-Playing by ear
-Learn a new exotic scale

Muscle Memory:
-Scale patterns
-Note pattern exercises

Finger Stretching:
-Stretch Riffs
-Stretch Chords
-Picking a hard chord and moving it fret by fret (from the 12th to the 1st)

Fingerstyle:
-Learning to use your right hand fingers
-“Harp style” – thumb on bass strings, index on G, middle on B, ring on E
-Alternating bass with the thumb
-Hybrid picking: pick and your fingers

Chords:
-Learning new chords, always learn at least one with root on E string, one with root on A string, one with root on D string
-Learning the same chords in different positions
-Chord inversions
-Switching back and forth between chords
-Making up your own chord progressions by using chord harmonization rules
-Making up your own chord progressions that break established “rules”

Timing:
-Using a metronome

Lead Playing:
-Phrasing
-Playing over one chord
-Playing over chord changes: backing tracks
-Learning new techniques
-Singing the notes while you play them

Improv Practice:
-Memorization, playing the same improvised notes the same way
-Playing through chord charts you have never seen before

Rhythm Playing:
-Playing different rhythms over a metronome/drum-track
-Adding bass lines to your chord changes

Playing Songs:
-Learn the songs you love!
-Transposing the song into different keys (without capo)
-Playing and singing at the same time

Learning from the Licks of others:(horrible title)
-Millions of licks online through tab, youtube, etc…

Uncategorized:
-Playing your guitar by distance and feel (without looking at it)
Without the Guitar:
-Triad note memorization
-Scales on paper
-Learning about music theory

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3beS4WGJWaA&t=1m53s
youtube.com/watch?v=dvA5kP5Hrvg&t=1m10s
guitarcenter.com/ESP/LTD-B-155DX-5-String-Bass-Guitar-See-Thru-Blue-1273887999116.gc?pfm=item_page.rr3
electricalguitarcompany.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=QIrV9t7XAZY
seymourduncan.com/pickup/blackouts-bass-preamp-2band-separate
chordbook.com/guitar-chords/
stringtensionpro.com/
musictheory.net/lessons
mediafire.com/file/sayviwqxfcxfjon/
mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd
mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav
dropbox.com/s/ii5fpvt3k2hab6j/warmup.pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how do I do one handed sweeping like this guy does in these videos ?
youtube.com/watch?v=3beS4WGJWaA&t=1m53s
youtube.com/watch?v=dvA5kP5Hrvg&t=1m10s

It's not one handed, he's holding the pick between his thumb and middle finger and picking that way.

Do any of you losers even play guitar?

95% of them don't they just like arguing about stupid crap like what country their piece of wood was assembled in

Of course not

>implying I don't
Do you?

why Fender is becoming so Jewish?

>becoming

Fender and Gibson have been master rabbis since the beginning of time

>he still plays guitar
JUST

I can't even play a C chord. But check out my pedal board.

i do but i suck

Is yamaha better at low end guitars?

define "better"
all guitars are just pieces of wood, you'll sound equally as shit on all of them

they have a lot of good guitars in the $500 to $700 range

Upgrades thus far:
>Gibson Grover tuners
>EMG81 with whole new wiring and pots

Sounds amazing. Better than any of the piece of shit $500-$1000 guitars I own. Daily reminder that guitars are pieces of wood and you're a retard if you think ANYTHING other than good hardware and electronics is contributing to the sound of your instrument.

>(((Steinberg)))
No one wants to hear a program play guitar, maybe other music but not guitar.

This is the first reminder that I've seen, so I wouldn't call it daily. But I've got $300 guitars of sycamore, and $3500 guitars of mohoghany. They mostly sound like me when I play them. Point I'm making, is that hardware and electronics only slightly color a guitar's sound. Personal approach and technique primarily define a guitar's sound.

can we stop the constant epiphone shilling in every thread from the one guy

The same guitars sound completely different (i.e., way better) when they're in the hands of friends.

cancer

I don't know what this is, but I want to know what this is. So please tell me what this is.

There's nothing wrong with Epiphone. He just wants you to get good value for your money

STOP SHIFTING THE GOAL POSTS

What type of pick ups are in this bass? Soap bar? Also, is there a way to adapter other types of pick ups to work in this bass such as J Bass pick ups or Music Man pickups?

guitarcenter.com/ESP/LTD-B-155DX-5-String-Bass-Guitar-See-Thru-Blue-1273887999116.gc?pfm=item_page.rr3

electricalguitarcompany.com/

Are Ernie Ball guitars actually good? I just saw one a guitar center for $2000 today

Where do you get a guitar like this? Do they come in see through blue?

>Steve Albini of Shellac, Rapeman, Electrical Audio and Steve Albini (Pensacola News Journal, 3/6/11)

I think they forgot a band

>electricalguitarcompany.com/
Thank you, on it...

Dubs acknowledged. Also, Epiphones are hit and miss, which is better than a lot of guitars in that price range that are just a guaranteed miss.

How do you guys feel about this theoretical signal chain for rehearsal using a laptop as DSP along with a real amp? I tried using amp emulation (Guitar Rig 5) straight to the Return on the amp but it introduces too much noise.

Guitar > Compressor > DI Box > USB IN 1 > FX (Volume, Wah, OD) > USB OUT 1 > Amp IN

AMP Send > USB IN 2 > FX (Chorus, Phaser, Delay) > USB OUT 2 > Amp RETURN

I can't afford a good FX processor so this is the next best thing.

serious guitar coming through

that's not pretentious at all

I made that guitar for you

No he's not

Needs more rivets.

Anyone?

Those are screws you fuck.

Go to bed

>they don't know what zemaitis is

fuck what pleb hours is this

cock and balls

Nah. I'm up. Thx for advice, notmywife.

It's 1am shouldn't you be in bed?

stop shifting the goal posts

ey bby u can shift my post

Then practice more!

Ok. This kinda practice would take a day or so, and from the thread i assume this is mostly trolls. I thought this might be constructive, but its worse than guitar center, its worse than pretentious local music cliques. You guys suck!

You should honestly be practicing at least 8 hours a day. I think all of that is able to be done in that timeframe

I agree with everything you said, but I''m still here. I want to help other burgeoning musicians as best possible. The best way to forward constructiveness is to be constructive yourself. What do you have to offer?

Yes that would be great, but practicing 8 hours a day would mean i have no job and life shit to take care of. I get a couple hours or more depending on whats goin on and about 6-8 on saturday/sunday, also depending whats going on. Just going over the songs ive written could take 2 hours depending on my attitude let alone practice and cover songs rhythm/lead/singing. I dont doubt, i know 99% of you dont do half OP's list, let alone take time to learn music theory. Go troll some more faggot. Youre not impressive and i dont intend on coming back to this thread... atleast /ic/ tries. You guys are fucking losers! Fuck you!

youtube.com/watch?v=QIrV9t7XAZY

why am i watching these

seymourduncan.com/pickup/blackouts-bass-preamp-2band-separate

I am gonna get a bass with this nigga. The pickups are passive, but can I just totally shut the active EQ off if I do not want to use it?

>learn music theory

all you need to know is scale shapes, 5ths, relative keys and the names of the notes on the bottom two lowest strings and thats all the theory you need to be a guitar hero

also the martin definitely sounds better right

Have fun, dude

You should leave this place and find like minded people in youre town/city. This place will not help you. Theres enough asshole musicians irl, this is just self hatred. Go to a community college take some music classes. There is always people offering lessons, YouTube is a thing. Playing with other musicians is a large part of learning the eb and flow of live music. Most people have very differing knowledge about the instrument/s they play. Playing by yourself will hurt you in the long run. Being humiliated or getting over stage fright are huge parts of playing music. Building confidence is half the battle!

>b-but I do not have time,mhhhhhh,you are bad as I am,mhhhhhh,stop helping people to know what to do to play beter,REEEEEEE
haha thanks wagecuck

I've got all that and 2 very young daughters to boot. You figure it out as you go. No, I don't have 8 hrs a day to practice so i try to do more with the 30 minutes on the weekend that I've got. If you take a "practice 8 hrs a day" guy seriously, you're doing yourself a disservice. Spend the time you have and enjoy doing it.

Right... you do you!

That's how I usually play arpeggios. It's pretty much just legato playing but in arpeggio shapes. Like a hammer-on without any picked note behind it. As long as you have some gain and low action it's a lot easier than actual sweeping. The one downside being it's hard as fuck to play any arpeggios with consecutive notes on the same fret

I literally just gave you the cheat sheet to guitar playing. Not my fault if you're too fucking dumb to understand it.

This is what im talking about. There are enough haters in real life, let alone dealing with fucking dipshits like you online. Im no perfect musician, but why stay here... i seriously dont understand this?!?!?!

I know, been here since 2004...for better or worse. But thanks for understanding. I've played with live bands, taught classes, etc. I have a passion for music and for young people playing music, because playing music rescued me and turned me away from a lot of bad life experiences. Like minded people don't need to be encouraged, I wouldn't think.

I like the list. Not saying that. This whole tgread just seems like a fucking troll with small parts of actual knowledge being passes around. I have my own practice list. Ill leave you guys to wallow on Sup Forums....

Woahh, someone posts a list for practicing and you want to shit on them. Other people defend OP and you call them haters. Okay, it is okay to be triggered but just do not act like a Muslim and call the whole environment problematic while you are the only one here feeling so frustrating and insecure.

I didnt shit on op you obvious illiterate piece of shit. I was talking about the thread in general. And the trolls who dont make things easier. My point is... there is enough trolls/asshole in real life music scenes. Why choose to stay in a place like this.

lol nice shit I hope you finished your college education :D

Really? my action is pretty low and I can sweep alright but when I try to do it cleanly without a pick it just sounds like shit. What should I do ?

>there is enough trolls/asshole in real life music scenes. Why choose to stay in a place like this.
Yeah, i don't get it either but I guess these guys enjoy the small reward they get for pissing people off

Someone? I just want to get a 5-string bass. I already play guitar and I love hot rodding guitars so it will give me something new to learn as well as something to hot rod.

>ywn have a qt gf who teaches you how to play guitar

I can normally understand the huge pedalboards if you've got the funds. But that one is pretty gross.

whats youre biggest obstacle keeping you from giting gud /gg/

Time. Family. Don't know if you're looking for a real answer or a cute one, but that's my real answer. Played for 18 years, and my girls take 98% of my free time. I'd rather teach them drum then play drums myself, etc.

Practice slowly with a metronome making sure each note rings out clearly. It might take a bit more finger pressure than you're used to to get a clear note, but at the same time you don't need a huge amount of force. And muting is really important. Many of the dudes who use this technique a lot use fret wraps to make it easier, but it's not necessary if you learn to mute properly. On the way up I follow the strings with the heel of my right palm. On the way down my left hand is doing most of the muting - a bit of the flesh behind the tip of the fingers touches the previous string just enough to mute it while it frets the next note.

Tome obviously. That's everyones downfall

yes, but buying one new at that price is kind've weird, because the used guitars you can buy for $2k is fucking nuts

i would look for one of their cheaper models, or find a used one

>How long have you been playing?
>Favorite guitars?
>Favorite guitarists?
>Projects?
>Talk about and play music
>General guitar and bass discussion

How do I start learning guitar?
>justinguitar.com

Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitar-chords/

String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/

Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons

Hal Leonard's Bass Method:
>mediafire.com/file/sayviwqxfcxfjon/

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf

Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
>mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Old thread

Lacking discipline is the real obstacle, time is just a scapegoat

Thanks for that. Hopefully a non-shitposter starts the next thread

Yeah I hope so too. I'm about ready to leave for good to be honest and leave /gg/ to the new post spammer.

Any recommendations for an electric in the $300-$500 range?

Not to be critical, but would either of you consider posting as the OP for this thread? Let's be constructive, not critical...

>would either of you consider posting as the OP for this thread?

What did he mean by this?

I come here to shoot the shit sometimes not antagonize everyone like some pathetic NEET shitposter with no life and nothing better to do.

What I mean is, would you consider posting the boilerplate op sfuff, or would you post the protected stuff? Are you a contributor or are you a troll?

>boilerplate
>protected stuff
What did he mean by this?

But no, that's not a suitable OP. At best it's suggestions for things to learn or practice, not actual information or useful things. Though it would be fine if someone put it in a document to include in the OP

>spend an hour making .tg file of warmup exercises
>print to pdf
>can't upload it anywhere, including /tg/ where pdfs should work
REEEE

>warmup exercises

just stretch crack your knuckles and run through a scale shape a few times its not some elaborate thing

Have you ever tried a longer warmup routine? Maybe my fingers just aren't very nimble yet but I've noticed definite improvements in my playing when I run through a ~ 5-10 minute routine (and rest my forearm a little after all those ring/pinky exercises). Plus the routine I came up with is designed to fuck with your head a little bit, break up your usual picking patterns etc.

kek I thought romans shitposting was saddest thing ever until this new roman glib facsimile came along with aspirations to be roman
turns out the /gg/ barrel has no bottom

Well, here's a dropbox link to the pdf.
Most of these are chromatic exercises, mostly because that's a nice excuse to have exercises for the ring finger and pinky because i neglected those in the past and so do many people. Especially the hammer-on/pull-off thing will be annoying (try to make the notes clearly distinguishable!).
A few exercises are more for the right hand, one to break up the usual picking patterns (DUD/UDU on each string, all upstrokes on triplets). The last 2 are rhythm exercises to aid in changing between "straight" 8ths/16ths and triplets.
dropbox.com/s/ii5fpvt3k2hab6j/warmup.pdf?dl=0