Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo...

Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo, where was the hate train for the remakes of Robocop and Total Recall?

I felt like I was the only one that was truly livid that two classic Verhoeven movies were being tainted with boorishly CGI driven imitators, and still haven't seen either out of protest.

Yet, people were okay with Total Recall (despite the charisma vacuum that is Colin Farrell) and people even LIKED the new Robocop despite it lacking any good satire (A parody of Fox News and Bill O'Reilly? Oh my god this has never been done before!) and a fun but at the same time, plausibly gritty looking future (ED-209's in Iraq lmao)

So truly, why does the new Ghostbusters get the hate? Why the backlash against reboots now?

Other urls found in this thread:

vine.co/v/iEPEHQ7Xzbw
youtu.be/fdIqSWWACV4?t=2m36s
youtube.com/watch?v=a0LeFg0QSgg&index=20&list=PL2o_A-4R0CUQoMHW3wOni5MIIJA9COWyu
youtube.com/watch?v=tx_KJnpjofk
youtube.com/watch?v=z1Lpqv2mdlE&
youtube.com/watch?v=od_p_3sBjdk
youtube.com/watch?v=O0mApp-2Plo
youtube.com/watch?v=c6ICqwE6bU4&index=2&list=PLE4E153A86374F5BB
youtube.com/watch?v=iRZ_itT50l4
youtube.com/watch?v=EelxIH1nC0s
youtube.com/watch?v=JkCLtUUCoWM&list=PLA19A9963C96479CF&index=7
youtube.com/watch?v=wQ0ngWXd6i0&list=PLA19A9963C96479CF&index=8
youtube.com/watch?v=7MixnqJIlvg
youtube.com/watch?v=EdxrKZgu6ng
youtube.com/watch?v=-hpid6vjlMs
youtube.com/watch?v=dZdj5NJj-Bk
youtube.com/watch?v=mRDl5_-wJ0Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because for many years, everyone was expecting Ghostbusters 3 with the original cast.

People hated on the RoboCop and Total Recall reboots. Only difference is you weren't called a bigot for hating those pieces of shit.

There wasn't a lot of backlash because those two films were utterly forgettable and no one cared to waste their thoughts on them.

because instead of campy and badass, they were serious and generic

Because the makers of those films weren't actively insulting and trying to alienate the fans of the original and, by existence, a large chunk of its audience

I really liked the Total Recall remake. Was excellently done.

I bought the Robocop remake other day and still need to watch it.

Because Hollywood is packaging the same exact, terrible uninspired remake behind an SJW marketing campaign that has already burned out and overstayed it's welcome with everyone who isn't a fucking faggot.

Those movies weren't being made/marketed specifically as a fuck you to men in general

I think I found out the reason why these reboots are not so hated as the Ghostbusters one is.

These reboots were not marketed to SJW feminists. They may be PG 13 yes but still they were not force fed with feminist ideals.

Reported.

Stop spamming this shitty bait thread.

Yes my thoughts exactly.

Go and watch the Total Recall remake: you get strong female leads yes but also a strong based male lead who is never put down at all for being a male nor is it ever described that the females are stronger.

Hell you get a great scene of Colin Farrell beating up a female during a fight - something that the SJW's would never allow now.

>even the Deadpool movie didn't allow to show a female dying on screen.

enough

Everyone commented about how bad and stupid it was to remake these movies when they were releasing.

The difference is, media and normal people were all on the same page, whereas the Fembusters reboot has media trying to force this shit on people that don't want it.

I just began the Robocop reboot movie and holy shit that opening Iraq segment is fucking based!

Amazing CGI! Doesn't look fake at all. You can tell it was made with utmost care.

vine.co/v/iEPEHQ7Xzbw

No women leads

There was hate for both of them but the directors and producers and cast didn't call you sexist shitlords for not wanting to see it

Did you even watch Total Recall?

who reposts these threads over and over? It is 1 lonely user or is someone getting paid for it? Either way fuck off

robocop was dogshit, at least total recalls remake had a goat soundtrack.

>So truly, why does the new Ghostbusters get the hate?
Because it has shitty jokes, a shitty plot and the acting isn't good at all.

It has nothing to do with men hating female leads.

youtu.be/fdIqSWWACV4?t=2m36s

2:36 - 3:02 been my ringtone for 2 years now.

Like whoa man the 2014 has the same aesthetic as HAL-9000. Crazy.

Everyone agreed those movies are shit.
Nobody is stirring up shit because the movie is disliked.
Nobody calls me sexist for disliking the Robocop or Total Recall reboot.

Without controversy everyone just forgets these movies exist.

It hasn't even come out yet kek.

I saw Total Recall for the first time last summer and it was pretty bad. I don't get how it became so popular.

>hmm, it appears the mods are finally deleting my shitty Ghostbusters threads that exist just to bait Sup Forumsedditors into talking about how much they hate women
>I know, I'll post a general remakes thread to do the same thing

0:19 - PURE KINO
youtube.com/watch?v=a0LeFg0QSgg&index=20&list=PL2o_A-4R0CUQoMHW3wOni5MIIJA9COWyu

op confirmed for retard, people HATED these movies, conflict makes hatred more visible and nobody fought for these movies.

There was a LOT of hate, but that went away when the movies turned out to be very average and forgettable action flicks. There was nothing to hate anymore because the movies are nothing.

This is neo-Sup Forums. It's not about content or even trolling anymore, it's about how many (you)s he can get. Replies are upboats.

>It hasn't even come out yet kek.
Holy shit are you actually defending the Ghostbusters movie?

How bizzare.

Anyway, if you want to see an 8 minute version of the movie then watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=tx_KJnpjofk

Deadpool is nothing to remember by except for edgy jokes so why did that become so popular?

He's such a beast composer.

1:22 -When the piano notes hit just right
youtube.com/watch?v=z1Lpqv2mdlE&

Edgy jokes. That's why it's popular.

TR and RC were bland as fuck.

This is one of my favorite soundtracks of all time
youtube.com/watch?v=od_p_3sBjdk

>TR and RC were bland as fuck.
Because they tried to do something different and actually stand out as art pieces - something that the American market has no idea of.

>Getting this buttblasted
You guys are obsessed with this movie. Good job giving it so much press, the SJWs and normies will make sure this breaks 300 mil.

I forgot to mention: the ending of Total Recall leaves the viewer open to if he actually is still dreaming or if he isn't - it is never made clear what actually is real or not.

So to call the Total Recall remake to be bland is just not true at all.
youtube.com/watch?v=O0mApp-2Plo

I didn't mind Total Recall, it was kinda good. Robocop looks like ass and the premise is dumb.

It was more of a dontgivefuck train.

I actually looked forward to Robocop remake because I liked Tropa de Elite 1 and 2 so much. It was fine in it's mediocrity and utterly forgettable but not without some nice things.

The classical William's and Elfman soaring style of composition never really resonated with me. A lot of my taste is around rhythmic and heavy underscore cues.

Which is why I love a lot of Harry's work. It's kind of a mix of that contemporary style with a heavy rhythmic foundation.

Have you listened to the Prince of Persia OST?

youtube.com/watch?v=c6ICqwE6bU4&index=2&list=PLE4E153A86374F5BB

It's great stuff.

Also.. JOHN MOTHERFUCKING POWELL. That mans work on bourne series was masterful. It's mix of ethnic percussion, underscore and closed string ensemble is so good.

youtube.com/watch?v=iRZ_itT50l4 - Literally 8 minutes of pure kino.

You heard of Paul Haslinger? He has done some movies but also did the Far Cry Instincts soundtrack.

Has some really great rock like beats:
youtube.com/watch?v=EelxIH1nC0s

youtube.com/watch?v=JkCLtUUCoWM&list=PLA19A9963C96479CF&index=7

youtube.com/watch?v=wQ0ngWXd6i0&list=PLA19A9963C96479CF&index=8

i think it's the "if you don't plan on seeing this movie because it looks like shit you're sexist!" part is making a lot of people hate it even more.

>Apparently I watched the Total Recall remake and gave it 2 stars.

Literally forgettable.

Nobody really got upset about the black remakes of Annie, The Honeymooners and The Karate Kid. They just bombed on their own merits

I liked the Karate Kid remake. A shame the Jackie Chan fight scene was cut out though.
youtube.com/watch?v=7MixnqJIlvg

>Not liking the beautiful opening Iraq shot

Yeah I remember the original Far Cry, didn't know the composers name though.

Dead Ringer gave me Barra Barra flashbacks.

Criminals 2016, was an average movie, but Brian Tyler's minimal electronic cues I enjoyed.

youtube.com/watch?v=EdxrKZgu6ng

I can't wait to hear what John Powell does with the new Bourne Film next month.

ahh maybe u should just dld the Bourne Supremacy and Ultimatum soundtracks

>and still haven't seen either out of protest.
Yet you got all these retatds replying to your thread

Anyone like the Brian Tyler soundtrack for Now You See Me?

youtube.com/watch?v=-hpid6vjlMs

I didn't really follow Total Recall reboot, but I know everyone raged when they announced the Robocop reboot was going to be PG 13 instead or R

It didn't need all the violent gore anyhow. The original Robocop had it's place. It was a black comedy with a very self aware aspect. It made sure the gore and violence was over the top and slightly comedic. A bit like some of those old Nightmare On Elm Street sequels.

It was more of a social commentary of it's time.

holy shit same guy who did Children of Dune
youtube.com/watch?v=dZdj5NJj-Bk

Can someone post the webm of that chicken walker robot thing falling down the stairs?

I fucking kek so hard everytime I see that

I won't go see Total Recall because it looks stupid. I saw Robocop, and I regret sitting through that turd.

>Implying the 80's film is a masterpiece
youtube.com/watch?v=mRDl5_-wJ0Y

Why do machines whinge and cry?

jesus christ lmfao. i cant believe the sound production team thought this was a good idea.

Squeal piggy! SQUEAL!

also the way he looks like a little kid having a tantrum :D

robocop got a lot of shit on Sup Forums

total recall has biel and beckinsale scissoring so its ok

>I forgot to mention: the ending of Total Recall leaves the viewer open to if he actually is still dreaming or if he isn't - it is never made clear what actually is real or not.
What the fuck? No, the original was ambiguous. The remake was explicit as fuck. Tattoo nigger.

maybe ed-209 is a cyborg with an animal brain

>maybe ed-209 is a cyborg with an animal brain
nah I read they were all full machines

>The remake was explicit as fuck.
Did you even watch the extended version? Not it does't. It leaves the viewer confused.

>hating this cinematic masterpiece

That movie was good right up until Jessica Biel shows up. The second she appears and that car-chase starts the whole movie turns to utter shit.

It did give us the funniest fight scene of the past 10 years at least. Colin Farrell vs Bryan Cranston has to be the most hilariously mismatched fist-fight since Arnold vs Fat Freddy Mercury in Commando.