Season 1 was the best, went gradually downhill afterwards

Discuss.

You're right, there's nothing to discuss.

this

this

4 was best

this

>gradually

Season 1 was the worst.

this

Season 6 was the best. Battles and lore>character discussions. Replaced Breaking Bad as #1 show ever.

this

>watch season 1 a few months after it's done airing after everyone flipping shit about show
>like it
>read book 2 on
>show hasn't been up to scruff with book yet

I just want GRRM to release the next one already

Feminism is good, but no political agenda, liberal or reactionary should be allowed to hijack a piece of art/entertainment, unless the piece of art/entertainment was originally conceived with a political agenda. As far as I know neither GRRM's books nor the TV show, were initially conceived in this way.

so you skipped book 1? fucking retard

Wasn't really gradual. It was good until the second half of the 5th season. After that it went to shit, and especially after Stannis died.

Not even mentioning S6, which is nothing more than official fan fiction.

Where does season 6 fit into this, now that it's pretty much over?

I think that season 5 is easily the worst for obvious reasons. It was also when the show truly became 100% self aware and moved on from pandering for the sake of fan-service to pandering for the sake of bullshit reasons (mostly gurl power)

I'd say season 6 is next. It could bump up a spot if the finale is awesome (if they have SOME sort of revelation at Oldtown, SOME sort of revelation at TOJ, SOME sort of worthwhile burning of Kings Landing), but I've been every episode I go into with high hopes and end up disappointed. There have been individual good episodes this season, but as a whole the show's writing has fallen off the rails. The intimacy and scope which made the show endearing is blown to shit, it is purely about making it to the end-game now.

Next I'd say season 3. I kinda liked the Theon torture, but it was tenuous. Stannis was bad from what I remember. Good moments with the stealing the unsullied, Blackfish, and Jamie, but it was a bit too corny at times with the wildlings and the red wedding. Best episode was Cogmans.

Then season 4, which was also corny, but had stronger individual episodes. Oberyn carried most of the season, and there was some pretty ridiculous OC, but it wasn't that bad. Purple Wedding was good, Locke OC was ok, trial was good, viper vs mountain could have been so much better but it was still good. Battle at the wall may have been my favorite battle. Only Cat was retardedly bad.

Season 2 and then 1 are so much better its not even funny. Even though 2 is less exciting than 1 from a plot standpoint, it is at least a well-paced, engaging, interesting show. The only weak point was parts of Qarth, especially house of the undying. Theon was great, Stannis was ok, Kings Landing was great, King in da norf was engaging.

1 was obviously eternal GOAT. Such a shame that the show is utter shite nowadays. makes me sad.

(you)

will the sneks be back tonight?

where do you get the courage to post these unpopular opinions

>lore

The action was great. The situations that lead up to it and even some decisions during the sequences were stupid.

4U

I fucking hope not

There is no "lore" this season. And every time I find myself starting to enjoy something in the show, I'm taken out of the moment because all writing that led to that point made no sense.

That's what I said.
Mystery of the White Walkers
>20sec scene of a literally who getting shanked with a dragonglass knife
>Becomes NK
>"We had to defend us. From you. From men."

Bran learns greenseeing
>lel he doesn't he touches old man willow's wood and teleports NK to his location
>everybody dies
>Hodador conveniently shoved in to get it out of the way

Coldhands is Benjen
>because if they shank you on the verge of dying you become a sentient wight instead of a WW

Ramsey kills Roose
>shank

Dorne plotline aborted
>shank

>shank
>Shank
>SHANK

Daenerys escapes the Khalasar
>LEL STILL FIREPROOF EVEN THOUGH IT WASA ONE TIME THING IN THE BOOKS

Poitical dialogue completely replaced by
>LEEEEEEL BIG GOG XDDDD
>LEEEEEEEEL NO GOG XDDDD

FUCK THIS SHOW GOD DAMNIT

At this point, I literally do only watch for tits and dragons

It would be true, if not for the last episode

same goes for the book, user.
except storm of swords=s3+best parts of s4, so storm of swords is the best book by far.
affc and adwd are utter shit

Yea, that was the first episode when I was thinking "what the fuck are they doing?"

>no lore this season

uh, what is HOLD THE DOOR? dumbass

1 > 2 > 4 > 3 > 6 > 5

they literally shit all over tyrions' character, why the fuck didn't they go with the depressed angry dwarf route?

the timeline for this show seems so fucked up, if you think about it, the white walkers have been traveling to the wall since the end of season 2. if you break it down since the end of the season 2, you can probably find thousands of errors or plot holes inconsistencies, its these details that make this show complete shit at this point

more like what the fuck are they doing to stannis

yes, user

Literally plebbit.

>House of the Undying

Man, I was looking forward to seeing the horror aspects of that scene in the book. The UNDYING themselves. The corpse banquet. And also the scene with Rhaegar.

"He is the prince that was primosed. His is the song of ice and fire."

Rumour has it there is quick Snek scene to set up for the next season. Since Varys will most likely trying to get them to ally with Daenerys.

but this season they showed the white walker army just likes to stand around on hillsides until there's a plot element that needs to them to be somewhere, wherein they teleport there in the span of an episode

What was wrong with the last episode? I thought the fight between Brienne and the Hound was tense as fuck, and I liked seeing Tyrion getting his revenge.

I knew Tywin's death would be a loss for the show, but it's hardly something to blame on the quality of the episode.

It did put the show on a path that wasn't as good as it had been, but it's not because of the quality of the episode.

>teleporting ships and characters
>not taking relative distances into account to do the editing properly

fucking
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

One of the most emotion scene of all time, explained entire character's lore and history, how is that Reddit?

you were on the edge of your seat for it and now it is just cool to hate it so you can feel your fedora for the day

Because LE WITTY DWARF.
I imagine if they had made him a complex, grey character like in the books, the media would be at their throats for casting a bad light onto the dwarf community.

Yep.

This

it was a shit explanation for a literal MEME character and the situation that led to it was even more stupid

The Brienne vs Hound duel was well done, but stupidly inserted. As always. Because Brienne keeps bumping into the Stark daughters on the show on every turn and somehow manages to bungle it every time.

Tyrion getting his revenge was good, if not for Muh Tysha.

That was very dumb. Could have been improved by
>actually establishing what bloodraven was doing with the flashbacks instead of giving sydow 3 lines before killing him. "the ink is set" "uh but i just yelled at my dad and he heard me pls explain this for me im getting confused"
>being competent showrunners and not killing off characters who have had no showtime in 4 years but you dont know what else to do with them. hodor, osha, rickon, blackfish, leaf, summer, balon, soon to be lancel, kevan, etc.
>by not being fucking illogical retards. why is there a door in a tree? or a backdoor i guess? what good is holding a door for an extra minute going to do against ADHD zombies? if they were true wights i could see this, but the show has changed them into full blown psycho zombies. why is bran still warging? what is he even doing? WHY IS HE STILL IN THE PAST? BLOODRAVEN IS DEAD. HES OUT FROM THE TREE. WHY CAN HE HEAR MEERA YELLING AT HIM. THEY LITERALLY PORTRAYED IT AS HIM BEING ASLEEP

Stable time loops are shit and it was awfully done.

1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5

6 is shaping up to go in between 4 and 5, thus ruining the decline

I think that was the clear sign from the show that they chose not to fully adapt the books because they were not capable of doing so.

>ADHD zombies

kek, that almost quelled my anger.

Anyone else annoyed that after making them skellingtons, they also implemented the old "disabling the head will disable the body" routine?
Wights can fall to pieces, and every piece should still strive to attack. Othor's hand did in the books, and so did the arm that stabbed Jojen on the show.

6 is the worst, what are you talking about?

I was not on the edge of my sheet because I am autistic and knew that there was no tension. I was also trying to figure out what the show was trying to even convey. Is Bran warging young or old hodor? Is young hodor in the future now? What is future hodor doing? Is he in the past? Should I even care?

Agreed for the most part except season 2 was absolutely terrible.

I think the only things I liked about 6 so far was Ungregor subzero'ing a sparrow and Osha returning for two scenes.

>not even dragon types
As expected of plebs.

5 was an abortion through and through. 6 is similarly retarded, but at least plotlines are reaching resolution (albeit horribly). That is the only thing redeems it

Ha, imagine Drogonite :P

Battle of the Bastards puts it above anything in season 5, if only for being well-shot and nothing else

This is the perfect ranking.

Not much to discuss. First season is brilliant, the two after that are good, fourth one devolves into Lost tier basic network shit and the last two are pure shit like really fucking bad.

5 had snektits. I am ashamed how they implemented them in a gratuitous way into a pointless scene, but snektits themselves were gorgeous.

Any femanons aroused by House Ballwart ("We are coming") in the mummer's play in S6?

What are the best scenes of each season?

the camerawork with Jon struggling his way up through a pile of corpses and the first aroow volley were great.

It was well shot but it was terribly inaccurate and lackluster. Their lack of men is still clearly visible, and out of ~9000 men that were supposed to fight we only got like 500 extras.

Jon Snow also keeps getting cucked by Sansa's stronk womyn arc, but that's another story.

The episode wasnt that good. In fact, it kinda pisses me off that their idea of a good effort in the show is just throw money and make it a big spectacle. I liked the mereen parts better than the north, because thats what would actually happen. It made sense. It wasnt overblown for the sake of being overblown. Id rather have a more subdued episode 9 if it means episode 8 will have the funding to not be a total shitfest.

>1
Barristan quits
>2
Blackwater
>3
Red Wedding, anything with Punished Beric, Jon and Ygritte fucking in the cave.
>4
Viper vs Mountain, wall fight, Joffrey croaking
>5
Snektits
>6
BoB and maybe King's Landing going POOF?

>I liked the mereen parts better than the north
top fucking kek

Addendum:
>2
Jaqen killing dudes: "Unname me!", Last second Amory Lorch blowdart execution
>4
The fuck's a Lommy?!

this is 100% accurate

>2
Cupbearer Arya with stern Grandaddy Tywin

>Barristan

Please don't remind me of how the Greatest Swordsman To Have Ever Lived in Westeros died.

First ones that come to mind
>cersei and robert discussing lyanna
>Blackwater
>jamie and brienne in the hot tub
>tywin counseling tommen? oberyn declaring for tyrion? watchers on the wall was good
>uhhh probably maester aemon kill the boy. wait no easily hardhome
>uhhhhh i liked TOJ even though it was butchered. or maybe the scene where arya says a girl has no name. or the scene with the cock joke. or when tyrion has awkward moments with missandei and greyworm. best episodes were easily the Cogman episodes

this

/thread

Or how the fearsome metal masks were transferred from the Brazen Beasts, Dany's special forces, to the harpies.
WHERE WERE THE FUCKERS GETTING ALL THOSE MASKS FROM
WAS THERE NO SECURITY AT THE ARENA

At least dany rode the dragons and fucked shit up. Its been fucking 5 years of blue balls, its about time they address the dragon in the room

>Brienne Hot Tub scene
>Gigawoman buttcheeks
>Punished Jaime being based

Beautiful. I forgot how low my favourite character has fallen.

nice one too
stopped reading before last line though...

yes but with the same fucking "twist", the same fucking musical theme, and the same fucking danny face again ???
come on, an episode ago dany was at the same point than at the end of season 1/2/3/4

Which is why it had no impact. Her entire arc has been awful. BUT they needed to have a scene of her wrecking shit on dragons. She did not need a scene of her getting Mhysa'd, she did not need a scene of her burning khals and being badass and naked, she did not need a scene of her giving drogos speech from season 1 again word for word.

Hopefully Varys kills them instead of Kevan & Pycelle (it doesn't have to make sense)

>Hold
>The
>Doo
>R

>R on its own

my autism triggered

at least we can agree on that for sure, but now nothing will erase her smug face and her shitty arc i fear

Sudden realization.
2 Terminator references this season.
>Daenerys exiting the burning yurt
>W-1000

You can also read it as
>Hold the Odor
Because of how the lines break down.

Yeah, stop smelling.

The thing that keeps me from enjoying the show is how absolutely fuckawful the characterization is for pretty much all characters. It's what I like most about the books, all those great character arcs for Jaime, Theon, Sansa and so on.

The fact that they completely butchered Jaime, who is my favorite in the books, makes me even more annoyed. Fuck, they did so well with him in the first 3 seasons and then it went all to shit. What a waste of a great character and actor.

You could already see the signs when they had him personally murder the Cleos Frey stand-in.

Have they ever made a big deal out of kinslaying in the show? Can't remember.

Yeah that was shit, but not completely irredeamable. The bathtub scene in S3 was really good.

It's like they stopped caring about him starting with S4. Jaime, Stannis, Euron and Loras are the most butchered characters by far in the show.

He's a different character to how he is in the book. That doesn't mean he's trash.

He is though. What has he done of note since arriving in King's Landing? Being Cersei's personal lapdog?

Renly was like a completely different character.

RAEP

Kind of when stannis did it? But hardly at all. It is greatly encouraged this season
>balon
>roose
>walla
>baby roose
>trystane
>doran
>sansa pretty much killed rickon

Am I forgetting any other kinslewn?

they kill the mountain... again

Him too, yeah. I can't believe how many people are praising GoT for being progressive when they turned Renly and Loras into stereotypical flamers. Loras fantasizing about wedding dresses was borderline offensive.

Glad they didn't have Jon Connington in the show, the writers are pure shit with gay characters.

He's gone from being ashamed of his relationship with his sister to happily brining it up with anyone. His daughter being understanding of him has quite clearly had a big impact on him, and of course her sudden death has made him much more of a bitter person than what he was set to become pre-season 5.

They also butchered the Dorne succession rights, which ARE quite progressive for the setting, for MUH STONG WXMXN

>Glad they didn't have Jon Connington in the show
That's because in his scenes he'd be too old for fangirls.

It's fucking ridiculous how they butchered Dorne. People love to mock the book Dorne but it was literally perfect for TV. It's a simple self contained story, has strong womyn for feminists, some violence and a memorable ending.