What is the best pair of headphones for first person shooter pc gaming?

What is the best pair of headphones for first person shooter pc gaming?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7pdPHC6yAKU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OPs pic is good starter pair for mixing. The M50s are not gaming headphones.

2 genders

I have ATH M50X's like your pic, been using them in combination with a modmic 3.0 for about a year now, they work great and I haven't had any problems - a little pricey though, I got the headphones and mic for about $150 on sale.

I want to be able to hear footsteps and all noises and directions the quiet noises are coming from.

Do you want headphones or a headset?

pick the Sennheiser HD 800

not a headset because from what I researched online headsets are both inferior sound quality and microphone quality compared to having a separate headphones and microphone.

>Sennheiser HD 800
way too much money bro

what's your budget?

I´ll probably get shanked for saying this, but the Logitech G933 have a great spatial sound and I can hear all footsteps clearly in CS.
Microphone is shit though so I run a studio mic on a microphone stand.

Sony MDR1000X on a very close level but music sounds much better

less than 300 for sure

iiiii
youtube.com/watch?v=7pdPHC6yAKU

that was retarded

beyerdynamic dt 770 closed

top notch sound

the problem is with headphones you're getting a closed soundstage because they're for music. if you want to hear directional sound you're going to have far better luck getting a gaming headset.

astros

and you need to spend +150$ for an amp or get the shitty 32ohm version

>beyerdynamic dt 770 closed
amazon link? they have different OHMs and shit

ok so whats the best headset?

whats your budget

under 250

astro a40
sennheiser game one

you really won't need to spend 300 unless you're looking for some audiophile shit but at that point like i said you won't be getting good directional sound

you could probably spend the 150$ you save and get yourself a pair of ATH m50s too and then you'd have headphones for gaming and headphones for music if you're into that sorta thing

That doesn't mean they can't be used for gaming. Good sound is good sound.

good sound doesn't mean they'll be good for gaming either. being able to hear the sound != being able to hear where the sound is coming from. I've had M50s before and they have a shit soundstage for gaming.

I've been hearing some great things about the new Steelseries Arctis. Doesn't cost that much and supposedly can rival 300 dollar headsets comparing the sound quality. Getting one for Christmas myself.

$40 and beats every gaming headset

get a modmic if you want to talk dirty with it

be advised that it does not isolate sound

Still better than most gaming headsets though. I used mine for about 6 months before I upgraded and they worked fine, I could hear directional sound because I don't have shit ears. Most closed back headphones have shit soundspaces anyway and nobody has asked if OP is chill leaking his audio all over the place yet.

You can find these bad boys at Brookstone. $129 and they do a lot. The ears are stereo speakers, the color glows when you press a button, they come with a mic attachment, you can also mount a different mic if you want as it uses an audio jack. It's USB rechargeable and lasts almost a week on one charge. The sound quality far surpasses that of dre beats and can almost be compared to Bose. Seriously. Also they come with a year warentee so if anything is unsatisfactory or malfunctioning you can return them for another pair.

AKG K702
Great imaging and soundstage which makes them perfect for positional audio.
You might not like them if you are some basshead millenial though...

why the hell would you want to play the sounds you are listening to in the ear cups out of speakers on the top of you head?