FF fags halp ... want to play... need a good story... which one is best in your opinion?

FF fags halp ... want to play... need a good story... which one is best in your opinion?

VIII

Played I, II, IV, VIII, X & X-2
Best story is VIII imo

i was tossing up between 7, 8, and 13?

ahk thanks anons, seems like 8 it is!

Play FF Record Keeper

I like X the best, but I may be the minority.

I have played all since 7 and my favorite one is 9

VI/III was always my favorite

ff

FF IV was always my favorite

Wrong.

Its clearly Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Tactics A2 Grimoire of rift.

my nigga.

quistis is my hot bitch maaaaan. i fuck her assss

Good story, but not as "apocalyptic" as some others.

I refuse to be triggered by this... but i swear to god i hope you get drawn and quartered

Honestly, FF9 hands down. Best art style, best story and best freaking soundtrack of them all.

IX is the best newer one, VI and IV are the best classics.

Art is debatable but it was good in story and music

triggered

chrono trigger

LOL so you pick the only ff where the story is so convoluted it makes no sense

this.

Also, check out the squall is dead theory. I don't like it, but it fits.

/thread

anything before enix.

Story - VII
Gameplay Mechanics and general feel - VIII
Autism - V (Job System etc)

All Round - IV or VI

Crisis Core

Prove me wrong, faggot

ff9 faggots.

XII

best characters, waifus/husbandos, music and story
gameplay is great and there is a shit ton of stuff to do
only a nigger faggot would disagree

FF Tactics: War of the Lions

Pro:
Had great music
Wonderful story line
Was 10/10

Con:
Tactics game play so you dont get the normal FF type of play

FFVI

best game play (characters are not carbon copies, but are still diverse and there are actual battle tactics involved.

best story (broad, diverse and fascinating and every character fleshed out, interesting and not annoying)

best music - FF6's music is uematsu's best. 7 comes close, but FF6 takes the cake.

FF9 if don't want to spend countless hours on grinding or 12 if you like exploration and hunting creatures

I wanted to start it a month ago, but started modding Skyrim.

Played 6,7,10,12,13. When i was younger i watched my older brother played 9, so i know a portion of that game.
I think 6, 10, and 12 have the best stories

op here, seems like i'll be playing 6,7,8 lol

Chrono Trigger.

Seriously, dude. I don't even really like FF and I think that this game is one of the best games ever made.

FFT, best characters, best story, best music, best game play

Ff 10 was the only one to make me cry at the ending, that being said I would still rather play through 9 just for the music. 7 and 8 were good too but the graphics make it less.. in depth? Just my opinion.

Just play 7 m8, there is a reason it is beloved by most

Why do you even bother choosing
Play I, II, skip the III, then IV and so on

FFXII and Tactics: War of the Lions.
X and VII would be the next choices.

This.

because i can't play them allll ..... i feel torn :(

Absoultely this. Always been my favourite and always just felt perfect. This game embodies a great storyline, character, graphics (at the time) music, and balanced gameplay. Just. Awesome.

VIII is great as well, VII too. X pretty damned good, XII Good but summed up with 'wtf am I doing forever who the fuck is this in my party and why does this have anything to do with the storyline, then -WHERE IS THE TREASURE- x1,000 hours. XIII Just.. No...

play 8 man. its best!! dont forget to know beforehand where to get guardian force!!

:v

Add 9 to that list. It's also very good, the story is a little more 'silly' than the others but the characters are a lot more likeable and interesting.

I wouldn't recommend 8 for story. It's brilliant up until the end of disc 1 and then it just gets fucking retarded. I won't spoil it (In case you somehow don't already know what happens) but a key plot device is amnesia. Seriously.

X is great X-2 is terrible though, I thought XII was a bit underrated

Lots of stuff to do.
Farming.
Shitty as fuck hours into getting the best weaponry. Teleport EVERYWHERE because the map makes no sense and plays no part in the game.

This. Such a well-balanced game. Plus airships.

Shit whiny bitch characters
"Bwaaa I wanna go home, so i can suck my daddy's cock" - Marche
"Bwaaa I wanna stay so i can suck monster cocks, and not have white hair irl." - Ritz
"Bwaa I wanna stay in this fantasy world so I can suck monster cocks too." Mewt

Garbage story

Music i cant give shit on bad or good cuz gba and it isnt gunna have a good score

As i suddenly remember how i bought the and played it all becuase i bought it and remembering how much i hated myself for playing the whole thing hoping it would eventually get better

my bro xii best, wakka being my fav character with the worst weapon in game
i thought xiii was k, story is shit but ALLL THE THINGS TO DO HOLY FUCK

I feel as if you're mid 20's and had the same experience playing as me..

VII is the by far my personal favorite and the favorite of quite a few others. VIII is also extremely great and made by most of the same team. VI is incredible but might be too dated if you are new to the franchise. With that in mind, the HD remaster of X would be an excellent place to start, since it is also one of the best and way better than anything that came after it.

nigga wakka was from 10 and he's great

The sign of any good plot line is a bump to the head dont you remeber watching that really funny episode of Mama House

OP I'd hold off on playing 7 for now. It looks like total ass and if you're going to be playing the PC version you're getting the shitty soundtrack.

Better to just wait for the remaster at this point.

FF VII or FFVIII. FFIX was good but it felt... kid ish after XIII.

Anything after 9 is utter shit.

>wakka being my fav character

white supremacist detected

I think you had be around during the time of CT to truly appreciate it. Before every game had multiple ending etc etc. I think it gets looked over (mostly due to age). Current day gamers don't deserve it.

That's your own damn fault for wanting to be too OP
You can get along just fine on most hunts with shit you come by
If you're a completionist and you gotta be ready to sink them hours into it ffs

Nah fuck that the "remaster" is going to be Enix shit that only newfag s will enjoy. Anyone who likes FF is going to buy and play it and hate life with a deep deep passion.

Op play the original the graphics aunt 2016 but the story is amaxing. And than play the "remake"

Ff9 was the best imo, then 7 then 12

>night swordan
>crush punchan
>dat gold armor

Wiegraf life is the only life for me.

That one is my favorite.

You're probably right, but I want to believe.

I have decent hopes for it being good though because there's no way they'd shit on their poster child. They've had years to get this right, all they have to do is stick to the original story and not fuck with the characters.

But then I remember it's going to be episodic and I start to worry that it's just a cash grab.

WHATEVER YOU DECIDE ANONS. DO NOT PLAY THE FF6 REMASTER. PLAY ON EMULATOR.

What's so good about Chrono Trigger?

Maybe. The worst part is, to this day, every now and then I try to get into FF, but I just can't.

I've tried VI, VII, IX... They all seem boring and unnecesarily complex.

If I had to guess, I think I like CT because the plot is WAY more straightforward. Not to mention the artwork, and the "Active" battle system.

>fucking Thunder God Cid
>rape all the baddies

>final fantasy
>good story
Pick one.

I like V for the job system, though I may be a minority. IV and VI are awesome all-round.

it's a long list.

FF XV

ff7: best game play, second best story.
ff8: second best game play, best story. And Rinoa. I have always been, and will forever be in love.

Then get writing.

This one got it right

horrible bait is horrible

get on my level

I pretty much stopped after 6. I played 12 to end game but never finished. I want to play 10 but the steam version isn't worth.

FF6

Kefka Ate Hitlers Baby

Play 15, the rest are out dated and hard to get into unless youre used to jrpg's, play them later when youve experienced the universe in 15, nothing worse than ff7 faggots who refuse to change

Didn't Kefka turn into a god?

character conversations were more varied as opposed to ff games at the time. conversations would change depending on who you had in your party at certain events. the active battle system + double/triple techs. Akira toriyama art work. a very lively rich world full of surprises (monsters don't always act like monsters).

Not the guy who you were replying but here goes my take:

I like Chrono Trigger because it's different from any FF game I've ever played.
Chrono Trigger's plot is, at the same time, very straightforward and very complex: There's a evil dude that's gonna destroy the world in the future and you have to stop him, but in order to do that you travel back in time to different eras to change things in the past which will change the course of the future.

It feels like a journey, like playing your very first RPG once again, you get that feeling that you're steadily leaving your comfort zone and entering various worlds with similar elements. (Unlike most FF games that expect you to be familiar with the whole fucking FF vernacular).

The Active battle system provides more realistic combat scenes: It's still turn-based, but if you wait too long, the enemy will attack anyway. So you better think and attack quick before they kill you.

The characters are very captivating, each one of them has their own backstory, and they're not as cliche as they might seem once you get to known them.

I could go on, but I'm not very good at this. Just wanted to get something off my chest.

Kefka became the god of the whole world, destroyed the world for keks, than used a giant laser to fry anyone left alive when he was bored. In the end he just gives upon life due to being bored of it all

>oh look, this old man looks interesting
>oh cool he's got swordskills
>solo the rest of the game

Cid makes me wet.

Hmm. A remake of it would be good.

The music was outstanding on FFTA 1, (Boss (Incarnation), Queen Remedi theme)
One of the best themes in all Final Fantasy games imo. (Along with FFX Boss theme, and several other FF8 theme's)

Although the story isn't necessarily good, it has great replayability.
I don't think the story is the main focus anyway, especially on FFTA2. Its the game, the playstyle and the mechanics itself which makes the game so good.

FFTA2 has implemented nice additional stuff into the game, such as the bazaar, auction house's and new classes and races. Also the recruitment system has improved, where you can pretty much choose the class that you want as your next recruit.
FFTA2 also has a hard-mode now, which gets really tough, even more if you dont use any items, like i do. Its a great game overall, really.

Sure, based on story, the FFT series aren't even getting close to e.g FF7. But its a fantastic game regardless, TA1 and TA2.
But its a "strategy" game on a handheld, it obviously cant compare to a rpg on PSX which had like 4 disks.

this and more.. I'm on mobile so my typing is all fucked up.

I liked Crisis Core a lot.

if they did I would very much like them to copy ni no kuni in terms of format. which are practically the same ha.

I don't even know if I want a remake. I want that shit pure in my mind.

Seriously, man. I'm gonna say once again this is coming from a non-FF-fan who was very skeptical about Chrono Trigger: Give it a try. You won't regret it. It's gonna be a fucking journey and you're gonna love it like the bitch you are.

It's not on PS4 :/

Plus the soundtrack

VII is the best for sure story wise, the rest are just mediocre RPGs^^

Yeah...That sucks. You got no PC?

Hard to go wrong with any of the SNES games, except Mystic Quest.

On steam?

A definite masterpiece. Enjoyed playing it numerous times.

ha