Im scared im either schizophrenic or i am going to be...

Im scared im either schizophrenic or i am going to be. 2 weeks back i smoked some weed with someone i didnt know so well and basically i got really paranoid of what he was saying and i got scared, we were walking home at night and he was saying really strange things, like how he beat people up and how he could do the same to me. i took off down the road all the way home and started freaking out thinking he had followed me, i called the cops thinking he might break in, so basically they came and i was to scared to open the door and my room mate did, who didnt know i was freaking out. the cops talked to me for a bit, i was a mess, and i wanted them to take me to the hospital but they said i needed an ambulance. so basically i was losing my shit, i hopped in the ambulance and i swear the ambulance was a train.

when i got to the hospital i had this weird feeling like i had broken free from something, like i started to see what reality really was, it felt like they were aware that i knew that i knew? if that makes any sense, it felt like i saw this world where they controlled everything and i was like a test subject. i had a really bad trip the whole night, i was nuts.

after the night, i wasnt alright but i just told them i was fine, spent one day in the mental ward and than they let me out after i convinced the psychiatrist i was normal.

i spent the night alone and started thinking about everything and started crying, i felt like i was in the truman show but it wasnt focused on me but say most of the population was being tested or fooled. anyway i just spent a few days to get back to 'normal'.

i went to the doctors and got on anti depressants because i am depressed but i didnt say anything about my thoughts. i have been on them for about a week.

i get really paranoid people arent what they seem, i keep reading into everyone says, its hard to be normal. does this sound like schizophrenia?

its hard to explain it all, but i feel like killing myself. i am worried i am losing my mind and i dont know how to stop the thoughts and i dont want to tell anyone because i dont want to be labelled crazy or looked at differently.

begone rat

Schizotypal yes. I've experienced such thoughts when I dose too much of a psychedelic and lose the plot. You're probably predisposed to mental illness. Does it run in the family? I wouldn't smoke weed or use psychoactive. Unless you can get a handle on your thoughts. Try and realize when your thoughts get ridiculous. Awareness is key although I know the point of schizophrenia is people can't realize it. Good luck user

possibly. it's in the territory of delusional and paranoid, which are psychotic symptoms. psychosis is a primary symptom of schizophrenia, but also a number of other disorders.

i've had some pretty intense reactions to strong bud that get fucking paranoid or get stuck in timeloops or other shit, but i've also been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and after that changed to schizoaffective bipolar type.

if this shit keeps up over the next couple weeks in the absence of any recreational drugs, i would suggest talking to your shrink about it. or earlier if shit gets out of hand.

also you don't have to tell everybody if you actually get diagnosed with a mental illness. nobody i work with knows.

as someone who was once in a pretty similar situation, stop smoking.

thanks, i barely smoke and it was a one off, i havent smoked since i and dont plan to anymore, i just quit smoking and trying not to drink, i just dont want to lose it. i just dont want to be seen as crazy or get on meds that turn me into a zombie, i believe im relatively normal... but idk im just worried as fuck

Same. I thought it was aliens testing on us, but was acutely aware that they hated me in particular. Apparently all the electronic devices we have now is all they need to monitor everything. They can even read this message. I was thinking they used EM radiation of power lines and some receivers to passively get a picture of everything around civilization, but that's stupid, especially when we give so much information willingly by either being ignorant of the technology we're using, or via social media.

>ops face when

I wouldn't worry. Don't let it consume you because you could make it worse. Take things slow m8 and stay sober. I had a schizophrenic friend who was functioning but barely. Now he abuses all substances and rides trains around the nation. Basically worthless. If it ever gets too bad don't be afraid to ask for help. Peoples' opinion isn't worth your life. Read some Krishnamurti. Chill oot you'll be alright.

shit, so are you better now? or on meds? or is it just better not smoking weed?

yeah i am trying not to think about it, its usually fine just before bed though its bad, its hard to stop the over thinking. i dont want to touch drugs, i went for long walk this morning, i dont miss smoking weed or cigarettes i just want to forget about it and be normal

Same thing happened to me a year ago when I ate a weed brownie. You described my situation perfectly, it's almost spooky.
I have noticed my grasp on reality slipping more every month. Nothing helps

Same thing happens to me OP
everything will be fine, you are normal

ah shit that is worrying, it is scary to know that you had a similar situation. so it doesnt get better? do you still smoke?

thank you, i hope so

I don't touch drugs anymore, I have had bad experiences with weed, acid and meth. Don't do drugs ever again and you should be fine, I'll probably be fine too.
Just stay away from drugs and alcohol!

thats good, but what do you find you struggle with/ like what is hard or what do you feel uncertain about? im so worried that i just cant come back, that once you cross that line there is no return

i'm not on meds right now, and doing alright. i'm not the most functional person in the world, but am married and have steady part time work.

I haven't smoked weed in a few years, but it wasn't the cause of symptoms for me, just once in awhile would help bring them out. sometimes i need meds, usually for crippling depression or occasionally psychotic episodes. am on the lucky end though, my voices are mostly just distracting or confusing a lot of people get it much worse. it can be hard to say whether or not it's just a bad reaction to weed, or whatever, without giving it some time. the other guy's advice about trying not to stress over it and staying sober is good advice. i'm not against weed or most drugs for that matter, but sometimes it can react poorly with brain chemistry.

Ooooh, baby's first psychotic episode.
For someone with this kind of attention to details you sure seem to be unable to google how smoking weed can trigger psychosis.
>Geee whiz, psychosis is a result of mezo-striatal dopamine imbalance. I know, i'll smoke me some dopamine altering drugs.
Congratulations, you're part of the small number of people who have their dopamine levels fucked beyond the psychosis threshold by THC. Either that or you smoke that shit in a high enough quantity to fuck up a normal brain.
There actually was a reason it was banned for so long. It's legal now in some parts of the world because it was hypocritical to allow alcohol and tobacco (which cause dementia, liver failure and cancer) and not allow cannabis but something being legal doesn't mean it's good for you.
How about you stop being a fucking pot head and actually contribute to society?

There is a return, just give it time and dont dwell on it, try not to think about it. Always look forward, never look back.
I personally feel like reality is hanging on by a thread for me sometimes, it's not a good feeling. It feels like everyone is in on some kind of plan or experiment and I dont know about it, I am the test subject.

so are the voices constant?

yeah thats true, i think for me itd be best to stay away forever, i just know i wont do any good. im the same, i tihnk weed is fine, just not for everyone in this case. how hard is living like that?

>goes to mental ward in hospital
>doesn't tell psychiatrist about schizo-like thoughts
>goes on Sup Forums to ask random internet idiots about schizo-like thoughts
>thinks being on anti-depressants for a week will make a big difference
look man anti depressants take like a month to start making a difference, and you usually have to adjust the dosage. If you're actually schizophrenic, you need to get on meds, or you're not going to be able to reliably function in society. If weed just makes you really paranoid, and you're depressed, you probably need to talk to someone (shrinks are good for that) and the meds you're on won't hurt, but you should follow up about the dosage and all that. Or maybe you have a lot of anxiety that's hitting you hard right now, which might mean different meds/different therapy methods.

i smoked one cone, the time before that was 4 months ago, im no pot head, i just do it here and there. and yeah i was stupid but i didnt think it would lead to this, i guess its one of those it happens to other people not me situations.

i just didnt think to talk, i know its stupid.

i know they take a month, i am on them for my depression and i know that it doesnt work like a magic trick. i want to talk i just dont want to end up in a mental ward, because what im thinking isnt normal and i know it. and i know how it will sound

No, this is not schizophrenia. Do you smoke weed often? Do you take other drugs? Could be a drug induced psychosis.

no they're not constant, they're actually not a very common experience for me. they've come and gone periodically over the years.

this. Listen to him OP

i dont smoke often at all, but its been like 2 weeks since and its still there

it doesn't matter. mental wards usually dont keep people for more than a week and a half unless you're planning to rape a toddler. you'll be fine. Trust me. Ive been there before. Do you have insurance?

do you just try and ignore it?

yeah but it makes it worse being in there, i feel so much more crazier, i feel better being at home. i live in australia so im covered, its just i dont want to end up there

i think you meant somebody else.

if i start hearing more than one friendly voice in particular, that's when i get back on antipsychotics. they can be a potential hazard when you're working with power tools, brake presses or things like that even if you don't believe what they're saying or they're not speaking directly to you.

Then you have a low tolerance for THC. Never smoke again.
Problem is, if you still have symptoms after 4 months, it may have already altered your dopamine metabolism to the point where it cannot return to a normal level on its own.
Antidepressants will not correct this, they work on serotonin and/or norepinephrine, not dopamine.
You need an anti-psychotic.
By the way, i'm a psychiatrist and i have to tell you, i just love it when someone comes to me for help and doesn't tell me what i need to know in order to help him and then goes on the internet for advice. I'm giving you a free pass for being paranoid but still, fuck this shit.

sounds legit

I 2 am physitryst

i dont plan on smoking again.
and if they get worse i will.

im sick of being judged. i am scared, i was scared. i dont know what to do, i dont know that if i speak up that i wont end up in a looney bin. i did this over the internet because i could be anonymous. i dont want an anti-psychotic because ive seen people on them and they are zombies.

in the USA at any rate, you can't be forcibly held in a looney bin unless you're a danger to yourself or others.

it can be hard to get in if you're not threatening to kill yourself or assaulting/threatening others. most hospitals are short on beds.

the problem is i am suicidal and im worried that will keep me there.

yeah the times i have been in i feel like im wasting a bed (for suicidal reasons) and that just makes me want to leave more

Why would you think psychiatrists will jump to the extremely potent anti-psychotics in "fuck my shit up" doses?
You'll probably get a pip in a low dose, I give that shit to diabetics and the elderly, that's how well tolerated it is.
Also, being suicidal SHOULD keep you there. Why are you worried about something that you should be wanting? If you're complaining about it then you are actually worried about it happening so wouldn't you like to do everything possible to avoid it?

Is it that hard to believe that being on this cesspool for years, exposed to the raw, uncensored shit that goes through people's heads would actually motivate someone to study the brain?
Also, i'm doing my PHD in how anonymity, and lack of, modulates inhibition centers in the PFC.

i see how that would be a problem then. maybe it would be a good place for you, but everybody's situation is different so i don't know.

also, what the other dude said about antidepressants taking a long time to work is true. a week on antidepressants is usually enough time to see what kind of early side effects they give you, but that's it. it gneerally takes a month before any difference is felt, and that's when its time to start tweaking dosage which takes even more time to fine tune.

for paranoid and bizarre thoughts, an antipsychotic works best and those can work quickly, or not.. depending on the person and the severity of the episode... if that's what you're experiencing. some people can have a reduction in psychotic symptoms in like a day or a week, some more like a month... lots of factors.

no it's not hard to believe, but neither is it easy to believe for reasons you would be fully aware of.

timestamp your graduate degree with pertinent information blanked out if you want to be taken seriously.

i would highly suggest at least calling your prescribing doctor's nurse and asking for an appointment as soon as possible to discuss your distressing symptoms that you left out last time. if you're feeling suicidal because of this stuff... then you NEED to tell your doctor about it or you will only be prolonging your current state and possibly making it worse because this shit tends to get worse when untreated or improperly treated.

well, if i blank out my info on my graduate degree (which is actually on the wall of my practice, not at home with me) how would you verify it's mine?
also, considering we're anonymoose here, how would you verify even if i left it?
i could print out any grad degree by doing a google search, blank it out and timestamp it, you would be none the wiser

dealing with paranoid people on a daily basis does have it's perks

my demonic servants would show me the truth of the matter by digesting the vibrations in the pixels, that's how.

arguing that you're really a shrink without acting like one won't get you very far and seems a bit too try-hard for the real deal. you're trying to hi-jack a dude's thread.