King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard Discussion

Seriously, though. These guys have had three amazing albums back to back. Favorite band right now-- Why no /mu recognition?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rFggYfGwgow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=rFggYfGwgow

proof

I love everything they have put out so far. Solid guys.

King Gizzard suck dick. Tame Impala is much better.

Another band that sucks major cock is Animal Collective.

I think Tame Impala is better than most rappers like Danny Brown, MC Ride, Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West, etc.

In fact I don't even think hip hop is a good genre.

Also something else, I think Tame Impala is as influential as The Beatles, they're just not as successful

please explain why you believe this

pretty forgettable, i think the last one was A LOT better

I like King Giz but stop fucking soamming these fucking circle jerk threads every day holy shit

jagsguy.gif

This album isn't that good, Nonagon Infinity was GOAT though.

I wish I bought that record instead.

>Why no /mu recognition?

We have this exact same thread at least twice a day. I'd say that counts as recognition.

It's a good album. Gotta give it a few more listens before I can say if this is better than Nonagon.

You've got to be kidding

Didn't this record cost like $50?

Yes. Yes it did.

And I regret every dollar.

Rattlesnake and Open Water KICK ASS. Love their last couple records. Good psych rock jam sessions, senpai.

Anybody else feel like theyre a bit derivative of Thee Oh Sees?

No that's TY Segall

they are open about this and released a record on dwyer's label

ty segall sounds nothing like thee oh sees, he bites trex

I adore their discography, always have. Quarters!, Nonagon and FMB are definitely my favorites of theirs.

King Gizz & the Lizz Wizz are bullshit.
They're the Toyota Prius of music. They write one riff and get an album's worth of mileage out of it.
Super economical but super fucking boring.
This is straight up the dumbest thing i've ever seen. Ty/Thee Oh Sees have way less in common that KGALW and John Dwyer

Why was it so expensive?

Because it's blue, yellow, and green, which probably adds to the price.

i like the ideas of album
but each track seem have one idea or two and just stretch for while
without the develop of idea to new idea
were the microtonals really comprehend for explore or were the microtonals only demonstrate as object
this is a concern

I've gotten multi colored records from Castle Face before and they were like $20 new

I don't know much about vinyl so I was just trying to help lmao.

Oh okay. Sorry if I came off like a dick. I don't know anything about vinyl either. I feel like they charged so much cause they knew people'd eat it up

It's one of the most obvious trolls I've seen in months

Nah, it's fine

Not a very thoughtful comment admittedly, but it seems like Sup Forums doesn't like contemporary garage rock in general.
Gizzard, Ty, Thee Oh Sees, etc. all have small followings, but there always that: just small collectives of fans that probably overlap significantly. Then you always have a contingent that just wants to shit all over them.

For the record I'm a big fan of all three and the new garage rock movement in general.

Don't regret it user, you're supporting an artist you like. Also I'm surprised you didn't like it. I think it's their 2nd best album.

Thee Oh Sees and Ty have pretty big followings. Thee Oh Sees were in an episode of Break Bad.

Do you mean amongst the public or on Sup Forums? I'm talking about the latter.

Also I'm not sure their inclusion in the Breaking Bad soundtrack necessarily suggests Thee Oh Sees have a large public following or are "mainstream" in any way. I recall that show having a pretty cool and relatively obscure music selection, e.g., Golden Arrow by Timber Timbre, DLZ by TV on the Radio

In the general public people know Thee Oh Sees. They come on at parties I go to somewhat frequently.

Dude, take me with you to these fucking parties.
Whereabouts do you live if you don't mind my asking? Even the "hip" people around me in eastern PA have basically embraced top 40 and trap rap as the new indie by now. Thanks p4k.

Don't get me wrong 99% of it is trap but Thee Oh Sees'll sometimes come on for a song. I live in Alabama.

Fair enough. You probably have it much worse than I do as far as the trap goes...
Anyway, my initial point was that most of Sup Forums either doesn't give a shit about new garage rock or shits on it. Is that fair to say?

There's undoubtedly an abundance of moments in Gizzard's discography that is clear Thee Oh Sees imitation, like essentially the entire first half of Mind Fuzz and a few tracks from the newest album.
But they deserve credit for taking that basic Thee Oh Sees sound and stretching it in a lot of interesting and ambitious directions. And I think Stu has a better sense of melody than Dwyer.

It's always seemed like there was a lot of Gizzard fans to me but yeah i'd agree with you