What underground music genre is the Krautrock of today?

Im looking for exciting new genres of music that is little heard but will be hugely influential in the future.

bump

this is my fav album, what's the modern day equivalent?

it's 2017. there aren't any. pop music has been pushed to its boundaries in nearly every way. there's not much left to develop.

I would say post-rock but I feel like that has pretty much officially passed its prime. I honestly don't know. I believe whatever is going to be the next Krautrock has yet to come.

>I would say post-rock but I feel like that has pretty much officially passed its prime.
It has. Since about 10 years ago.

Faust for example was post-rock by definition anyway.

everything influential will be from electronic music.
i'd point you towards the post-club direction but doubt a krautrock fag will be open minded to that stuff

Young Thug, Future, etc.

>It has. Since about 10 years ago.
Yeah, I guess I've just been waiting for someone to prove me wrong. The latest records from Explosions, Swans, Sigur Ros, and Godspeed were their last chance and they have not done that.

All those bands ended up being the death rattle of post-rock themselves. They made people think post-rock was about string sections and crescendos. So then all these other unimaginative bands tried to follow suit, and what you ended up with was post-rock being boxed in to one sound. Which was the exact opposite point of post-rock.

This might sound like a meme but I think industrial inspired hip-hop in the vein of Death Grips could be big. Slower genres like vaporwave or cloud rap had potential but are now largely dead. Big new trend with soundcloud shitters is "lo-fi" which is just making it sound like you recorded in your garage. Ultimately it seems like some new form of technology or instrument would have to be released for innovation. Times like the 1970s were great because of early electronics and tape experimentation, as well as a burgeoning scene of psychedelic drugs. Some form of outsider music could make big waves. The total proliferation of music today has certainly repressed attempts at experimentation. Noise has some potential to go more mainstream, at least noise influenced genres, not harsh noise itself. I guess what I'm saying is that there is no clear answer, it would depend on your point of view and level of willingness to trudge through mountains of shit.

>kraut fags would not be interested in electronic music
>berlin school

hmm

I don't get krautroc. how do I?

Around the 90s, the CD became the predominant format of music. Because they were easier to produce than vinyls and cassettes, there was an incredible boom in music being released. The problem was that this was mostly record labels abusing the ease of production by trying to sell a shit ton of music without regards to quality. I think the lack of more boundary pushing music is a result of this era, which the music industry is still recovering from. For similar reasons, popular music was born in early 20th century as a result of physical music formats becoming easily available and easy to capitalise, but was abused and wouldn't stretch from its boundaries until the mid 60s. The current situation is likely history repeating itself. For that reason, I agree with in that the next important breakthrough is yet to come.

James Blake - CMYK
Nicolás Jaar - Sirens

give me some names im interested in hearing some post-club music

obviously neuro, including both neurohop and neurofunk and anything more experimental than that. you giant german faggot

We are entering an era where most music is revivalism rather than experimentation. When rock was new (60s and 70s) most of the music that was coming out was exploring new territory in one way or another, so that's what got popular. Nowadays, it's easier to sell music that people are already familiar with. That's why Bruno Mars gets away with blatantly ripping off 80s artists. The internet has made it super easy to release music, so theoretically music should be evolving really quickly. I guess this desire for revivalism has slowed us down

Not in the electronic scene dumb cunt. Better get familiar with beepy boops and wobwobs if you want to hear new things

There's still tons of psych bands around inspired by Krautrock.

Why does everything need to be new? There's hundreds of incredible Krautrock albums in the 70's that you've no one's heard of because they only want something modern.

i don't think OP is looking for krautrock

i think he is looking for something that ripped up the rulebooks the way krautrock did

something that 45 years in the future will be seen as groundbreaking and laying the foundation for tons of new shit (a la )

Probably the entire experimental electronic scene

Autechre
Arca
Dean Blunt
OPN
Tim Hecker
Prurient
Scott Walker's recent records
Ben Frost
Roly Porter
Haxan Cloak
Emptyset

the list does actually go on

Art was pushed to its logical conclusion by the time the 90s hit. There is no more room for growth. There has not been a single modern movement or genre that wasn't just an established thing but with an ironic internet themed twist.

Vaporwave.

If you want "new and groundbreaking", the only place you're gonna find that is in experimental hip-hop and experimental house/techno. Rock, jazz and classical are concluded genres.

yeah you are right thats what i want. I dont want krautrock i want current underground music that is innovative

this actually might be true. im kinda ok with that, there's some good music coming out of it

chiptune

kanye west is changing the music scene as a whole, everything he has ever done is so out there that people will only start realizing how important his music was in a few decades time.

you're a moron.