/shiitake/

1. Your country
2. Do you eat or like shiitake mushroom?

Japan.
Yes I do. It's the best mushroom.

Crimini is more common

>shit take

Hmm..

It's absolutely based. I wish they grew in the wild here.

If you feel like being a fatass then coat a cap in olive oil, stuff it with blue cheese, and then chuck it on the grill.

yes we eat shimeji too

all mushrooms have some sort of toxins, don't they

there was some study published about this recently: even the healthy kinds are unhealthy

I love champignon, the rest is poisonous fungus to me.

1. Flag
2. Yeah. Not my favorite shroom, though; it tastes weird.

shitake in Asian food, portabella for the rest

Thezd are good. Wtf I love Japan?

I like Crimini too. My mom used to use it for spaghetti bolognaise.

A quality post from Korean friend.

That sounds delicious. Too bad blue cheese is expensive here. But thanks for the recipe. I'll try when I have chance.

I like shimeji too. It matches anything imo.

I like pickled fish very much. But pickled fish in general seems to have toxins too. It raises the risk of cancer slightly but significantly. But I don't care :)))

Golden chanterelle is indisputably the best mushroom.

Yep it applies to naturally fermented pickled products. The mass-produced pickles you buy at store are force-pickled and thus don't have the cancer crap. I think the kind of pickled fish you're talking about is naturally pickled.

And funnily enough it's reverse when it comes to soy products. The table soy is fermented and doesn't have the bad crap that unfermented soy products have. Tofu will shorten your lifespan.

Yes I'm talking about naturally pickled ones. There's a delicacy named Kusaya which literally means "stinks"(It's like surströmming). It's fish pickled in fermented fish guts. And the pickle sauce has been used since Edo period. It must be bad for health. But it's delicious af.

I didn't know that. Damn. I like Tofu and fried tofu.

deathcap master race!

Yeah, there have been studies about this stuff over the years. The mushroom thing is a joke compared to this stuff. Mushrooms aren't bad for you. They've even propositioned pickles alone as the reason for overrepresentation of certain cancers in Japan.

>tfw have to wait until winter to collect magic mushrooms

Magic mushrooms are the best ones

are you the same shiitake-butthurt nip?

I mean I wish I could delete the earlier, older post about mushrooms because I shouldn't have written unhealthy. The mushrooms have only minute amounts of toxins.

It's okay. Don't worry.