Berlin techno

What makes Berlin techno so special, different from all other techno? Also, post the best you've got. I want to hear what people listen to when say that Berlin techno is great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tYdkALMXVwU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

basic channel

this. and porter ricks.

nowadays though its cassegrain, paula temple, dax j and the likes

recondite, stimming, boys noize
its the energy man. those germans are crazy ppl

do you know more that's really dense and ambient like porter ricks, i can't get into basic channel because it's too clean. I can only think of gas

>listens to sub zero once

listen to Wolfgang's other work besides Gas
ambient grunge and others

quality bait

Ambient grunge was alright, but I'd definitely recommend Rückverzauberung 10 from 2015 to any fan of Ambient music.

is that the building you blow up in cod2?

>What makes Berlin techno so special, different from all other techno?
It's a techno hotspot, owing to the various labels that the BC boys curated. They were hugely influential back in the day.

When it comes to Euro techno I prefer the Cologne/Kompakt (as opposed to Berlin/Hardwax for example) sound because it's way less oppressive, it's more influenced by trance, which I enjoy, and I'm a huge Wolfgang Voigt fan but Berlin has some good material coming out of it.

Try out Teebs, Shinichi Atobe. The former is a bit iffy as it is not really techno or dance music, it's kind of like FlyLo doing Gas but Shinichi Atobe is definitely what you're looking for. The marketing behind Atobe is a bit sketchy, it's like they tried to really really pump him up as this "obscure techno artist" and it's so obvious but I really like Butterfly Effect and Worlds. The Chain Reaction label might have some gems as well - Porter Ricks was on it. Vladislav Delay too, though I kind of hate his stuff. I'm about 90% sure he just sampled Tim Hecker and called it a day on one of his more recent albums. Lame.

Mint is my favorite Voigt project. It's a lot like Gas just a bit more dance-oriented. Dude is a genius. Pop Ambient 2017 was great.

For such a blasphemy the developers would be burned.

thank u

EDM is still EDM no matter what you call it

I'm not ashamed to say I love electronic dance music. Do you think I'm a 16 year old who thinks that Skrillex/Flux Pavilion/Major Lazer is the only EDM? There's shit in every genre. Weak bait but I still took it.

It's all the same shit
EDM isn't real music

>hurr durr X isn't real music
>only Y is real music hurr
I actually expected you to be the very first to respond. Surprised by how much adequate people answered before you showed up.

>>>/youtube comments/

can i get into berghain if i don't speak german?

no

>tfw mods warn me when there has been weeks of pol shitposting
Very fair man ya an all

youtube.com/watch?v=tYdkALMXVwU

what if i'm a qt girl

anyone into the /prod/ of this berlin techno style?

there aren't too many resources for the techniques BC and others used, but from what i can tell most seem to use modulars, 909s and roland space echos... that seem right? any other key gear you know of?

pic related

wtf there's a fucking Gas song in the middle of this

nthng is as lame as the kids on that Slav youtube channel and probably browses Sup Forums.

Try to find interviews or pictures of their setup to get specifics.

I think it's just lots of band pass and delay though. Those are definitely two things that BC got a shit-ton of use out of. I'm not so sure the exact equipment matters. It's deceptively hard to pull off despite being so...basic.

It's like Gas, even a child can layer loops and make it "ambient" with a couple of hours in a DAW but how the fuck do you make your loops sound like Pop 4?

I hate minimal techno, I love artists that make interesting techno, minimally.