Thoughts on this album cover?

Let's discuss the most revolutionary album cover of all time.

>Starts a thread about an album cover
>Uses a 300x300 image

This one is better.

When I was a kid I thought the wax beatles on the left were real.

When I was a kid I had a dream about 69ing the neighbor girl, but I didn't know the difference between boys and girls yet so we were both sucking each others dicks

90% of these people are literally who's nowadays. Besides the incredibly obvious ones I only know Jung, Brando, Poe, and Huxley.

Wonder if things were different in terms of recognizability for the average person when this was first released.

What about Bob Dylan?

>Besides the incredibly obvious ones
Fab Four, Dylan, Monroe, Marx

Oh, my mistake. But you should read up on Aleister Crowley, he's the bald guy in the top left

had to look him up but yeah I've heard of him before. He's one of those things I've put off reading about actually.

>Stockhausen
>Poe
>Carl Jung
>Alberto Vargas
>Bob Dylan
>Aubrey Beardsley
>Aldous Huxley
>Dylan Thomas
>Terry Southern
>Dion DiMucci
>Wallace Berman
>Marilyn Monroe
>William S. Burroughs
>Stan Laurel
>Karl Marx
>H.G. Wells
>Marlon Brando
>Tom Mix
>Oscar Wilde
>George Bernard Shaw
>Lewis Carroll
>James Joyce
>Albert Einstein
>that dude who made Yoga popular in the West

>any of these guys not being among the most influential in their respective mediums

What?

LMAO

>filename

influential =! recognizable

Plus you pretty much fucking blatantly ignored what I had said in my post by including Poe, Jung, Dylan, Huxley, etc, etc. in that list I mean come the fuck on.

I feel Abbey Road has the more revolutionary cover because it's more refined and consequentially timeless, in the vein of something that could hypothetically be replicated today and still hold up.

Maybe not as "influential" as Sgt. Pepper's per se, but definitely ahead of its time.

Most of them aren't celebrities you dumbass. For example there's an Alberto Vargas pin-up in the album. Most people don't know the guy's name, but even to this day chances are that if you know what a pin-up girl is, the first kind that'll come to your head is probably one of his. Same with the dude who made Yoga popular in the western world. Most of the people I listed are at least easily recognizable from their works.

>Plus you pretty much fucking blatantly ignored what I had said in my post by including Poe, Jung, Dylan, Huxley, etc, etc. in that list I mean come the fuck on.
You named four people which followed saying that 90% of them are literally whos. The picture has about 60 people in it. Based on what you yourself are saying you yourself easily spotted out about 6 or 7 people and you didn't even mention someone like Einstein that the whole world knows of. Your numbers were far off as fuck.

wow nice thread derail

it's 20 yards of shit-filled pants

Who would make the modern cut of this album?

me

The story goes that they had every Beatle make a list of people they wanted included on the album cover. George's list was nothing but spiritual gurus. John's list only had Gandhi, Jesus, and Hitler. I've never heard of what Paul and Ringo had on their lists, but I guess they were the ones the album cover was made out of. And since they're the only Beatles still alive, they'd probably just choose the same people they chose back then.

surely they've met or have been made aware of figures more worthy of being on there in the nearly 50 fucking years since that album's been released

Like who? Your mom?

Like, uhm, there's 50 entire years of history between 1967 and now. To put things in perspective that's 8 Presidents.

I got bored and made this a while back. I'm really shit at photoshop, Jesus Christ.
Background was the Kid A cover but it's barely recognizable in this, ah well.

My shit made a better cover

yeah put fucking George W Bush on the cover and Bill Clinton getting sucked off by Monica Lewinsky next to your mom

Nice story, I found it very relatable.