/classical/

''Every avant-gard movement past serialism is trash'' edition

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VQlPqcJpx74
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcGkkXtask_fpbK9YXSzlJC4f0nGms1mI
youtu.be/bdVpty25oMg
youtube.com/watch?v=Isic2Z2e2xs
reddit.com/r/classicalmusic/comments/5w061v
youtube.com/watch?v=bjMwo1gb410
youtu.be/wOJ3r0OqItw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

serialism was a bad joke

best composer of the 20th century reporting in

*teleports behind Hindemith*

P-eh-tz-hold

Please anons, help me with my problem.

I've always liked classical music but I didn't get seriously into it until a few months ago. I've been listening to a lot of stuff by many different composers. And the problem is, I like absolutely everything I've listened to so far. Like, I can't really properly judge because everything sounds pleasant to me. Do I have no standards? Am I ignoring any musical aspects?

Just learn what sonata form is and you'll understand everything

Before falling asleep I always enter in a zen-like state in wich I can hear full blown symphonies in my head. With some training I've learnt how to trigger this mindset at will.

Now, I don't know how to transcribe music, nor I have any sort of musical training. How much practice does it take to learn how to transcribe music from your head to music sheet? I'm sure I could give it 2 hours of practice every day.
What should I expect?

Do you ever get drunk and start conducting Beethoven in your livingroom?

Or is that just me? I must know, my girlfriend thinks I'm weird but I'm sure that's perfectly natural

I've never listened to classical. Where should I start?

youtube.com/watch?v=VQlPqcJpx74

Try this

I do that when I'm sober.

Me and my classical-music friends played beer pong for a long time. Then sombody just turned the boxes on and Mahler 2 pressured the whole room. We started to groan the theme and rolled on the floor almost with the rhythym. And you thought being drunk and start conducting Beethoven is weird?

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcGkkXtask_fpbK9YXSzlJC4f0nGms1mI

That should be your natral reaction, regardless of how sober you are.

I agree, playing beer pong is very weird.

*natural

Dope, thanks

Lol you guys

>Then sombody just turned the boxes on and Mahler 2 pressured the whole room. We started to groan the theme and rolled on the floor almost with the rhythym.
Oh, so you performed Berio's Sinfonia?

LOL

Bizet
youtu.be/bdVpty25oMg

What's the best recording of Ein deutsches Requiem?

This one.

The choir in that one can't fucking sing German to save their lives, and SDF's favorite recording is a bit too slow

quick question how do you guys scrobble classical music?
would you tag the album artist ast he composer then the performer as the artist?

CLT BTFO

No because you can't scrobble live performances and scrobbling is gay af anyway.

literally end your life

that'll just make it even harder to scrobble

>xD

>le spooky hand

Still doing this meme, are we?

>depussy in your chart
wew who would've thought

when did i say xD in that post?

don't flatter yourself
many people experience the same phenomena; I guarantee whatever it is you're imagining is unremarkable

chart

You will never be a cosy classical radio deejay introducing devoted listeners to countless underappreciated composers.

Anyone here like Gustav Holst's The Planets? Not seeing it in any charts.

youtube.com/watch?v=Isic2Z2e2xs

Petzold.

Was Ride of the Valkyries such a meme before Apocalypse Now?

>tfw you don't know anyone who can appreciate music as intellectually as you do

did you study music theory and compositon?

Yes

Same.

Hey, guys, how do I string quartet expert? Here's my start.
Got the Bartok's and the Kolday's on the way, and as you can tell, I'm mostly into late-Romantic and Modern stuff.

Do you study the cross section of music and mathematics?

yeah it's entry level normie-core which makes people dismiss it but it's still good

uranus is the best planet btw

I'm not a Bauchtist.

Hi, I just started listening to classical, and I was wondering why Mozart is such overrated pleb tier compared to John Williams.

The modern choices are fairly solid, Pacifica are a great quartet.
You need Mozart, Haydn, and a better recording of Beethoven's quartets.

Also if you like that Crawford Seeger quartet, try Ives' and Carter's.

>emerson string quartet

M E M E A L E R T

Whoa, Haydn wrote a lot of fucking quartets!
>Preconceiving that composers tend to write one quartet per Op
>This guy did up to six per Op

Should I just get the lot?

>2017
>not listening to yourself improvising on Ondes Martenot as a primary source of music
jeez this board is pretty pleb

No bullshit, what's the best complete set of Schubert's string quartets?

>Wagner's Tristan und Isolde is sometimes described as marking the start of modern music.

Is this fair?

no

I can kind of concur with that Uranus is the best, but I'm biased since I'm a trombonist that likes the high range and there's a really nice passage in it.

Jupiter is really nice as well.

You big dummies.

Neptune is clearly superior musically

Concur.

You're fucking dumb if you don't see that actually

Obvious samefag is obvious

>implying you have an Ondes Martenot
I highly doubt it

The Tristan chord is often singled out, but really it was operas like Elektra, or Schoenberg's Verklärte Nacht that were the start of modern music.

Gesualdo was really the start, but he mostly went ignored.

I really like Balay's Prelude et Ballade

Guys? Should I get all ~24h of Haydn quartets, or is there some more easily digestible recording?

what are your most beloved keys
F#m, Dm, C#m, Fm, Eb are mine

Can anyone actually respond to this question? I don't give a fuck if you think that the music I'm imagining is shit, I want to transcribe it. This is the first step I have to take to improve it, so keep your stupid considerations for yourself.

I mean, no one here knows how to transcribe music? Is this why I'm getting no answers? Are you guys all as pleb as me?

C minor and F major are probably my favorites.

Gm, Am, D#maj and Emaj

Get on my level

Go study music at college / university.

That or learn how to work a DAW or notation program, or ideally, both.

Just get them all, they're all pretty good. You could focus on Op. 64 if you need to cut things down.

See? Still no answer.

At this point I'm 99% sure that no one here knows how to transcribe music. What a shame.

Do period instruments actually "improve" the interpretation? I don't care much for what Haydn had in mind when composing, just as I love Bach on piano.

>Gould
>not Koroliov for pedal-less interpretations
>not Nikolayeva for interpretations woth heavy pedaling

Shit taste

>no one here knows how to transcribe music
write it down, get it? it it so hard? can't you use pen and paper, or at least a mouse?

actually, just looked that shit up on Amazon, and it's $380 so I'll stick to a $35 copy without the historical flourish, thank you very much

>capitalistcuck
use torrents

>gardiner
>not klemperer with dieskau and schwarzkopf
You are nuts if you really think that's the best one

Going to university will help you learn how to transcribe.

If you dont know how to read music, start with that. otherwise learn a DAW and stop bothering us.

My question:
>How much practice does it take to learn how to transcribe music from your head to music sheet?
>I'm sure I could give it 2 hours of practice every day.

Your answer:
>go to university

>How much practice does it take to learn how to transcribe music from your head to music sheet?
a day or two, if you're really persistent. there's nothing hard about it
when I was a kid, it took a couple of hours and some audio software, I quickly figured out how to draw notes in a piano roll

use rutracker you muppet

Some people like to own physical media and support the labels and performers.

Dm, Cm, Eb

The music you hear will be the same. If you want to fill your CD rack, dont complain about price to us.

Yes.

>when I was a kid, it took a couple of hours and some audio software, I quickly figured out how to draw notes in a piano roll

Wich is not what I'm asking for. You're clearly incompetent, just ignore my questions.

Anyone else?

Shosty's Preludes and Fugues aren't too bad

reddit.com/r/classicalmusic/comments/5w061v

>yfw everyone depicts bogwig as an autistic bogbilly

Thoughts on Gernsheim?

i only buy vinyl

what a bunch of fags

>incapable of holding a normal conversation, always shout at people
>costantly sperg out for no reason whatsoever, always fighting with everyone
>go for months without changing clothes or showering, people around him literally had to sneak in his house, throw his old clothes away and substitute them with new, fashionable ones
>incomprehensible hand writing, uses lots of exlamation works (his conversation books are extremely funny, they're filled with ''WHAT?????? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!'')
>do only one thing for his entire life (composing music since he was 7)
>never had a girlfriend
>had literally only 3 friends, and they were piano students of his
>his house was a mess, there were always lots of chamberpots filled with piece and shit everywhere and he apparently didn't care about it

>I'm pretty sure Beethoven was the ultimate music sperg

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>>his house was a mess, there were always lots of chamberpots filled with piss and shit everywhere and he apparently didn't care about it
>tfw his house would've festered into a real life BOG had he been left to his own devices

CAN'T ESCAPE THE MEMES!

I think he was bipolar actually

Yeah, one pole of his house was full of shit and the other was full of piss. He only found solace in music, where he synthesized them like no one else.

I bet Mozart would have loved him

>mfw secret canon lore

Molter
youtube.com/watch?v=bjMwo1gb410

youtu.be/wOJ3r0OqItw

BBC Great Composers episode for Wagner and within the first minute the topic is antisemitism and the speaker a holocaust survivor.

Just listen to those youtube "best of" videos. Make sure to read the comments to see the plebs wollow in their own arrogance. Aka "i'm 12 and I like this"