"Sergeant Farell, you're an American"
"No Sir, I'm from Kentucky"

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=a-3WAhbulFs
youtube.com/watch?v=EfFiwTBE_r4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Have you ever been to kentucky?

Some Americans identify more with their home state than the union. Sort of like how some Europeans identify as "French" or "German" instead of European.

Prior to the Civil War, the U.S. were a relatively loose/weak union, and people tended to identify with their state rather than the union as a whole. This changed drastically in the latter half of the 19th Century, but some people still have a sense of state or regional pride.

It's a joke about how Burgers don't even know their own geography

No because i am not a faggot American.
Makes sense.

this, it varies from state to state I think

I live in Texas and it's quite common for people to consider themselves Texans first and Americans second

>foreigner
>not a faggot
kek

It's particularly strong in Texas because of your unique history. I think California has something similar going on.

that was a fun movie

Kentucky, Virginia, Vermont and Texas are the most guilty of this.

I'd put California up there as well, though not in the same defiant way as southern states.

Virginia here. This is true. Star and bars on every other house.

Californians definitely have a shit ton of state pride but it's not entirely the same. It's hard to explain.

He means he's an anti-American lowlife traitor

It seems to me that Texas' identity comes from all of the events that led to their statehood, whereas California's identity came into being after its admission into the Union.

Texas
>fought for independence from mexico, had a few years as a sovereign country

California
>served as a sort of "promised land" for western settlers, idea was "come out here and do what you want"

the great kekxit of 2017

Virginia here. Stars and Bars on one house in 10,000, in the mountains maybe 1-1000. Stars and Stripes on every other house.

New Yorkers [city] are even worse.

Get 20 minutes outside of NOVA, the beach or Richmond

kek
stoopid euros

You're lying to Yuros right now.

Kentucky was a Union state.

Where did I say otherwise?

Kentuckians are proud supporters of the Union of the United States of America.

They don't care about "regional pride." Fuck poop.

Texas forever

They are now, sure.
Prior to 1861, few people were, regardless of their state.
The character OP is referring to clearly cared about state pride.

Florence here

When will we USExit polls happen?

The South will rise again!

Idiot

That's a shit poor analogy considering countries are actual countries, hence nationality.... jesus, you're dumb.

Virginia and Texas are pretty much tied. More than once I've heard people say they're from "the Commonwealth of Virginia". I kinda like it.

>When will we USExit polls happen?

Probably when the petrodollar crashes and World War 3 starts.

means he's a civil war throw out . his side lost the civil war, but he is unwilling to accept it even though he is in the service.

You are aware that Pennsylvania and Kentucky are commonwealths as well, right?

>Kentucky army guy
>isnt named sanders
>isnt a colonel

Can confirm. I was taught to sing Dixie and Bonnie Blue Flag before Star Spangled Banner.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=a-3WAhbulFs

I'm from California, and I know exactly how this is.

More like I'm Sicilian not Italian

All I can think of is Ken Burns' civil war.

Also
>Implying it's not the flag of the West Florida Republic.

Edge of Tomorrow was weird in how its tone changed throughout the film.

I really enjoyed when Tom Cruise kept dying at the start though, before he started training.

Original comic is worth reading too.

>singing anti-American songs
Don't sing Star Spangled Banner at all. You don't deserve to.

Col. Sanders was actually raised in Indiana.

kentucky was a divided state. i had people in my family that fought on both sides.

Union state. If you had traitors in your shit bloodline I'm sorry. I'm sorry you didn't get executed like the traitorous scum you were.

I wish Sherman would have finished the job and executed every single last white southern slaveholding man and married your wives to nblack people.

You deserved it.

>Col. Sanders was actually raised in Indiana.
You don't have to be a Kentucky native to be honored as a Kentucky Colonel; you just have to make a significant contribution to the Commonwealth.

here you go

There's a reason Lincoln suspended habeus corpus in your backstabbing state.

I'm aware. My Indiana-born great-grandmother was a Kentucky Colonel.

Ha. Yeah, real edgy to execute openly declared rebels and traitors to the United States.

Shut up lolbertarian. Grownups are talking.

Wew lad. He's just memeing

jim carreys best role imo

States are pretty much countries. They have their own laws, their own economies, their own diplomatic relations with other actual countries, and even their own militaries.

Thats why we call them pennsyltucky

>this is what Southerners believe

I'm from the northwest and am for a strong federal government. Doesn't mean I ignore the technical system.

I'm also for a stronger EU and stronger UN. Borders are dumb, let's get rid of them.

To supplement to this, before the Civil War, the United States was referred to in the plural sense (ex. "These United States") in newspapers, books, etc

After the Civil War, it gradually became more common to refer to it in the singular form (The United States), correlating with an increase in Federal power at the expense of State power.

>Sort of like how some Europeans identify as "French" or "German" instead of European.
>some

More like all of them except for a tiny percentage of eurofederalists. Basically the exact opposite of the situation in the US.

People from Kentucky are... Odd.

There were a couple of pilots in the Kentucky air guard that would fly so close so they could try to kick or punch Iraqis on roofs.

fuck you nu-male.

secessionist cucks trying to get away with murder as usual

Kentucky is a shit state objectively but I've always felt much more proud to be a Kentuckian than an American.
I don't really know why.

STATES RIGHT ALL DAY EVERY DAY

GET FUCKED FEDERALS

What's it like knowing that Louisville has more to do economically with Indiana than the rest of your "Commonwealth?"

t. Southern Indiana

Ever heard of duel sovereignty? When America was first founded we had a weaker central goverment than EU has now. Even after the constitution replaced the articles of confederation.

De juris. States are still sovereign nations but it's not

De facto not so mucn

Lol. Yeah. Nu-males eat meat and own guns.

I can't wait for the 2nd Civil War. I'm going to do what my great great great grandfather did and Sherman the shit out of you redneck sisterfucking shitbirds. I'm going to give all your women to niblack people and laugh.

Enjoy.

Feels like I don't give a shit about Louisville because it doesn't feel like a Kentucky city anyway.

not that bad its just boring here nothing to see. but yeah i feel you. i'm more proud of more kentucky heritage (bloodline traced to Buford)

>No because i am not a faggot American.
Reported to the European Court of Human Rights for hate speech against homosexuals.

Not only are you wrong, you're a filthy globalist.

The majority of your army will be conscripted nu-males retard

Congratulation you have a gun hope you can compensate for people like pic related

lol yeah. your own blacks will fuck and rape you fucking northeners while our own blacks will fight with us. really don't care. majority of the military bases are in the south anyway and you northerners are too pussy to fight. we'll destroy the fuck out of you nu-males. we rednecks practice with our gun every other night while you pussies blog about your degree. we'll fucking destroy you

Heroin, meth, illiteracy and abuse make it actively bad. Not to mention we've destroyed a fuckload of our natural landscape with mining and mountaintop removal.
It's definitely one of the prettiest states though. Every city has plenty of greenery (unless you're in faggot Louisville) and you can usually drive for about 10 minutes and be at a farm.

Enjoy your ramshackle tin huts, Cletus. Maybe you can go watch the Wildcats in that big ol city, Lexington.

You said the same thing during the first civil war.

Once again we have the population. We have the materiel. We have the manufacturing.

You're fucking toast. And this time, no mercy. Executions for the lot of you and we'll marry your women to the niblacks. Everything you lied about happening for 150 years--it's going to come true.

Lexington's p chill senpai
Metropolitan areas>Urban areas

youtube.com/watch?v=EfFiwTBE_r4

>Feels like I don't give a shit about Louisville because it doesn't feel like a Kentucky city anyway.
Yeah, except the only non-Louisvillian ideas people have about Kentucky are downtrodden miners and inbred moonshiners

We'll at the least it'll be nice to kill yall almost 3:1 again.

I'm proud of our moonshining history. It's one of the more interesting aspects of American history of that period.
And I'd say we're known for bluegrass at least as much as mining and bluegrass is the shit.

He meant FUCK the union.

Especially today since it's a beta male, feminist, faggot, foreigner loving shithole.

>Sherman's March 2.0
>napalm
>white phosphorous

The fire rises brother

Cull the weak. I don't care. It only makes the NWO stronger.

Except people in California claim to be LGBT first, Progressive Liberals second, Mexicans third, Californians fourth, Earthicans fifth, Womynists sixth, and Americans seventh.

This time instead of trying to fight a conventional fight, they'll likely just infiltrate your urban shitholes and murder your shitty "leaders" until they decide it's easier to just give the south what they want.

THERMITE PAINT.

OH YEAH, WELL, YOU TAKE THAT TACK
I WAS THERE, I WAS A NAVY SEAL
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

BILL PAXTON

SEE YOU LATER, TOUGH GUY

THERMITE PAINT

Yeah because last time they went for a "conventional" fight.

Kek. You eat that "War of Northern Aggression" shit up on your compound, don't you jethro? Just like your dad's semen out of your sister's cunt.

>get wrecked
>whine about how hard you got buttreamed for 150 years
....b...b.b.but!!!.but! We didn't actually get assraped! South iz strong bcuz...

Bluegrass IS the shit, but it's as much a Tennessee thing as it is a Kentucky thing.

Best part of that whole movie was my delicious waifu all sweaty in push-up position.

Eh that's debatable. People know Tennessee for honky tonk. Nobody that I've ever heard associates it with bluegrass.
If you're talking about the history I don't know as much as I should so you may be right, but I know bluegrass came out of Old-Time and Kentucky sure as shit had that in spades.

you're waifu a shit

>Florence y'all!

You left out dehydrated and flammable

I grew up like 30 minutes from this fucking thing and it's one of the only good things about northern kentucky

Lexington is for inbred Appalachian hillbilly scum who want to simulate being in a real city. Louisville is for civilized people.

Nucka, you tripping.

lol there's literally nothing to do in here and everyone i knew contemplated jumping from there. even me

I don't even want to touch on the implication that Louisville is civilized

southerners are unpatriotic dipshits who brand rebel flags and call northerners unpatriotic

that's not even remotely true. The states gave up all foreign relations to the federal government even before the Constitution, and stopped using individual currencies a few years later when the feds offered to buy up their debt if they they accepted the US dollar.

Nowadays, US federalism isn't that different from European or Canadian federalism. In fact you can argue that Quebec or Catalunya are closer to actual countries than any US state, both politically and culturally