Sup Forums covers David Bowie

After the success of our 50-song Beatles cover album, it is time to offically begin the Bowie project.

Beatles album can be found here:
>hangingdong.bandcamp.com/album/covers-the-beatles
>mega.nz/#!ilcBALAS!uuHiWZe9pcZhgEu2E1Z3nhX4fkhYxJfAMvfOaxCAczE
>youtube.com/watch?v=3C5g69o5X_I
>rateyourmusic.com/release/album/hanging-dong/covers-the-beatles/

>IMPORTANT
After the clusterfuck that was the Beatles album, we are going to be using a different claiming method this time. Pick a song that you want to cover from the list below, and email me at [email protected] with a rough timescale for when you will be able to finish it. If you simply claim a song in the thread but don't email, it will be ignored. This is because dozens of people drifted into the Beatles claiming thread, claimed a song, and then vanished forever. When songs are finished, they should be sent via email, not posted in the thread. This keeps an element of mystery about the final product.

Submission rules can be found in the first reply

THE SONG LIST:

No meme arrow signifies available
1 meme arrow signifies claimed
2 meme arrows signifies delivered

The Laughing Gnome
>Space Oddity
The Width Of A Circle
>The Man Who Sold The World
Changes
Oh! You Pretty Things
Life On Mars?
Quicksand
Queen Bitch
The Bewlay Brothers
Five Years
Moonage Daydream
Starman
Lady Stardust
Ziggy Stardust
Suffragette City
Rock 'N' Roll Suicide
Aladdin Sane
Drive-In Saturday
Cracked Actor
The Jean Genie
Lady Grinning Soul
Future Legend / Diamond Dogs
Sweet Thing suite
Rebel Rebel
Young Americans
Win
Fame
Station To Station
>Golden Years
Wild Is The Wind
Sound And Vision
Always Crashing In The Same Car
Warszawa
Weeping Wall
Beauty And The Beast
Heroes
Black Out
The Secret Life Of Arabia
African Night Flight
>Scary Monsters
Ashes To Ashes
Teenage Wildlife
Let's Dance
Strangers When We Meet
Slow Burn
Bring Me The Disco King
Where Are We Now?
Blackstar
Lazarus

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S61644421
vocaroo.com/i/s1V6vZHUj8vH
vocaroo.com/i/s1RxU7MHxRU3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rules for submissions:

>IF YOU CAN'T SING, ASK SOMEONE ELSE IN THE THREAD TO! Really want to push for strong vocals throughout on this project, so don't feel like you have to sing on your track if you don't feel comfortable doing so. There are plenty of good singers on this board who can help you out.

>This is a fairly serious project, and there will be quality control. Harsh noise won't be accepted, because fuck that shit. Please don't make your covers memey, I know there were a few on the Beatles one like that but I want this one to be a bit more serious.

>Poor audio quality will be rejected. By that I mean something like heavy background fuzz, don't worry if your recording equipment is not professional standard. Just listen to the Beatles album for acceptable sound quality.
>Don't send me guerilla mail. I prefer if submissions are wav files but I don't mind converting them myself.

>It has to be an actual cover of the song, not just you saying "We can be heroes" into the mic once and then playing unrelated music you wrote yourself for 5 minutes. Reinterpretations are very welcome though, see Day Tripper or Paperback Writer from the Beatles album as examples.

>Collabs are also welcome, if you need someone to play bass or drums or whatever for you, just ask in the thread. People collaborated numerous times on the last album to great success.

Yo, Teenage Wildlife guy here.
You replied to my request to include the song with "all yours senpai", does that mean I've already got dibs on the song?

If so, what would be the longest you'd be willing to wait on it?

Sorry lad my bad, only just sent that email so forgot to tick that off the list. Just let me know when you think you can finish it by, no rush.

CH-CH-CH-CH-CHANGES

I was wondering if this was still happening

can we request to replace/add songs that are good that you overlooked?

Rebel Rebel now claimed

I'll consider them if you email me your suggestion, no guarantees though. This list was compiled using the suggestions of quite a lot of anons in previous threads already, and there are only a few I'm willing to replace

Would LOVE to do Blackstar if I had my recording shit with me

How do I claim a song, and when is the deadline to submit?

Via email ([email protected]) and there is no deadline, just let me know roughly when you can get it done by.

*deletes Something*

Bad songs are important for the album flow

alright, I was gonna suggest loving the alien. I will claim something though (probably five years or sound and vision)

Will post updated song list with newly claimed ones every now and then so people can keep up. Sound and Vision has just been claimed so that you all know

*deletes Help*

Okay Here, if sound and vision is claimed I'll do five years

Lazarus claimed

Send me en email if you can lad, unfortunately we're needing to do it this way because so many people claimed Beatles songs in the threads but then disappeared and I had no way of asking them for updates. It led to a lot of delays in the final release

you people are not worthy desu

>no fun allowed

finally a real artist to cover, unlike the cucktles

(You)

Can I request more than one song?

The album cover has to include meme school

Quite a few anons did more than one song for the Beatles cover album and that is allowed again this time, but I think we should stick to claiming one song at a time so that people don't just claim all the good ones at once. Once you submit one you're free to claim another

I'm so tempted to try and make blackstar but i don't have much time anymore to work on music plus i'd need to find a singer

>plus i'd need to find a singer
Wouldn't be a problem, I have loads of good singers on call over email who are willing to help with this project

Whomstever does Laughing Gnome better do it justice

>11011
dang

Don't think I have the time to do something more interesting than a white girl guitar cover. Hope this works out, these Sup Forums sings things always produce one or two gems.

So, uh, I made this

IN THE VILLA OF ORMEN

kek

How is Blackstar so fucking good guys? The song I mean

Wait a second, bowie's most famous song isn't there.

Why is there so little from the 90s, my man?

80s I can somewhat understand, but the 90s has a lot of underrated stuff.

Love this

>Queen

Gonna start working on the guitar part tonight for Scary Monsters. Might take a while, will keep you posted.

inb4 Fripp traces your IP and sues you

i'll be waiting with my ticket stubs and legally owned albums

Amazing song.

I love it all from start to finish but especially the middle section where you get flashbacks of his early 70s output

please use this, dong

UPDATE

The Laughing Gnome
>Space Oddity
The Width Of A Circle
Changes
Oh! You Pretty Things
Life On Mars?
Quicksand
Queen Bitch
The Bewlay Brothers
Five Years
Moonage Daydream
Starman
Lady Stardust
Ziggy Stardust
Suffragette City
Rock 'N' Roll Suicide
Aladdin Sane
Drive-In Saturday
Cracked Actor
The Jean Genie
Lady Grinning Soul
Sweet Thing suite
>Rebel Rebel
Young Americans
Win
>Fame
Station To Station
>Golden Years
Wild Is The Wind
>Sound And Vision
Warszawa
Weeping Wall
Beauty And The Beast
Heroes
Black Out
African Night Flight
>Scary Monsters
Ashes To Ashes
>Teenage Wildlife
Let's Dance
Strangers When We Meet
Slow Burn
Bring Me The Disco King
Where Are We Now?
Blackstar
>Lazarus

Very good lad. I'm knocking around a few ideas for album art, this is a definite contender. Will definitely include it in the download or as the EP art or something at the very least

True, there are underrated songs from the 90s, but they still don't match his 70s work for me. Remember I based the track list off dozens of suggestions I got from emails too. If people want to suggest 90s songs I'm not opposed to fitting them in but I can't guarantee it either

One of his greatest ever songs for sure. Whoever claims it, please be really really fucking good. Or I'll be very disappointed. Same applies to Station To Station, my favourite Bowie song

>claim album closer
>start feeling the pressure

I'm toying with the idea of rearranging the song order based on how the submissions sound, to try and get a better flow. Might put Lazarus last anyway for symbolic purposes but it's not definite

laughing gnome should be the closer, obviously

>David Bowie is still dead
I want off this ride

next Sup Forums will cover Holland 1945 in 50 different genre styles and we will finally transcend to the other worldly patrician realms

Looking at the sticky from when he died on the archive. Fuck that was an awful day.

>I'm not opposed to fitting them in but I can't guarantee it either
Well just a few suggestions: Dead Man Walking, Jump They Say or Looking for Lester could probably replace one of the Low tracks.

Surprised Weeping Wall is there but not Subterraneans. Just noticed that...huh...

>when the mods played Space Oddity

Link, please?

Help's the best track
pleb

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S61644421
>that post that everyone replies to with what board they came from

Whoever does Teenage Wildlife better do it fucking justice, same for Secret Life of Arabia

I don't think so mate, it was off, I feel like it doesn't belong in the album, it doesn't feel like help, its alien to anything in the album, I just hope there will not be tracks like that in this album.

It was shit my dude

Help is a good track but didn't really sound like it came from the album, while almost everyone tried to do a Lo-Fi Indie cover, the dude behind it tried to do some kind of Power Noise thing, overall the result was pretty solid even if it didn't fit

I was bored so I'm also fucking around with album art shit.

This is art

Changesbowie tier

I could sing pretty much any song from Ziggy Stardust, but I have absolutely zero instrumental skill. If anyone wants to collaborate on a song like Starman or Rock 'N' Roll Suicide or something, let me know.

I'M AN ALLIGATOR

My personal favorite from Ziggy Stardust. That and Suffragette City.

Is plunderphonics ok?
Not doing something half-assed, of course.

UPDATE

Meme arrow means claimed

The Laughing Gnome
>Space Oddity
The Width Of A Circle
Changes
Oh! You Pretty Things
>Life On Mars?
Quicksand
Queen Bitch
The Bewlay Brothers
Five Years
>Moonage Daydream
Starman
Lady Stardust
Ziggy Stardust
Suffragette City
Rock 'N' Roll Suicide
Aladdin Sane
Drive-In Saturday
Cracked Actor
The Jean Genie
Lady Grinning Soul
Sweet Thing suite
>Rebel Rebel
>Young Americans
Win
>Fame
Station To Station
>Golden Years
Wild Is The Wind
>Sound And Vision
Warszawa
Weeping Wall
Beauty And The Beast
>Heroes
>Sons Of The Silent Age
African Night Flight
>Scary Monsters
Ashes To Ashes
>Teenage Wildlife
Strangers When We Meet
>I'm Afraid Of Americans
Slow Burn
Bring Me The Disco King
Where Are We Now?
Blackstar
>Lazarus

Is there a ballpark of when all tracks need to be done? Is this like The Meme Friends where we're trying to get them all done fast or do we have a few days?

Uh maybe, samples might get us arse-fucked though like TDOP

No time limit. The Beatles album took a month and a half, and although I'd like this to be a lot quicker, there is no set deadline or anything. As long as you let me know a rough date you can get it done by over email when you claim a song, I don't mind.

nigga this is going to be awhile

I usually fuck with my samples so much they are unrecognizable. The only thing that would probably stay the same would be his voice.

I'm 100% for a The Next Day based cover.

>What TND cover should have been

After this, we'll do The Beach Boys, right?

RIGHT?

Putting my trip back on to claim Blackstar

no the Gerogerigegege is next

HAHA YOU IDIOT YOU GOTTA EMAIL HIM

Pretty cool

I'd rather someone sings the vocals than lift Bowie's own vocals

Not decided yet, but there's no need to wait for me. If people wanna make a Beach Boys album they're free to start a thread, could be pretty good

KYS fucking imposter's. I'll grab Space oddity please Dong.

>Blaise qZFb79G0q6
epic

What about sampling his voice in one song to make him sing something else?
I'm really good at that thanks to years of [spoiler]youtube poops[/spoiler]

:^)

I guess it could work, but for one it sounds like it would be a bit too silly, and also it loses some of the "Sup Forums covers" theme

Spoilers don't work on Sup Forums

Sean Paul cover album next, right?

>Spoilers don't work on Sup Forums
It's the ">implication" of the spoiler

Eat a dick homo

Memes aside I'm not sure about another covers album directly after this Bowie one. I'd like to a shorter album of original compositions again at some point, like the old days and any other Sup Forums makes an album project. I definitely wanna keep doing covers albums in the future but I'd like some normal albums in between them too

Well I could always grab a guitar and sing a song, but I don't feel it would be a proper homge to david. Ziggy played guitar, I do my thing, and my thing is quasi granular sampling

I'm too used to ctrl+s

Space Oddity is taken mate

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

vocaroo.com/i/s1V6vZHUj8vH

What would drive a person to do this??

JUSSGIMMEDALIIIIGGHTT

vampirism

WELL WOMAN THE WAY TIME COLD I WANNA BE KEEPIN YOU WARM
I GOT THE RIGHT TEMPERATURE FI SHELTER YOU FROM THE STORM

tune

I'll get started on the track tomorrow morning.
Gonna take my time with it because I really want it to turn out well and its the first time I've committed myself to a project of this scope.

vocaroo.com/i/s1RxU7MHxRU3