ALERT: REDDIT CAN NO LONGER LEGALLY BE PROTECTED UNDER SECTION 230 OF COMMUNICATIONS DECENCY ACT

ALERT: REDDIT CAN NO LONGER LEGALLY BE PROTECTED UNDER SECTION 230 OF COMMUNICATIONS DECENCY ACT.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5ekdy9/slug/dad5sf1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fake and gay

good. reddit needs to die.

moot's going to prison then

As much as i hate to admit it, im a reddit user and i can confirm this is true

reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5ekdy9/slug/dad5sf1

Because of this twat we may be fucked

>This
Newfags don't realize Sup Forums edits posts? Sites are legally responsible that is why there is always a "don't use this for illegal shit" in the tos.

> editing posts vs word filters

explain exactly what happened so that a dumbass like me can follow it

/r/The_Donald is circlejerk that tries to be like pol. They're probably get trashed and we'll have more "I'm a refugee from reddit" threads.

That's all beside the point, he might get a punishment from reddit admins or the_donald mods but nothing will happen.

numnutz spez thought it would be a good idea to edit a couple of posts that insulted him.

However, people noticed and then he admitted it.

To top it all off, someone leaked the admin-chat

>users from the_donald tag u/spez with rude messages
>spez gets mad and edits all posts (but edited in a way that shows NO trace) then admits he did it
> shit hits fan as people realise admins have the power to do this and people have had suspicions of top posts/high up voted posts being edited etc
> users can no longer be legally responsible for what they have posted since Reddit staff have admitted to modifying posts

The infographic on the start of the thread can be applied to this site, the CEO of reddit u/spez has admitted to editing comments meaning reddit (the site) can be held responsible for anything illegal posted instead of the users

Who knows how many comments have been edited?

If a lawsuit is filed an investigation into Sup Forums may also take place and due to the anonymity we cant prove if mods have edited or not so the entire site COULD be held accountable for anything illegal

Ohshitnigger.mp4

*fucking rip*

as a followup to this user's post:

technically, this enables people to start posting cheese pizza, which will pretty much number reddit's days

Staff is responsible/sites are only responsible for edits they made, users are are responsible for their posts/edits. It's common sense retard, he didn't devoid users of all responsibility by editing a post.

>Fuck I messed that up
Mode fix this please

Shut up you fucking retard
Since the admins actively involved themselves directly in user submitted content, reddit is now liable for all breaches of the DMCA regarding the unauthorized posting of copyrighted content.
All copyright holders and content creators should immediately file a class action lawsuit against reddit for deliberately allowing, and now endorsing through site-admin action or inaction, the illegal distribution of copyrighted content. Including all content in comments.
Reddit is now hosting copyrighted content at the will and sole discretion of the site owners and admins.
Reddit is now more guilty than Napster or TPB of copyright infringement.

If someone posts something, that site can't be held responsible.

But because someone EMPLOYED by the site CHANGED the content the website is responsible as the original poster can say, "thats not my content:

thank you all for that. i didn't understand what was so significant about it. that's absolutely terrifying

OK go post cp and tell me how it goes

Ok what kind?

whats reddit?

hahahahahaha

that pretty much means stonetear is fucked :^)

a cancerous place

They will delete/edit the post and ban the user, nothing changed as they have always moderated.

...This is why we have to have lawyers, not because the law is complicated, but because people are so stupid....