Attention Wal-Mart associates

Attention Wal-Mart associates

I've worked with Wal-Mart for just about 7 months and I haven't put a bullet in my head yet. I feel like that's a great record considering I work bike assembly and even the peons that scrub toilets tell me to do shit and I can't object because they have seniority.

My Ast/Co.s won't move me to CAP team 2 despite me hammering it into their heads for almost a month simply because they don't want to fill out the necessary paperwork, contrary to the fact that 3 people want my job and the job I want desperately needs as many heads as possible.

I put in the extra effort to show my superiors that im competent and can handle another department. I even do stupid menial stuff that isn't in my job code. Ever since I changed my preference and asked my AST, Co, and store manager for the transfer, I turned to a total yes man and they still shit on me.

How the fuck can anyone work there for a year, let alone 15 or 30? Has anyone else had this problem? Could I get some advice as to get the ball rolling so I can just move to CAP2?

Ast. manager here, don't get stuck on cap 2 buddy, it's a thankless job that gets blamed for everything.
If you really want to move to something else take your supervisor assessment and make your current goals a dpt. manager somewhere.

I actually enjoy CAP 2. It fits my abilities very well. When I first started, they would put me back there when understaffed. But now I volunteer to go back there and I take open shifts. But that d9esnt go without saying I have thought about other departments.

Quit and get a real job. Walmart is everything that is wrong with American big business, and they will suck the life blood out of you and your community. You will never get ahead working for Failmart.

You like bikes? Go to real bike shops and fill out an app. You have some building skills? Go to Trade Unions or construction companies and put in your resume. Live in a small town and there's no other opportunities? Join the Navy; you'll never have to kill people face to face, and you'll learn a good trade while making money.

Current Cap 2 Unloader and can confirm you get blamed for everything. Been doing this for 2 years and I want out so bad. I applied for a dept. manager position and got shot down, they tell me to wait for another to open. I do everyone's job and get nothing for it. Not even a thank you. I would stick try to become a dept. manager if I was you.

dafuq

I work Assembly also and it's chill as fuck.

only people that tell me to do shit are Assistant Managers or my own Dept manager.

chillest job at Wal-mart . I just fucking sit in front of a fan all day and build bikes / bbq / pation furniture.

and during dead times I help out with other bullshit but id say 75% of the time i'm doing my job.

so you're the infamous Ast Manager that I hate or when I hear you coming I fucking duck down a different isle.

Quit and get a real job

This^ (except for the joining the navy part, unless you trust your leaders)

take out a student loan, go to trade school, learn to wield, go north to the oil patches, make 6 figures, get laid off for a season, go to someplace tropical with cheap drinks and women, come back in the spring...wash, rinse, repeat.

Fuck Wal-Mart.

this is me..

though I like being assembler I'm going back to school for pharmacy tech or something cause I want a little more money in the long run.

I too sit in front of a fan, listening to the radio and building bikes. But thats only 25% of the time.

The other 75% is me getting there in the am, being assigned a job for the day, carrying out my tasks, and then being bitched at an hour before clock out because I spent my day Pushing carts/ working truck/ running maintenance / ect. AS I WAS TOLD. And then asked why I was doing that instead of building bikes. They're contradictive hypocrites

Tle/Acc associate here we are the red headed step children in our store and home office went off about all the bs that was never fixed. you get 30 seconds overtime and management flips Shit but they take cars till 7 and we close at 7. Fuck this place. At least we get a myshare this time and I put 40 PTO hours on too

Worked in a Neighborhood Market, grand opening + two years. Graveyard freezer crew. You will never be able to work hard enough or fast enough. Whatever you accomish, they will want just a bit more than that. Don't expect a "thank you". After two years, I got the fuck out, never been happier.

Im already 40k in debt to my college on a shiny associates degree in abnormal psychology that didnt get me anywhere

I've had those days but I just say "so and so told me to do this"

the cool thing is my store manager is big on having the bike rack full so if it gets out of hand with being pulled i'll go to him and say "I cant fill the bike rack because I keep getting pulled"

he ends up putting a rule for a few weeks that if the bike rack has more than 10 outs then I can't be pulled.

Walmart Shopper Reporting in.
I can confirm that you fucktards that work there are dumb as hell. I can see the ones who are Managers... With that gay as fuck Strut down the isle to tell another what to do...

Get off your fucking ass and do it yourself.
HUrr Fucking Durrr...
>Walmart Manager
>Super-Star
>KYS

Why the fuck is there 20 checkout isle and 3 open?

Well why didn't you just get a degree in gender studies

don't ask people who work in the back why the front is shitty.

because the store is pretty much ran in different sections.

Front/ Back/ Grocery...and they are ran by different managers.

but to answer your question.

>A: Wal-mart is cheap as fuck and only hires / schedules who they THINK they need on any given day.

>Why the fuck is there 20 checkout isle and 3 open?

Use the self check or keep your fat neckbeard ass on the couch and order delivery

Apply for whatever bank is in the front of the store. There pay isn't much better, but there are usually much better opportunities for advancement, especially if you are competent.

how much do you make doing that?

with new pay structure he should be making atleast $10 an hour no matter where he is in the United States

I'm in CA I make $10.27 an hour.

>except for the joining the navy part, unless you trust your leaders)

The leaders have ALWAYS been asshole/faggot/politicians, Do a hitch in the US Navy, and and you get paid while learning a useful trade--Corpsman, water treatment, machinist, electronics, nuclear science, engines-boilers-aircraft, a shitton-- and get free college.

Your;re a fucking retard for shopping there to start with.

oh god..that is terrible. i hope you're not over the age of 25

$11.50 in IA

kek. truth.

haha bro go into your Walmart.. if they are young they have worked there less than a year.

if they are old they have been there 5+ years.

I'm over 25.. I had a better job before working for USPS but fuck them I quit.

I'm going back to a trade school though starting at the beginning of the year.

>abnormal psychology
The problem with social sciences as a career is, you need to find that angle and devote yourself completely to that science.

Like most people in your situation, something probably held you back, and you missed the opportunity...or you barely passed the program, and happy you completed it with a paper to prove it, but no extra ciricular activities to pad your resume with.

BUT, trade degrees/certificates don't even come close to $40,000....couple thou at best.

Still, you could pay off that loan with a decent wielding job within a year.

>I'm in CA I make $10.27 an hour.

That's like making $5 an hour in Arizona.

How do you survive?

what kind of benefits do you get?

Bro I just got fired this morning and I find this thread. Btw I got fired for drinking loose water bottles from 24/35/28 packs that customers break. I was a good associate no coaching

I actually live in a 4 bedroom house thanks to one of my childhood friends letting me live here with just paying the house payment.

and I live in Southern California.

my mom is disabled and my wife takes care of her so we just split everything 3 ways.

I also have over $3,000 in the bank.

worked in the UK version for 3 years. been fired once.im on a permanently on either a written warning or final warning my hat goes off to your sir. the place got me so down I had to have 3 months off unpaid because I really was thinking of committing suicide

how old are you?

bro i'm not giving away all of my identity, I don't trust Sup Forums

just know i'm smart with my money i'm not like the average fuck tard walmart employee.

I value time over money.. my friends make 10x more than I do but thats cool because they also work 60 + hrs a week.

but I will be upgrading soon not much but double my pay.

im jw..3k isn't much. you should have enough in your savings to cover 6 months worth of bills (but maybe that is 3k for you)

ive been here for 3.5 years, first as an overnight stocker, then overnight support manager, and now as the food support manager

im honestly starting to really hate even the managers over my areas because all they want to do is bitch and moan about having to work extra because the backroom is a fucking disaster and every time the market manager shows up, he finds some new bullshit to complain about in the fresh departments.

anyway, i was locked out of being moved from overnight support to food support for 7 fucking months for no reason whatsoever.

you should go talk to these Walmart employees ask them how much savings they have.

I've heard employees say "I hope our check goes in today I haven't eaten since yesterday."

so 3k at Walmart is great.

Since we got so many of you faggots here..

What's the trick to shoplifting here? Any tips?

Also, have people forgotten about the fake coupons from a couple of years ago? I cashed in over $120 bucks of shit and I'm willing to do it again if the time is right

I would recommend all you fucks to apply to Lowes, Costco and even Sam's Club if you want to do the same type of shit for much more money.

Assemblers at Lowe's make good money. Any position starts off at like 13-14 an hour.

Didn't they find a way to stop them from ringing up?

yes just keep walking if you're in CA cause the law protects you and if they do grab you claim they broke your arm or something and that you're going to sue..

or even try to get them to hurt you because you can sue them.

do it at 10pm or 2am

10pm is when the shift change is and nobody gives a shit, theres nobody on the floor at 2am because most people are on lunch

You just walk out of the store. Dumbass. This goes true for all retail stores. I always wondered how in the fuck one gets caught shoplifting.

Some stores such as Lowes, Macy's, Target are allowed to apprehend.

>cameras
Your not very intelligent are you?

we had a guy coming in DAILY and taking the most expensive bike and riding it out of the closest fire exit.

he did this for weeks even to the point we knew what he looked like and would tell him to leave.

we ended up having to chain the bikes up.
but the dude never went to jail and probably stole over $5,000 worth of bikes because he would take the ones that were $200+.

KEK
Somewhere there is a ghetto rich black man with a killer collection of bikes

Well shit, the point is to do it discreetly and not get spotted.

I've stolen hundreds if not thousands in merchandise from Target because I found a way to do it without getting caught. Now that I moved away, the Walmart nearby shows potential but I'm not about to do the same thing without knowing what I'm getting into.

in some states cameras don't mean shit.

and the police don't get called for every shoplifting unless the person stays and lets the police get called.

he was actually white and bummy as fuck.

Keep believing that. They can not lay a finger on you. Only police are allowed to apprehend. Anyone else is breaking the law and open to a good lawsuit right up the ass.

anybody elses stores run through dairy department managers as much as mine does?

they average around a new one every two-three months

I worked at Macy's and witnessed these people apprehend shoplifters

I heavily aspired to be a psychiatrist/therapist for military alum with PTSD. But my lack of college funding halted my pursuit after two years

LMAO thats awesome

Target here. We have undercovers and assets protection assistant store managers, those 2 positions can apprehend and have the training for it, nobody else is allowed to in the store

>Implying cameras matter.
>Implying cameras have a full 360 view.
>Implying the whole store is covered.

Lurk more faggot.

Let me tell you stupid fucks something.

Good workers don't get promoted. You get stuck in shit tier land. You need to make them like you as a bullshitter type person.

Why move you to a store manager when you take the stress off them being able to find someone when you're going above and beyond to do your job and make theirs easier. They aren't thinking on that level. They are thinking "man my job sucks, I gotta pick up the kids, susie has dance. I gotta get out of here earlier." They aren't thinking hey that bust ass unloader is doing a good job lets promote him. Or hey that bike assembler that volunteers to do the shitty work we have trouble filling positions for willingly why would we promote.

do you get it now dumb fucks. Best thing I can tell ya to do is fuck off and start hiding out in home goods and not even doing your jobs

speed is the name of the game, get in, get out

things to look for if you think asset protection is onto you:

- a person in conspicuously normal clothes is either playing on their phone or having the fakest one sided bullshit conversation on their phone
- you see them alot

what this dude said.. look for that one person that always happens to be around every corner no matter what part of the store you're in.

if you notice that person then just fucking drop what you have and leave if you feel uncomfortable.

>Implying they are legally allowed.

Oww you just broke my arm. That will be x amount of $$$ please.

Target theif here
Never seen any AP throughout my time. I saw one security guy who stood at the front entrance, but I always walked right past him with loads of crap.
Was I scared shitless the first couple of times? Yeah, but eventually I realized no one was doing jack so I'd just smile and walk right out

Once you've stolen and you're on camera in one store, all nearby stores are notified. Your picture is distributed and the next time you walk in you're followed or police are called to apprehend you after you leave. People aren't stupid anymore.

also it may not be like this in every store but there are no cameras in either housewares or apparel, and other than the registers and bathrooms, all the cameras point down the main aisles

they also have shit resolution

They can pretend like they have the right to, "hold" you there. But legally they can't force you to stay. They are probably trained to scare people into thinking they have to stay and if they don't they will get into worse trouble. In reality they could just make a break for it and they can't do shit.

Sorry, the legal team will need proof your arm is broken from a hospital. Try again.

There's your problem. You got a fucking retarded degree. I was going to suggest that you get and education so that you dont have to deal with the Walmart bs but i guess that's not feasible. At this point you can either suck it up and work for Walmart, suck it up and go back to college and get either a STEM degree or a business degree, join the military, or i guess you can move to Denmark and live off of the gov.

I had this happen to a friend of mine at Albertsons. Us two and some girl would always steal booz and food from there. Eventually they got his face posted in their office. Me and him went in one time and some manager walked up to him and said, "we know who you are and we just called the police." We noped the fuck outta there real fast. Nice of the guy to warn us, I guess. Never went back.

Check this tin foil hat wearing mother fucker.

haha bro.. I work at these stores our managers are fucking terrified of law suits.

I've been told multiple times "just stand in front of the door but if they try to run out you need to step to the side and let them go DO NOT try to touch them or the cart."

also potential walmart thieves: no associates can lay a hand or grab at you to stop you, they will get written up or fired for that

they also cant chase you past the front sidewalk, that will also get them fired

I got arrested in walmart once, Was in an altercation with a fellow shopper. Nothing happened there really, wasn't a huge deal... Stupid fuck security came up..

Acting like a tough guy
>user Come with me
>Get fucked
>OutofShape.gif
>Security?
>KYS
>Walrus Security Proceeds to put hands on me
>Nope.avi
>Cracked him right in the fucking face
>Clean up on isle 6
>Holding face half crying
>Fellow security running up
>Turn
>He stops
>Sir we called the cops

Not a single fuck was givin

What about security?

>Implying i wouldn't break my arm during the struggle on purpose for alot of $$$

Dude just shut the fuck up all retail stores have the same damn policy for APs.

Scare but do not touch or we will fire your ass. Because that lawsuit will cost more then the shitty $1 bag marked up too $100 they tried to steal not to fucking mention the stores have theft insurance that will fucking pay for it.

>mfw walmart wont hire me because of my background

Not even a felon

I work at a big box store. This is common knowledge you idiot.

You ever consider the trades?

I've got an AA in diesel technology, started as a mechanic for the city landfill at $19.03/hr with 42 hours a week. Ain't bad for a guy who hates sitting at a desk.

Its called a citizens arrest and yes they are legally allowed to arrest and detain you.

If you have selection concealment and nonpay you are (anyone is) legally withen your right to perform a citizens arrest on that person and detain them with force if necessary (as determined by law, threat to self or others etc...)

As a citizen though you are required to immediately contact a peace officer (police 99.9%of the time) report the arrest and hand over the person when they arrive. You are not allowed after performing a citizens arrest to then allow that person to go free, that would be a tacit admission that the arrest was baseless and increases your odds of being found guilty of unlawful confinement, assault etc.

Doesn't mean shit. They put hands on you you can sue them or hit back. Citizens arrest is for out on the streets you see some nigger steal some old ladys purse and you pin him down and wait for the police. That shit doesn't apply in a super market, idiot.

This. My AP's get you on camera selecting, concealing and trying to leave then you're fucked. Then they can hold you and prosecute.

It's okay user let them believe that. I like free money.

Keep believing that.

The person would have to be a complete bystander non-related to the company or any third party hired by the company. Anyone directly related to the company itself cannot physically hold you. It is against the law and you can sue the shit out of them.

Aight we need a lawyerfag to clear this argument.

Yes it does. It applies to certain types of offenses, theft is included on this list. It doesnt matter where it was committed private property, public property. A felony is a felony and anu citizen who witnessed it is allowed to perform a citizens arrest.

If the arrest was lawful, as in the person did steal something, and the arrest was done in a lawful manner then that person assaulting the person doing the arrest could be found guilty of assault. So... The exact opposit of what you just said.

Source: The law
Secondary Source: I've done 5 years of loss prevention for a retail store (not walmart) and was assulted twice during arres both resulting in that person having an assault charge tacked on to their theft/fraud charges.

It should be said that arrests got physical often enough but it was only twice that i felt comfortable going forward with the assault complaint/charge

Bottom line, you're all poor Cuck degenerates for stealing anyway and deserve to be arrested. Get a job faggots.

It has nothing to do with who they work for if theyre working or any nonsense like that. Many companies like Walmart have a light touch or dont touch policy but thats all internal and has EVERYTHING to do with wanting to limit the chance for being liable in a false arrest and nothing at all to do with some made up bullshit about not being able to have inhouse LP perform arrests.

Is everyone in here a fucking 13 year old edgelord? How are people this ignorant of actual law? You know you can look this shit up online right?

You're the kind of person we make fun of in the break room because you're too stupid to find anything on your own or even read the fucking label. I bed you come in wearing dirty ass sweat pants too.

Never worked at walmart but can say this is how every other job I've had has worked.

Your store likes to play with fire. Pray you don't get someone smart enough to make it look like your assaulting them on camera. What store do you work at? I think i want to sue a AP that pushed me a little to hard.

Fuck this shit. Reading this stuff makes me glad im gonna start right into a career after college.

We had a guy stealing display laptops. Called the cops, checked cameras, somehow or another cops figured out who he was and where he lived and arrested him at his house.

Sears was the store. Arrests generally arent performed in store anyway since you need to leave the store with the merchandise for it to be stealing.

We also work in pairs for safety and there was a reasonable amount of training. Its pretty hard to make it look like assault unless it actually was assault.

You introduce yourself state the nature of why youre stopping them and ask them to come back. They dont comply. You take them back. Youre working in pairs so that part is pretty easy you each grab and arm and go. They kick they bite they try to run thats cause for using restraints so we use our hand cuffs. You spit? You get the spit bag over your head... You draw a gun or a knife? Enjoy your free merch.

If you have two compentant indivduals performing the arrest is VERY rarely gets physical and when it does its even more rare that it gets out of control.

Thats Sears though. From what i gather walmart is a pretty mickey mouse employer in terms of what they offer for training and gear. Sears gave us bags, cuffs training and made sure we never worked with less than 2.

Huh... Reading through this gave me some insight on the position I'm moving into.

I've been with Wally World for a little over a year. Spent it as the Sporting Good/Automotive associate. It was 'aight. Made Employee of the Month once or twice. Already have military experience. Any way...

Our most recent assembler supposedly got caught up in a drug deal and got his ass capped. So the position opened up. Which I'm taking just so I can get off the floor and not have to deal with customers face-to-face as much.

Either way, Im going from 33hrs/wk part time to 40hrs/week full time. Losing $0.59/hr with the move.

>
> (OP)
>Let me tell you stupid fucks something.
>Good workers don't get promoted. You get stuck in shit tier land. You need to make them like you as a bullshitter type person.
>Why move you to a store manager when you take the stress off them being able to find someone when you're going above and beyond to do your job and make theirs easier. They aren't thinking on that level. They are thinking "man my job sucks, I gotta pick up the kids, susie has dance. I gotta get out of here earlier." They aren't thinking hey that bust ass unloader is doing a good job lets promote him. Or hey that bike assembler that volunteers to do the shitty work we have trouble filling positions for willingly why would we promote.
>do you get it now dumb fucks. Best thing I can tell ya to do is fuck off and start hiding out in home goods and not even doing your jobs
This is true. Unless you have a boss that invests in you as a person and is confident in their own abilities to develop talent.

You grab me as I'm walking in the parking lot and you are getting the ever loving shit beat out of you. You and your fuck buddy.

Thanks user for the info. Assault conartist here. Have put 3 people i don't like in jail and sued a retail store for "strangling" me and won.

When I figured out you can make more money picking up trash then wall mart, I quit. Companies that Adopt Hi-Ways tend to outsource their trash pick up under the table . I get the equivalent to $20 dollars an hour picking up trash on the side of the road. And I don't have to take the trash anywhere, I just leave the full trash bags there and they pick it up later