Music quotes you like

>"Jazz is a white term to define black people. My music is black classical music."

Post them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TNxG7JnO1oA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>"All music is folk music. I ain't never heard a horse sing a song" - Louis Armstrong

"Magic people, Voodoo People"

~Maxim

>Nina Simone said this

Fuck her. I could understand this quote if it was uttered by Mingus, but Nina is utter pop trash.

>Jazz is a white term to define black people
Not true.

>My music is black classical music.
Again not true.

Why do you like this, op? You think it's clever or something?

She trained as a classical pianist but could never make it in that era because of her skin colour. Sure she was a bitter, kinda fucked up woman but you sound far worse with that stupid dismissal.

Nina Simone said this so the merit of this quote goes way the fuck down

>"We were playing a festival in Dublin the other week. There was this other group, like, warming up in the next sort of chalet, and they were terrible. I said, 'Shut them cunts up!' And they were still warming up, so I threw a bottle at them. The bands said, 'That's the Sons of Mumford' or something. 'They're number five in charts!' I just thought they were a load of retarded Irish folk singers."

It's not like that man, she's just used as the representative of "cool cred" with black music. She didn't actually make a lot of good stuff.

I'm not dismissing her as a person, I'm just dismissing her music, wich doesn't show any sort of classical training.
It's pop music mate, nothing more.

Lighten up.

Mark's a goldmine for quotes. I was always fond of
>I used to be psychic, but I drank my way out of it.

Her studio albums were pop. If you watch her live at montreux she shows her classical routes and her live performances were known for improvisation

>I don't do drugs
>what do you spend your money on?
>drugs
>for other people?
>yes

>and her live performances were known for improvisation
Wich is not what classical piano virtuosos do.
I've heard her playing piano, and her technique is sloppy at best. She could have never made it in the classical world.

Later in his life he changed his mind and ended up rejecting the XX century in its entirety. Kinda sad.

Not even the best Lou interview.
youtube.com/watch?v=TNxG7JnO1oA

I'm not comparing her to classical music with her improvisation, I'm just trying to dispute you calling her 'pop trash'

What about birds though?

>Later in his life he changed his mind and ended up rejecting the XX century in its entirety.
what a tool. those frenchies were all about fashion. good thing the best 20th century composers were germanics and eastern europeans

based

That's fucking stupid rofl

This one is the best and everything else sucks.

>1791+226
>people think mozart is significant in any way at all

mozart is overrated stop this shit