how the fuck is this an argument? that the best you got champ?

you can make any colour you damn well please with the correct superposition of particular waves of particular wavelength.

if you can't understand it means "not theism" then that is your own fault.
you not understanding simple things does not make you correct. it makes you a pain in the ass to argue with.

I'm literally a genius. Despite no formal education, I surpass my coworkers in ability despite some of them having master's degrees in computer science or related fields. I am self taught and have read many books on many subjects. My specialty is computer science. In order to excel at computer science, I first had to learn logic. Logic is very important for computer programming, specifically, but also for troubleshooting skills as well.

Yeah you totally document your bowel movements

>Dunning–Kruger, the post

Okay how about this one. On any given day, can God obey all and only the laws of first order propositional logic, and realize a contradiction?

"If I can see it, it's real."
Sounds foolproof to me.

No, but I do often track my micro nutrients.