Unpopular opinion coming through:

Unpopular opinion coming through:

SGU > Stargate (1994) < SG-1 > SGA

Agreed. SGU was fantastic.

More like factually and universally wrong opinion coming through.

The real ranks are as follows:
Stargate > SG1 > SGA > SGU

SGA is unwatchable I hate that colonel with the whinny voice and long hair. They added too much camp, nobody who enjoyed the movie could watch that shit.

Yep, which shows just how bad Universe is.

No, SGU fixed everything.

I liked the new Independence Day.

SGU fucked everything.
Until roughly halfway through S2, the writers didn't realize nobody wanted space opera. They wanted SG1 with less, whiny characters and more interesting, varied plot lines.

OK.

Stargate : McKay > everythang

Mckays actor should be lynched. Everything, and I mean everything this dog touches turns to utter shit.

>Rooooodney!

If I liked TNG would I like the Stargate shows?

Some episodes sure.
If you like TNG watch SG1

If you like DS9 watch SGU

If you VOY watch SGA

I'm literally triggered right now.

Did you know that the humans sgu meets, their descendents are the ones who created the drone ships?

Did you know that those who decided to renew their contact would have been the ones that don't die from the freezing process?

Did you know that the fucker still won't tell us what the cosmic background radiation signal was all about?

Kill yourself rodney.

It's more or less the same thing, instead of the enterprise it's Stargate Command/SGC in another galaxy/on the most fucking advanced starship that was just abandoned.

>Did you know that the fucker still won't tell us what the cosmic background radiation signal was all about?

It was god telling us he exists. You're welcome.

>Mckays actor should be lynched.
keked when I read this, totally inappropriate

Best episode.

Thanks guys

The groundhog day from SG1 is the best episode.

Well the implication I made by quoting the previous user was that it was the best Rodney episode.

I liked SGU, the darker and more serious tone was a nice change. However the desire to be BSG in the first season meant the story arcs were too long and too boring to begin with.
Whole episodes on finding food, then water, then power... Fine this stuff needs to happen but as the main plot of an episode where nothing else seems to happen?
The second season was heading in the right direction by lightening up a bit, getting glimpses of what the Lanteans were up to before they turned into lazy gods was fun, it's just a shame they didn't do all this interesting stuff earlier.

I also loved that the ship was literally the pinnacle of Lantean technology, I mean, flying into a star to scoop up some energy like ice cream was pretty fun.

Why do you refuse to rank SGA in line with the movie and Universe? Are you a coward?

Yep, felt as excited as Rush discovering all this shit.

Hey I liked that one movie he did where he killed a guy I think? It was funny damn it.

>Lantean
The Lanteans are just the people living in Atlantis in Pegasus after it left earth, it's not the name of the whole race.

SGU was like being a fan of Farmer Joe's Apples and one day receiving a box from Farmer Joe that contains oranges instead. Because he wants orange audience.

Not that I can't appreciate oranges, but I wanted apples. Farmer Joe lost lots of customers who did not want oranges at all. And people who like oranges never thought to look for them in a crate labelled "Farmer Joe's Apples". And those oranges were not that good, because Joe was growing apples all his career and doesn't quite get the technology. Farmer Joe is a fool.

>you wouldn't download an orange

This
The idea of SGU was pretty good, and had a lot of potential. But they just fucked up the execution of it. It was just starting to find its feet when they axed it. Same thing happened with Dollhouse.

Also, SGU had a "eagles fly frodo to mordor" with the portal stones. Have Daniel Jackson use the portal stones and he and Rush, and hell possibly McKay and/or Carter figure the whole ship out...
Then they could have made Star Trek in the Stargate universe, with them using the full abilities of the ship to get home

The quality apples I'd come to enjoy in the 90s were no sustained in production. I like oranges just as much as apples, and the apples were rotten so I happily opted for oranges when they became available.

I used to love stargate Atlantis, but now as an adult I think it's unwatchable because Rodney has a meltdown like every episode

Nah, the problem was mostly infrastructure and resource shortage. Expertise was never the problem.

There are two difference. Stargate characters are non-nosense military men and not some kind of philosophers and there's very few rubber forehead aliens.

There's mostly humans, humans who were transported to other planets by aliens, humans infested by mind-controlling alien parasites, humans engineered by mind-contolling alien parasites, aliens that look like humans because they made humans look like them and aliens who look like humans because they were also made by previous aliens.

>no-nosense military men
Someone hasn't seen SGA, it's The Office in space. Watch it if you doubt me, that's a pretty accurate way to describe it.

Agree with you there.
SG1 had alot of humor but just as much drama to level it out.
SGA is packed with quips and humor every episode. Rarely any drama that doesn't feel forced. This is all because of rodney though. Remove him and no more humor, just straight up SG1 on an island.

>SGA
>rarely any drama that not forced
Replicators with an agenda and resources
Todd

>caring about faggy drama

Maximum wrong you retard.

Drink more semen faggot
Jesus that's awful and you think this is good quality? Wtf is wrong with you?
Just go watch BSG
I like when Tayla sung

He's under an ungodly amount of stress, though. They make him do fucking everything and come up with all the ideas.

So he represents whites in society?

SG1 = SGA > Stargate (1994) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SGU

This is not debatable.

>I was born in 1999

Was Prince your dad?

GO sit in the corner.

I will goa'uld sit in the corner :^)

this god damn mini arc, god damn that was so good.

Novus had so much potential!

Did you know that the Stargate TV series is not originally a Sy-Fy concept?

It actually began on Showtime and aired Friday nights with Odyssey 5 and Jeremiah (reverse Children of Men). Back then Stargate often had nudity in it, these episodes weren't shown on Sci-Fi channel or were edited.

That pilot episode when Apophis stripped Sha're bare was always pleasant to watch. Nothing like some random nudity on TV.

Now the creators have backtracked and said it felt out of place and wasn't part of their original vision, it was a suggestion of the network to make it more adult. Considering that's how it began it's odd that it turned more family friendly in the end.

He stripped a female US airman topless as well.

Do you know how much shit the military keeps getting because of the sexual harassment of their soldiers, sailors etc.

I would love to see the original pilot air today, the shit storm would be lovely.

that's my waifu, but she was never nude because all of SGU was on Sy-Fy, not Showtime.

She was nude in Masters of Horror though

She was indeed.
Do you know how many women are blessed with a body like hers? Not many.
>giant fucking tits
>strong amazonian body
>lovely photogenic face
>former ballet dancer

>It's an SG1 goes through the wormhole and arrives in Canada episode

Last bit of SGU was shaping up to be some GOAT shit.

Wish they hadn't fucked up the first like 24 episodes though and tanked it.

A ballet dancer with tits? That's a fuckin' unicorn right there.

It wasn't even stargate.

Too much teen drama and who the fuck though the lucian alliance was a good idea?

The producers obviously. Those old geezers who know what young people want to watch.

If nothing else the show had a really great set, I loved the dirty but functional aesthetic.