How do i start a band like death grips

how do i start a band like death grips

for reals guys

1. Find a black guy (any black guy will do)
2. Find a drummer
3. Import Audacity.exe into Audacity
4. Drummer plays over the noise you've just created
5. Black guy yells
6. ?????
7. Profit

1. Close your eyes and seize it.
2. Clench your fists and beat it.
3. Light your torch and burn it.
4. Be the beast you worship.

im south american is that black enough

If a band you like inspires you want to make similar music, you are not worthy of being a musician. Stick to your suburban castle, nu-male.

Smoke a ton of weed and go to art school

is that grimes

I know this is bait, but come on.
You can do better than this.

>Make friends who are passionate about music
>Play together for a year or so
>Release a stellar EP that attracts underground attention
>Get into cryptography and host a series of fun goose chase ARGs
>Radically shift your sound several times
>Continue releasing yearly music for free despite the growing following you have accumulated
>Go on tour, cancel tour
>Disband
>jk
>Go on tour again
>Become a meme

It's as simple as that.

I get the feeling you guys are shitting on Zack Hill's importance to the band.

>3. Import Audacity.exe into Audacity
Real artists know Microsoft Excel is the best program to import.

Why? That's a really paranoid and insecure feeling to get.
Nobody in this thread has talked shit about Zach Hill.

Sure why not.

lol it's not though. you're forever going to be the poor mans version of whatever band ur trying to make.

ur trying to copy*

This picture is so cool that I gave Death Grips a second chance (esp. that 80s Alien 3 Sigourney Weaver fucker at right, in contrast to the hairy guys). I have only given Death Grips one chance before, the "guillotine" song, like two years ago. I did not care for it. I didn't hate it, I just didn't care for it, it wasn't for me. I like all kinds of modern music but not this.

This time, I tried "No Love". I gave it about a minute and I turned it off. Not to be cute, or to be contrarian. I just have to go to bed and it just plain didn't hook me.

I have unironically come to enjoy various Sup Forums memes (MPP, ITAOTS). Death Grips, it would seem, is not one of them. Death Grips is just not for me. I wish you well if you like Death Grips.

:)

so with that logic, I guess that means that every doom metal band is just a poor man's version of Black Sabbath.

Or that every black metal band that uses tremolo picking is just a poor man's Darkthrone.

Or that every djent band is just a poor man's Meshuggah.

Or that every indie folk band is just a poor man's NMH.

Or that every electronic artist/band with catchy melodies & repetitive rhythms are just poor man's versions of Kraftwerk.

my point is that you're stupid to think that every band isn't a poor man's version of at least something.

turbo autism

Ryan Gossling?

most of them were inspired by multiple artists though. maybe my point was a bit exaggerated, but if you go into creating music thinking "ima be the next death grips" you will end up being a shitty soundcloud dude that no one cares about

>crash your bicycle into a pile of dirty diapers
congrats you're now a death grip

You're stretching what he said.
Bands in their genres don't strive to be like a certain group. If someone is trying to replicate a band or a very specific sound, they will fall short because it won't be achieved the same. If this guy wanted to be just like DG, he will try his best to try to do DG. Death Grips sound like Death Grips because they were influenced by other things to make something on their own, not half ass something based off another band.
Like how Muse wanted to be Radiohead.

announce auditions on the deep web