Do you guys ever stare at yourself in the mirror for long periods of time? I do

Do you guys ever stare at yourself in the mirror for long periods of time? I do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ODMUbe7J-I&t
healthyplace.com/blogs/treatinganxiety/2010/09/top-21-anxiety-grounding-techniques/
discord.gg/YwDV95k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yeah in disgust.

I do too
youtube.com/watch?v=5ODMUbe7J-I&t

That's a sign of mental illness

That alone means nothing.

Sometimes because I'm a goddamn sexy beast

I mean what isn't a sign of mental ilness?

I also like to rub honey on my genitals while singing Abba songs.

is that so weird?

you fuck

it means you're a tard so deal with it

Interestingly enough, you could do that and have no mental illness. It's weird, doesn't make you mentally ill.

I have a degree in psych and I work in the field, ask me whatever you want.

I'm actually a pretty intelligent guy.

I like to heat up needles with a lighter then poke them on my penis to make funny little marks on it hehehe

could I ask a serious question then?

the last couple of days I have been feeling really tired and like really slow in my brain.

Don't know why, usually I feel very sharp thought.

what could be the main reason for that?

Does depression correlate with autism and obsessive-compulsive disorder?

You're tired.

Could be a number of things, could be something that is out of my wheelhouse. My immediate guess would be something to do with a change in sleeping habits, diet, or drinking/drug use. Could just be a medical issue that has nothing to do with psychology.

People on the spectrum often have mental illness due to the struggles of living with it, OCD and depression are no exception.

but I sleep as much as I do in a normal night.

it feels like i've been smoking the whacky-tobacky without the good effects.

Thanks. I have all three.

That guy wasn't me, this is me

That sucks man I'm sorry.

Now that's probably a sign of mental illness, depending on if you're doing real physical damage to yourself.

I suffer from dysthymia,borderline and depersonalisation. Sometimes I can't feel myself and just feel numb. What are thoughts or actions that can help me to fight feelings of anxiety and insecurity?

Well first, do you see a therapist regularly?

Yep, especially after doing exercise.
I know I'm a skinny-ass, 9-stone, goblin-looking, 4/10 at best. Outdoors I'm a complete introvert, with zero self-esteem, and haven't even attempted to pursue a relationship with the munters on my level who've asked me out, because I believe they could do better and no girl should suffer me as a boyfriend. However, in front of a mirror at home, I'm a total narcissist.

Well I'm looking for one. I have been to a clinic one month ago for 6 weeks

I suggest one trained in cognitive behavioral therapy, actually in your case dialectical behavioral therapy. That's best for borderline. I don't have my masters yet and don't have the means to fully asses you, so it would probably do more harm than good. I can suggest that you exercise regularly and begin as little as you can as long as you can maintain it as a habit. Once you have made it a habit, keep increasing the frequency.

Just got out of prison after serving a 15 year long sentence for mayhem. These freaks there told me that I would suffer from "antisocial personality disorder". now that you are a psychologist: what is this?

Only after my shower, which comes after my workout. Close-up, I see that I already have gray hairs, am balding, and somehow STILL get acne.

It's the same thing as sociopathy. They claim that you will be cold, callous and heartless, incapable of feeling remorse for people.

I like you man. This is real good advice. Surprisingly I've been looking for a therapist who is trained in dialectical behavioral therapy because that's what my therapist at the clinic told me. Sadly I can't find one because they are all busy but I keep on trying. Do you know what works for depersonalisation?

>It's the same thing as sociopathy. They claim that you will be cold, callous and heartless, incapable of feeling remorse for people.
which is....bad? I don't feel sick at all. I actually think that people who experience emotions are the sickos. They suffer. I don't

Depersonalization is tough, but grounding techniques should help.

This is a good list.

healthyplace.com/blogs/treatinganxiety/2010/09/top-21-anxiety-grounding-techniques/

You're not supposed to feel sick necessarily, some people are mentally ill and not even aware of it.

If it gets in the way of you having a normal social life, getting an education or having a functional professional life or puts people at harm, it qualifies as a mental illness. The other qualifier is extended mental/emotional suffering which you don't have.

Meeting any of that criteria qualifies you as mentally ill.

Also thanks man.

Would you agree to the following quote: The eyes are the window of the soul?

discord.gg/YwDV95k JOIN

Yes in a big sense. Body language in a similar way, but eye movement and contact tends to have a stronger emotional message to people.

stop that OP, or you'll look like a drug ravaged Beach Boy

I've heard that sociopaths are very charming and charismatic. How do they do that? Also I've met one whose eyes where really special. On the one hand there was no emotion in them, but on the other hand they felt so alive

Not all of them are charming or charismatic, some of them are very unlikable.

There is a phenomenon though of very intelligent people who are sociopaths. I believe their charm comes from their fearlessness and lack of caring for others, combined with their ability to coldly analyze people and morph into what works. I grew up with a sociopath as a best friend, he was very bright and very charming. He knew what made people tick.

Nah if I want to waste time I'll play videogames

Narcissus pls

Do you think it is possible for a non-sociopath to be as charming and confident as one? What celebs are sociopaths in your opinion?

Of course a non-sociopath can be charming. Just takes a lot of practice of social skills.

Celebrities aren't necessarily the best place to look. Politicians though... that attracts that type of personality. Not all of them are, but there are absolutely a disproportionate amount of sociopaths in politics.

That's the joke

Got tips on how to be charming? Sociopaths fascinate me. To me they are really godlike which i think isn't that healthy

The only reason sociopaths have a reputation of being charming is because they have to learn to be affable because otherwise people would find them repulsive.

Basically lie a lot and don't be around for the fallout

Hey thanks for all man. I'm leaving now, have a nice day!

The thing about social skills is that there really is almost no value to just pieces of advice, you just need practice and experience. If you want to learn to be charming, you need to talk to as many people as possible as often as possible.

The suggestions I can give are that communication is a huge amount about tone and body language, keep things lighthearted maybe playful but also that depends on your audience, know your audience by learning how different groups think/react differently, also confidence. Vulnerability is the anti-thesis of charm.

This thread is getting weird.

its a sign of getting old.

If I do it for too long I start to fall into a nauseating existential pit of despair

Stop smoking weed.