Maybe this is a Sup Forums topic or whatever...

Maybe this is a Sup Forums topic or whatever, but post your PC specs an others make comments on what they think you could do top improve them.

What I currently have on the lists is, moving the reservoir back and adding another 140mm filtered intake fan to the bottom of the case, just got an EK gpu waterblock in the mail, waiting for fittings. At some point down the road going to get a 1440p monitor when I feel like spending the money on it

OP's speccy stuff

Talk about excessive; there is no way your setup needs more airflow. Why do people wanna blow more and more air thru their case like it's gonna make their comp faster?

I'm more just trying to get positive case pressure, right now I have 1x140mm exhaust and 3x120mm through the rad with only 2x140mm intake

1. Do you have a means of controlling the fans? If so, drop the RPM on the rad and rear exhaust; you can surely spare it with all that capacity.

2. You oughtta seal up all that open mesh regardless, especially on the top panel. You've got a lot of rogue air paths right now and that surely ain't helping ya

I can probably find a way to set their runs speeds, as for filtering the 2 fron intake have their own filters, the exhaust fans do not. Although the case has it's own magnetic top air filter

not top but its decent

What case are you using?

lol no one can beat my machine. stay mad poorfags

Corsair 750D

Cooler Master, Master Case 5 Pro

I was mainly referring to the huge space above the rear exhaust, and the expansion slots. You really don't need/want any filters/obstructions over the exhaust fans since that will only drop their cfm

256gb Samsung 850 Pro
2tb WD Caviar Black
neither are in on this snap

I like it, I think you should tear it down.
Paint the case Artic White, Change the coolant to an aqua clear color. Use Blue Cosair LED Fans
Install GFX card Block. And install a white LED strip in there

How do you find the 970 on the dual monitor setup?

It's OK for the most part. Bit lacking in "oomph" but it's a solid platform.

What it looks like "pc spec"

got this wild MB temp, lol. prob just a faulty sensor cause everything else is nice and chilly in there

I find motherboard temp sensors in ASUS mobo's are all faulty and give false reading with speccy for some reason.

5820 nice

Dude, you're bottlenecking the fuck outta that GTX 1080.Only a 1080p monitor? GTFO.

yeah, just checked with corsair link and both mobo sensors are around 28/29

Scared the piss out of me the first time when I opened HWMonitor and seen a 230 something reading for motherboard. Good times lol

I am getting a new pc soon, was thinking about building it myself, any advice? my budget is 700-800

Reference my original post.

Definitely build it you'll get way more bang for the buck, plus far more4 customisable down the road. Lots of vids online to aid you in building, plus in the last few years pc's have become so much easier to put together. The software side is far more painstaking than the building.

I wish my cables looked that tidy.

Got myself a Corsair 750D case so there's really no excuse

14 GB of triple channel ram...how the fuck?

3x2gb
2x4gb
They're same frequency and voltage so I'm not worried

Almost everyone has an optical drive, I haven't had one in years and never miss/need it. What do y'all use them for these days?

I have a USB optical drive i only use it once a year

In this case it seems uneeded as his system is running pretty cool, but as a general rule, better cooling literally makes your CPU faster. CPUs begin to throttle themselves when they heat up so they don't melt.

That's odd i was under the impression that you needed 3 or 6 dimms for triple channel, not 5.

Op here, I have mine just for watching blurays, I hate how it fucks with the lines and panelling of my case though.

and I don't want to DL them filling my hard drive with that much shit

true about the throttling, but running a 3 fan liquid setup, an additional intake fan isn't gonna do much. Honestly, for thiss guy's setup, he'd be better turning that rear fan around to blow fresh cool air right in front of the radiator blowers

Personally i use mine mostly for ripping cheap 2nd hand DVDs to my NAS.
You can find very cheap 2nd hand dvds from amazon of movies or tv shows that are near impossible to find to download illegally or criminally expensive to download legally. And fuck streaming.

yeah i've got a mini itx corsair case just like that one and i love the clean look w/o optical

You don't have to fill them all up.
speccy is probably getting confused as they're all Corsair, ddr3, 1600mhz, 1.5v

It probably is unneeded, but right now I have the 2 front intake 140mm fans, which with the way the case is designed I don't think perform nearly as well as they could for airflow, not like the 750D Airflow version, combined with the 3x120mm Sp fans on the rad and the 140mm rear exhaust, I thought adding another airflow 140mm fan at the bottom of the case would help to improve positive pressure in the case while hopefully pushing hot air to the top of the case. Also because I'm soon adding a cooling block to the gpu, there won't be a whole lot of fans to push air over the mobo circuitry, I was thinking maybe it'd help.

Is linux any good?

295x2 still running everything like a champ

My current PC is trash but I'm doing a full upgrade next week when I get my black friday purchases

r8 it m8

Logicalincrements.com

because it makes it faster

I had an AMD 965BE before I upgraded to my i7-4790k, t was a good processor, I'm considering building a secondary pc with any parts I have leftover and i'll be using it

>topic

got a crazy deal on
i7 3930k LGA2011 3.2-3.8ghz "12mb cache" 6/12 core/thread 130 watts
for 100$

now I'm fuckekd cuz the motherboards are all 500+

Have you taken the brown pill yet, mateys?

it's a tough pill to swallow! The brown pill was founded in 1999 by Sir Reginald Brownpill.

Forget red and blue pills, brown pills are the way of the future.

Video related. Please leave your questions, comments, and concerns below about this radical new paradigm of thinking!

Swallow the brown pill today! Red pills are for fedora fucking wearing faggots, blue pills are for the ignorant masses. Ignore the other le epin Sup Forums maymays, this one is the readl deal.

Yeah might have bite the bullet on that one, it should last you quite a while though

Mental problem cocktail pls go

I'm not on my main rig atm but here are its specs:
Mobo: Z170-A (Asus)
CPU: i5-6600K (w/ Cryorig H7)
GPU: 980Ti (Gigabyte)
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3GHz (G.Skill Ripjaws)
SSD: 250GB M.2 (Samsung 850 EVO)
HDD: 1TB (WD Blue)
PSU: RM750 (Corsair)
Monitor: 1080p 144Hz (AOC G2460PG)

I got another 500GB SSD coming in (750 EVO) because I ran out of space. Other than that I think this system will last me a good while

How is your graphic card so small? Is this a special order one?
>713109507

Laptop, here... about a year old or so. I figure another year and I'll invest in a good desktop, but I work in IT and need to be mobile. This laptop cost about $2700 when all the specs were top-of-line.

rear exhaust turned intake will blow directly over mobo and provide fresh air to radiator fans, thats the way i'd go

is that an Enthoo luxe I see?

Oh cool, that's actually a pretty good idea, would bring cool air straight to the rad too

nvm you already said the rad thing, am a little buzzed, I like that idea though

spend money on your GPU first and foremost.
dont worry so much about your processor, any skylake haswell or future kaby lake i5 processor will do. dont get an unlocked CPU either. just worry about getting your mother board, and GPU first things first. you want to spend the most you can on a good GPU then build from there.

My rig

The innards

i'll never understand these giant heatsinks instead of liquid

By laptop standards, yours is still quite a beast!

need sound card so bad. audio is so dull compared to my phone

gtx 750 ti works for me tho

mobile processor in a desktop??

never had an issue with my 750ti handling what i throw at it

Because you set everything to the lowest possible setting...

How about you watercool what matters most first. Like your GPU? The temps on that are most likely more important.

With NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M, Logitech wireless trackball, 512GB solid state drive, 1TB HDD.

No optical drive, though.

Similar to mine, @. I paid more, though...

i7 6700k
gtx 970
asus z170
16gb hyperx
2 500gb ssd

This is plenty power for what I enjoy/do. Also overkill in cpu regard but oh well. Would love to have a 1080 in there running 4k monitor at 144hz. If that even have those yet? Thats probably the only way I'll upgrade is when they start mainstreaming 144hz.

Also I didn't even read that your gpu waterblock just came in the mail so disregard my last post lol

too lazy to overclock

A 1080 can barely do 4k 50-60. Also 144hz 4k not available yet

ah ok thats what I figured which is why its pointless for me to upgrade yet :( I guess two 1080s would be able to push out 4k at 144hz but thats so much $$$. This 970 should last a few iterations.

Oops, my ram is a bit underclocked

>i5-4590
>8gb ram
>2x 250gb samsung ssd in raid 0 for os and games
>2x 120gb samsung & intel from previous builds for random storage
>1x 3tb for downloads & music
>GTX 670
>headphones: Philips Fidelio X2
>amp: NAD C316BEE
>speakers: Tannoy Revolution DC6
Moving into a new place atm, gonna be a proper battlestation setup.

Case: cooler master silencio
Motherboard: azus z87-k lga 1150
Water cossair coolin h60
Processor: intel i5-4570 lga1150
GPU: gtx 760 2 go gddr5
8 Gb ram

X34 monitor is next on the list.

What about mine ?

>30Hz

Potato. I run Sup Forums on a literal potato and LAN cable.

HOLY PC BATMAN

Gets the job done.

Risk, lack of experience

if I paid 2k for my first real computer I'd be hesitant to install a liquid pump

even a 650 can run shit on high kid

Did you buy the massdrop 1080 block?

Easy Aladeen

Building this next month, any recommendations? The budget is $800 I made the design last month prices dropped was originally at 78x or something.

that teeny motherboard :'o

30hz monitor when you have a modern PC, no bueno

yeah, please, i can run shit near max with 50fps +

>dual core 3.7

You can afford an 6-8 core

shit there are pre-built AMD systems that will kill your system for half the price