Is shoegaze just post modern emo?

After listening to mac demarco and my bloody valentine for the first tim, it made me thing as a small fan of emo music such as weezer and American football, is shoegaze modern emo?!?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GQ644eArdPc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

emo was just knuckledragging, primitive shoegaze

not really, i found it as a very soothing calm but sad music

true, and I'd bet Mike Fellows would tell you the same

So is their any other really good shoegaze bands like this, cause i have a very long life of coping with bad times coming ahead and need some sound to clear me a way into some sorta happiness, this music sounds very chill.

Airiel, Whirr, Kairon IRSE, Slowdive (of course)...

not exactly shoegaze but check out Cocteau Twins

Nothing. Check out their split with Whirr.

>Mac DeMarco
>shoegaze
>is shoegaze modern emo
>nearly 30 year old genre
>modern
I fucking hate this board. I don't know what's worse. The fact that OP is a retard, or the fact that nobody else in this thread noticed.

It's you, you are the problem

This guy gets it

LOL op you are retarded

oh great. another faggot that doesnt know what postmodernism is flinging the term around anyway

no, those who really are influenced by the "emo" genre is something else, those are the "lo-fi" singer song writer fags, and other more straight emo acts. Shoegaze is like, the lost children of kurt cobain, my friend who will remain anonymous but is a semi-famous internet musician and has always been majorly influenced by emo doesnt really like shoegaze or give a fuck about any of that, mean while I think his taste is kinda shit and I do really like shoegaze. He also doesnt like Nirvana pretty much AT ALL. I dont know, I been drinking, so I probably am not making any good points at all.anyway no, its not modern emo. I would've thought its more like modern acid rock.

and to further my point, yeah, how could it be modern emo when most people dont even think of true shoegaze existing past the mid 90'sand everything else being highly derivititve of that era if it is trying to be true "shoegaze" otherwise it's just a shoegaze inspired sound, but not true shoegaze, i.e No Joy or History of Apple Pie or Comet Control, but stuff like Cheathas, thats just Bloody Valentine jerk off music, so theres no way shoegaze could be "modern emo" since emo was evolving and defining itself at the same exact TIME as shoegaze, and of course had an even bigger peak in the 2000's. I dunno man, no, i dont think its modern emo.

Im this guy and I just now read OP's actual post, I had just read the threat title up til now. OP is obviously a fucking faggot newb, got im so angry i even spent so much time answering his question now.

I like you

im glad i entertain you

hey want my email?

shut your bitchass up

^

youtube.com/watch?v=GQ644eArdPc

>fat shoegazers

lets see how in shape you are at 50

this

also shoegaze around before emo. mbv and others been around since 80's, the sound has been made since the 70's (see Here Come the Warm Jets by Brian Eno)

No, stop posting this stupid fucking thread

to compare shoegaze to emo just goes to show the primitiveness of the rockist mindset. more influenced by ambient and experimental electronix than the smiths. I guess that album isn't a rock album 2 me . I think emo is like punk but without the fun

also how everyone is garbage on the guitar nowadays ?

not a real genre

malcolm mclaren

This is the all time worst thread idea. I truly hope this is b8. For both our sakes. I screen grabbed it just in case.

Have you heard of Big Sean? :^)