Is History dying?

Is History dying?

What in the past 10, 15, 20 years has happen that we can say "Yes, this was a very important part of history that can go into the books." Compared to older history of wars, renegades, racism, The Declaration of Independence and the presidents who took part to make that happen.

What History are we leaving behind? We're slowly dying with nothing to recall of our current years.

Of course history is dying. History is doomed to repeat itself because mankind can not learn from their mistakes. We're stuck in the middle of a never-ending cycle. There's no way off of this wild ride, sadly.

What History are we repeating? We dont even have THAT as the years go by.

How bout housing crash? Bank disaster? Bush? Tsunami? Fukushima? Arabic spring? Isis? Paris? SJW? Ehec virus, bird flu, cancer, nora virus? Refugees? Obama?

Solar, Cellphones, Internet, worldtrade and peace?

With Rome, the last few days of it's control over itself were riddled with sodomy and complete degeneration from normal human morals. This allowed it to be attacked on multiple fronts, eventually leading to it's fall.

If you want an example to current day, just look at feminists and the US. Of course it won't fall over the period of just a couple days, but shit will go down, regardless.

You don't realize history happened until a long time after it happened.

>9/11
>cell phones blowing up
>the internet blowing up
>iraq war
>lgbt shit

all in the past 20 years.

Natural disasters, Memes, Advancing Technology, FEMENIST, Terrorist attacks.

If this is what you think counts as HISTORY or rather Historic Events then you only prove my point more of History digging a deeper grave in this generation.

Sodomy? Count me in,

>disreguards actual events
>only wants what he would consider history, based on his own personal opinion
well no shit we're digging deeper. fucktards like you exist who believe that stuff like feminism is fine.

If you think the significance of the internet being created is only memes, then you are a fucking retard.
It is the largest database of information and media that the human race has ever created. You can literally find or gain acess to any item or piece of knowledge you can think of. 30 years ago, this level of technology was unheard of.
Terrorist attacks are certainly part of history as well. 9/11 shaped the US foreign policy from then on in order to prevent and stop the spread of terrorism.
However you seem the type of dumbass to think that the only history is giant bombs being dropped on foreign countries or literal warfare.

Its fucking exponential growth, witch in this short period of time is amazing. You however talk about history like an event that is outstanding like new countrys (declaration of independance vs arabic spring), the first car vs. Cellphones etc.
We live in amazing times my friend and i guess we reached the toppling point where someone has zu fuck it up again..wich you will call historic..get outta here

>directly compares today to the fall of Rome, something historically significant across all cultures
>HURR THAT DOESN'T COUNT UR KILLING HISTORY >:C

>water on mars confirmed
>pluto forever alone

give it a couple weeks, op
dead queen any time, now

>i don't see today's events through a filter of centuries and centuries of elapsed time
>nor have they had the time to be told and retold and retold over and over until only the base facts remain and everything else has to be pieced together and assumed
>this means they're worse

in a millenium they'll be talking about us as if we were gods to look up to, same as we do about those who came a thousand years before us

time heals all wounds and some people consider negative connotations of events to be a wound

you are a mental midget masquerading as an intellectual

>tfw we know how peasants have lived in basically every civilization to current, but "ZOMG WHAT WILL WE WRITE IN THE HISTORY BOOKS?!?!?1?!?"

Yeah, based on my very personal experience of learning history at school which only I was taught as a kid.

History is History. When our independence was set, THEY KNEW this was going to be great unlike today where we live our days not even thinking about things like that because its the same shit getting slighty better each year.

You think 4k HD Tv's are History worth? Ipods, ipads, video games, or a mechanical sex doll is something to note?

Nobody in 20 or 40 years after will say, "Wow billy, did you know that ipads were very cool back in the day, but that doesnt matter now with the ever growing technology we have with hover cars and laser Tv's." No they wont because advancing technology is pointless unless its something life changing and not the next Iphone 8,9,10.

The most funny is thinking Terrorist attacks is an argument and saying that it will prevent them in the future? Haha yeah

>nobody talks about technology in a historical sense
What are "Vinyl, 8-track, cassettes, game cartridges, walkman, etc." Alex?

Nigga English clearly is not even your first language. You type like a foreigner that got straight C minuses in ESL. It's a good thing you don't write the history books because you'd leave out the important pieces. You haven't refuted anyone's points here and are willfully ignorant of the major events in history over the last 20 years.

>be pharaoh
>want to have bigger tomb than my dad 'cause he's a jerk
>think "fuck yeah, I'm going down in textbooks"

Yeah you know cause thats what STARTED it all. The most important parts of a book is the start and the end.
>If I insult him and call him stubborn then itll hide my own stubbornness

Nigger, the only people who care about history are those who study it. Of course no one is going to remember the appliances of the past. Half of us in this thread don't even know what a VCR is, considering how many newfags browse Sup Forums these days.

Learning history is subjective to the person viewing it, same as how you deny and accept certain aspects of the medium. Of course people are going to forget what they want so then their own opinions of life are accepted by them more easily.

Are you fucking serious?

The internet. We're about to land on fucking Mars. We've been at war with the middle east for 20 fucking years, which will no doubt make the history books substancially. Islamism is a global issue. This is the point in history where we realise how fucked we are from climate change. Just fucking loads of things you dense twot.

>The most important parts of a book is the start and the end.
And your opinion can be safely ignored from now on. Have a nice day. I'm gonna go do something more productive then argue with you. Like jerk off.

You halfbrained dirt chewing motherfucker, if you can't acknowledge that terrorism, the inventions of the internet and cell phones are not significant parts of US history, then you're an idiot who doesn't have the mental capacity be reasoned with. So i'll call you names until you get it through your thick head. Or until your IQ raises above that of a 6 year olds.

Oh well, Guess ill see in 40 years when people refer to anything you all claim to be history. No use in debating against Sup Forums.

So you only just now realized how pointless your life is?

>What History are we leaving behind?
I'm going into the military. Everything I do is written in history. If nothing else, I hope to be the next Ghengis Khan of South East Asia.

>everyone's wrong and I'm right! Fuck you guysssssssssss
Yeah, we're done here. If everyone in the room is calling you a dumbass, you're a dumbass.

>i can't win
>it must be because these people are stubborn and short minded
keep believing that, kid

You wont be alive in 40 years mate, you'll definitely kill yourself through stupidity.

Oh wow 9/11
It is the most irrelevant thing in modern history, fucking monkey ass lips american nigger. Smarthones, personal computers, all of technology wouldn't be the same if it wasn't for the thing that we are now the most dependent on, and it is the Internet. Yeah, it is THE MOST important thing that happened for the last 30 or so years. The 20th century marks the beggining of a new era, and now, we are living in a new era. Just think about it.