Rank 'em

Rank 'em

Mann > Innaritu >>> Malcuck >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Von Try hard

Malick>>Mann>Inarritu>Von trier

Von Trier = Malick > > > Mann > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Innaritu

Inarritu > LVT > Malick > Mann

Terry>Innarittu>Mann>Sup Forums

Can't believe no one got this right yet:

Mann > Malick > Innaritu > Von Edgelord

How could anyone rate Innaritu so highly?

I makes totally bland, middlebrow, oscarbait crap

Malick's so far above them it's not even a competition.

Herzog is also above both AGI and LVT.

>HERZOG
OH FUCKING SHIT WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING :DDDDD

Why do you all autismlords call Iñarritu Innarritu?

Anyways
Early Malick >>>> Mann > Late Malick > Von Trier = Iñarritu

terry>lars>meme>inaredditu

>rejecting the path of light.
user why

Malick > Trier > Innaritu > Mann

Malick
----
----
Trier
----
Mann
---
---
---
---
---
Innaritu

Say all you want about Iñarritu but he really hasn't done a bad film yet, unlike Von Trier and Mann

Tarkovsky and Malick made the same mistake. They started with some GOAT kino and they ended up drowning in a pool of "poetry" and "spiritual art" because they took themselves way too seriously.

Malick is trying to guide you into the light. No obfuscation, just sincere attempt at evoking emotions and seeing the glory of life and path of light.

>Seriously
Yeah that panty stealing scene in Tree of Life is so serious, Malick can jest within his films if he wants to.

If Malick had only done Badlands and Days of heaven he'd have been one of the greatest American directors ever. But...

Then he made a bunch of other films and can be said to be one of the best directors on Earth, so far.

(prime)Malick > Mann > Lars > Inarritu

>Prime Malick
You mean Knight of Cups - To the Wonder - Tree of Life Malick SURELY?

Von Trier looks like a massive pedophile.

Surely he means TRL malick.

nah, senpai, he ruined his legacy
he'll forever be remember as the dude that did 2.5 hour "poetic" borefests

i disagree. he has found some way to portray intense emotions like no other director for me.

Say all you want about Iñarritu but he really hasn't done a good film yet, unlike Von Trier and Mann

Inarritu hasn't done a film that's worth watching. Too little emphasis on blockbusterisms to be worthwhile surface level entertainment, too shallow in its themes to be enjoyable contemplative cinema.

I'm pretty sure you actually think you said something

It's a summary of my thoughts. Biutiful breaks this sort of. I'm bad at explaining my feels, but that's what I think of his films, honestly.