00s cell phones

Tell me about cell phones in the 00s!

In Sweden, around 95% of all cell phones at the time seemed to be Sony Ericsson, and I assume Nokia had a similar position in Finland. I remember sharing music files and other goodies over Bluetooth.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/nokia-3310-mwc-2017-re-launch-buy-amazon-price-leaks-details-revealed-a7578941.html
gsmarena.com/nokia_8-8522.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lol i was only 11 in 2009 i dont remember the 200s

This shit ahaha
I only wanted to play the snake

they were really gimmicky. they were constantly selling us on extra features but in hindsight every 500 dollar phone back then wasn't offering anything much. still blows my mind that nokia is finnish and not japanese

Nokia, like everyone else on this globe.

My first phone was Siemens M65. Really good phone. Later I got SE like on your pic OP and then I had Nokia x6.

Siemens C25
Sony Ericsson T610
I don't remember the rest

Motorola T180 > Sony Ericsson J230 > Sony Ericsson J210 > Siemens C72 > Sony Ericsson W610 > Sony Ericsson Elm.

RAZR and blackberrys were popular here

Went from Nokia 2600 to SE T200i to SE K500i to SE W910i. K800 and K750 were really popular.

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/nokia-3310-mwc-2017-re-launch-buy-amazon-price-leaks-details-revealed-a7578941.html

am unironically switching back to this (my 1st ever phone) when it re-releases, smartphones are great but i'm never offline, always checking it and i don't like it.

Based brick

for a while canadians thought we'd be a phone/tech superpower.

we went back to being a third world colony that just exports wood/minerals/oils shortly after that.

I hope it will charge using USB-C. It also needs to be able to import and export contact lists in vCard-format, and be able to tether to a computer to work as a LTE modem, then I'm in!

Nokia is also restarting it's phone industry overall. There's like 5 new models coming out. They run with android.

gsmarena.com/nokia_8-8522.php

t: Definitely not a salesman.

Did anyone here used to mod Motorola phones back in 2004 ? The Russians also played a big part in this, cracking RSA protection and being able to run Elf apps, they also developed modding programs for the phones also.

Motorola RAZR definitely one pf the more iconic.

>no one posted a sidekick

Smartphone before smartphones tee bee aytch

Bravo Estonia!

yeah i remember this was pretty much the equivalent of the iphone.

all it did was txt and have like 1 shitty game. pre-smartphone era seems quite retarded compared to modern phone hype.

I installed a few pirated games on mine.

>this post
>not in reply to this post

I remember this shit
I loved it

I like the clam phones because you can be a cool guy and transform into power ranger. Durable nokia phones as well, I liked those because I tend to throw stuff when I'm angry with the person I just talk to

>I like the clam phones
I had an LG Wine Smart a while ago, it was a fucking pain though because pretty much no apps were made for the tiny screen or the numpad.

The RAZR probably had the best call quality of any phone I owned.

>Sony Ericsson,
cuck, it was just Ericsson

Not in the 00s.

It won't be a "real" re-launched 3310, probably just a chink dumbphone with Nokia logo slapped on front and back.

yep, i had the same
i'd still use it if i could

Can't use most of them here anymore; Telcos dropping 2G support en masse.

Had this. had to use it again a couple of years ago after my smartphone smashed. It's surprisingly durable

I still have it, one of the few phones that have iTunes besides apple products

I had a nokia and no friends to call with it.

>Bluetooth.
>not infrared
Is like you don't want your sharing 64x64 hentai pics to be interrupted by a particle of dust, pussy.

I miss SE so much

I had that phone for 12 years before i switched to a smartphone.
It still works and needs to be charged once every week.
It was better in the old days.

Bluetooth was already universal back then, but my phone did have IR. Can't remember ever using it though.