What's the difference between grime and dubstep?

What's the difference between grime and dubstep?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RqQGUJK7Na4
youtube.com/watch?v=YJVmu6yttiw
youtube.com/watch?v=gDU1Cy152S4
youtube.com/watch?v=rNStVlJWy88
youtube.com/watch?v=v14Nvd6Zkt4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bpm

grime is made by black people from the ends like stormzy. dubstep is made by people who wear DC shoes and have a monster sticker on their back garden mini ramp

Grime is british hip-hop/trap from the past couple years
Dubstep is obnoxious bro EDM noises from 2010

there are many differences between grime and dubstep

if anything I would say the genres are entirely unrelated

Explain more please? I want to learn. I thought they came from the same style of music, no?

BOTH COME FROM JUNGLE
BOTH HAVE SHITTY OFFGENRES
GRIME IS GOOD, DUB IS SHITE

10/10

Grime is british hip hop influenced from various kinds of british dance music.
Dubstep is dance music that has its roots in 2-step garage and is heavily influenced by dub music.

Here's a recent grime song
youtube.com/watch?v=RqQGUJK7Na4

Here's a dubstep
youtube.com/watch?v=YJVmu6yttiw

can you see any similarities what so ever?

What about first wave dubstep and grime? Aren't they not incredibly similar, developing side by side out of garage and other strains of uk dance music?

True yes, although both genres have developed greatly and are basically completely different now.

I wouldn't even call dubstep a UK genre anymore, whilst it's basically impossible to consider yourself "grime" if you aren't UK based

Wtf is first wave dub step?

youtube.com/watch?v=gDU1Cy152S4
youtube.com/watch?v=rNStVlJWy88

enjoy

This is just dub tho?

This sounds nothing like skrillex

Skrillex isn't dubstep.

It's quite clear you're completely mixing up shitty brostep with actual dubstep.

You are a pleb.
Real Dubstep is from early 00s London
Brostep is what everyone thinks dubstep is. In reality its the American EDM bastardisation of the British underground.

Skream and Benga are basically credited with the real creation of the genre

>This is just dub tho?
>Impying Skrillex came before the likes of Skream, Benga, and Coki.

im so confused

watching americans and australians try and talk about uk dance music will never stop being hilarious

I was just about to say the same thing. Americans turned dubstep in to a competition around who can make the craziest sounds whilst still passing it off as music.

No, dub would be something like this
youtube.com/watch?v=v14Nvd6Zkt4

Dubstep started out with stuff like Skream and Benga, then people like Skrillex and Datsik got their hands on it and started putting all sorts of retarded noises in it, a style which eventually started to be known as "brostep" to distinguish it from what dubstep was originally. It's not really that complicated.

because it's actual dubstep you moron

grime = vocals on dubstep or garage

this looool