Thoughts on Adam Ruins Everything?

Thoughts on Adam Ruins Everything?

failed quads

Brilliant. Gets into history, even the ugly parts.

Hair piece

Fairly intelligent show most of the time.

But misleading about some other things. IE the episode they did about the wall was very dismissive and missing the point.

Basically "if you can't stop it all why try in the first place?"

Fake and gay

absolute faggot. takes stats and studies out of context to push some bullshit political agenda. good concept, absolutely retarded execution

adam ruins everything
also known as fatass debates himself for thirty fucking minutes

Interesting at times, going into the origins of societal norms is intriguing but I feel like the show has political bias at times as well.

Aside from the political bias, the show is pretty good about going into deep history and dispelling myths, like the lie detector episode

>unbiased show is biased
>not as biased as liberal media

: you guys see the one about curcumcision?

>takes stats and studies out of context

How can a statistic be taken out on context? A statistic is objective and should be able to stand on its own.

I like the show but it's very liberal. Sometimes episodes only show one side and not the other.

Example is the immigration episode it only showed that building a wall is wrong but it didn't talk about the problems of immigration and what it's doing to the US.

I love this show but ya it does have a bit of an agenda going for it

>i watching the prison ep right now

dey terk er jerbs!

>but it didn't talk about the problems of immigration and what it's doing to the US.

Driving the price of fruit down?

Fat and homosexual and aimed at college students and younger, so very left leaning. take everything he says with a grain of salt since there's an agenda.

the black-haired girl he presents with is ok though. there's something wrong with her face but in a kind of good way. would plow.

No user he means having the immigrants picking the fruit that no person born here wants to do

Death ep is best ep

You can cherry-pick the statistics that fit your agenda, while excluding ones that don't. Then, put them together while telling a story that's related. I'm not sure I remember an exact instance of that being done in this show, but just an example.

fat libtard cuck who thinks that preposterous hipster clothes and hairstyle and being a snarky bitch is "entertainment"

I know, I was being obtuse. The only real downside is having to listen to your grandmother talk about dirty immigrants for 30 minutes at the thanksgiving day table.

>ITT: people who are too stupid to understand anything of vast intellectual value

I just wanna chop his stupid fucking hair off. Also, Collegehumor is Reddit-tier.

please, user, tell us more about you and Adam's superior intellects and then hang yourself with your dad's limp dick

at first I thought it was pretty funny. Once I realized he was just pushing the regressive left's agenda I stopped watching.

There are many ways to misuse statistics, son

I can name 2 just from the top of my head and I am no expert

I mean, are you old enough to remember the Pastafarians who made graphs showing a clear correlation between climate changes and the diminishing population of pirates around the world? That's one way to misuse stats and it's called a faulty correlation.

The other way has already been mentioned and is called cherry picking

From what i've seen he doesn't do a ton of research. Reminds me of a shity facebook post from Occupy Democrats

He looks like Drew Carey fucked the singer of Harvey Danger in the 90's.

His show is just a ripoff of P&T's Bullshit!, which was also frequently flawed and agenda driven.

>The other way has already been mentioned and is called cherry picking

Adam even said that in his diet show too

It's obviously aimed towards young children, so it's not my cup of tea. But I can understand how the bright colors and silly clown attire would be appealing.

He's good at bringing issues and topics to your attention and gives you a starting place if you want to do more research.

the very first thing they will teach you in stats and pols or economics shit, is how any stat can be manipulated to fit your agenda.

I kinda like the show. There'll probably be a few things that they will have to correct in some future episode.
If you don't believe what he's saying, then you're getting the message. Be skeptical.

Oh I know statistics can be abused and misrepresent the truth, I just don't think you'd call that taking a statistic "out of context". The difference is in semantics really.

Most of the time he does an okay job; but whenever he touches politics his agenda becomes very fucking obvious. He cannot get over "the left is always right, always, always". Shows of that nature NEED to be made by centrists, otherwise they just push their political views down your throat.

Mostly true, but some blatant falsehoods and oversimplifications.

Hes a self absorbed faggot who often twists info to fit the views he pushes

Absolute faggot. Can't go 10 seconds in without pushing his cuckish agenda.

This is both true and untrue.
The main concern stems from the statisticians themselves who perform the experiment or analysis, who are in a position to misrepresent the frequency of any trait or independent variable. This can for any number of reasons.
It is worth noting that removing certain data points can be done in a ethical manner if and only if the point can be defined as an "outlier" using statistical methods ("ie Grubbs test").
As this pertains to the show itself, it really doesn't. They do not perform their own research, but instead rely on the peer-reviewed literature that is already out there.

I don't watch much television so if feel free correct me, but from what I understand the show provides all relevant citations. Whether the show presents cherry-picked research or not can only be determined by a meta analysis of all the published literature excluding the papers that have been written by non-reputable sources (partisan based, seeks to profit from the results, agenda-affiliated, etc), and have unreliable (small control groups, badly organised, etc) data.

Something I left out:

If you are interested in the topic, please please follow the citations, read into their citations and scrutinise from a analytical and critical perspective. Look into primary sources and don't immediately buy into what is claimed by the media.

I completely agree

But Jews literally put that exact same bullshit on Disney. The only difference is they're teaching you how to look down on poor people instead of teaching you about history.