"By the way your majesty, I confirmed that rumor you had me look into...

>"By the way your majesty, I confirmed that rumor you had me look into. There indeed exists a literal deus ex machina button beneath the Sept of Balor. Should you press it in two episodes' time, it will instantly erase all of your problems at once.

What did he mean by this?

Qyburns awesome. Fuck you.

I'm totally ok with this. It's fine that there's a bunch of barrels of wildfire on the dungeons left by the Mad King and Cersei uses them at the proper place and time.

The real problem is they spoiled this with Bran's vision so we all saw this coming.

Why is the bumbling police chief from Endeavour wearing robes?

I don't think anyone other than me will get that user but well done anyway

This has been pretty much known since season 3

If you've missed the references to Aerys' leftover wildfire caches over the city since season 2 and the repeated foreshadowing of Cersei burning things down its a problem with your attention span and memory, not a deus ex machina.

idgaf, it looked cool and ended the retarded sparrow storyline

can't wait to see cersei's cunt ripped open by drogon in S7E1's cold open

>literal deus ex machina

How about you learn what buzzwords mean before spouting off with them.

The wildfire under the Sept has been set up since the bath scene with Jaime and Brienne. Cersei has mentioned burning her enemies multiple times.

It's not a deus ex machina, it's been set up and foreshadowed all along

>deus ex machine
please PASS your film studies class before posting on Sup Forums

This.
OP is a fucking retard. In the books the caches of wildfire have been mentioned since literally the first book.

It's less deus ex machina and more chekov's gun

foolish post

>it's an "op doesn't know what that word means" episode

>Literally the most foreshadowed event in the show
>Deus ex machina

Faggot

wow op is an idiot. well done. you should go to bed.

Didn't we learn in season 2 that Cersei was making wildfire, and that is when Tyrion took over and told the alchemist to make it for him?

>blow a candle its of putting out with your fingertips

L M F A O

he can't reach all three

And just like that the redditors quickly flock to their beloved shows defense

Well done op, well done

Who has the best claim to the Iron Throne not including John and Daenerys? That blacksmith apprentice we haven't seen in years?

whoever has the power to take the throne and keep it. seriously, the entire point of this show is that natural authority and divine right of kings is a meme. Power is derived from strength and loyalty from the subjects

The ONLY reason why Cersei was able to walk into that throne room and declare herself Queen of the Andals and the First Men is because no one who could stop her was left.

Bastards have no claim. Now that house Baratheon is dead I guess Dany has the best claim, but it'll be decided by who has the best army.

Right now it's Cersei

>These days, deus ex machina has the negative connotation of an utterly improbable, illogical or baseless plot twist

You're all really dumb. Doesn't matter if it was foreshadowed when the rules of what were established about the plot element are changed out of no where. The whole point of the caches was that they were the a mad man's idea and would have been a disaster. The whole point of WILDfire is that you're unleashing an uncontrollable inferno. But Cersie gets to use it as a precise bomb that only destroys the sept and doesn't spread to all of King's Landing. It was retarded and so are all of you hyperliteral autists calling me retarded. Sad for you guys.

no

Wew. Check out this damage control. You're a retard, kiddo. You have to live with this now.

though I will agree that wildfire is supposed to spread. I'm very interested to see how GRRM will handle this in the books. My guess is when this happens in the book it will burn the entire city. Hence the destroyed throne room and Jaime having to kill Cersei

>get BTFO
>r-r-redditors

Nah fuck off. Say something dumb and people will laugh at you

aww we hurt poor op-chan's feelings! it's ok op, we believe in you!

>you're a retard
>Btw I agree with what you're saying
wew

hey op
u mad?

You're still retarded for using the wrong terminology entirely

>gets BTFO for being a hyperliteral autist
>name calls without arguing back
sad

neutral third party here. you're definitely a redditor here for the game of reddit threads

It's still a deus ex machina that the sparrow was able to counter all of cersei's plots and just conveniently slips up when it matters the most.

If she was on trial why didn't they detain her?
Why didn't he do anything about Qyburn and the Mountain, both of whom were obvious real threats to them?

If you guys have trouble answering this you can always just pull up the tab you have open for r/asoiaf and look for answers there.

Preston you're embarrassing yourself

It actually does constitute a dues ex machina because, as you just admitted, they changed the rules on how wildfire works to suit the corner they'd written themselves into.

>If she was on trial why didn't they detain her?

Part of the agreement Cersei made with the High Sparrow was that if she made the walk of atonement, she would be allowed to return to the Red Keep until the day of her trial. The High Sparrow reneged on his deal and sent Lancel to detain Cersei back in episode 8, and the Mountain ripped a Sparrow's head off.

I will agree that the High Sparrow not caring about that at all was strange, but whatever it's not a big deal

Wasn't the whole reason that they couldn't just outright kill the high sparrow was because the people were rallying behind him? Cercei just aloha snackbared him and everyone else, and she just gets to become queen just like that after?

Cersei blew up the great sept of Baelor, killing every septon in the city, the entire faith militant and probably a dozen city blocks alongside hundreds if not thousands of smallfolk, I think the people know who's in charge and what happens if they don't obey her

I'm only agreeing with the fact the wild fire should have spread. Literally everything else you said is mentally deficient and you should jump out a window

Blow out the middle one
Use your fingers to put out the other two
Crisis averted

No but it's convenient that it only blew up the Sept when it was implied the caches were all over the city. She could have blown up all of King's Landing.

You know what I think will happen I think that your mother will quietly pull you aside and tell you that you're a cock lusting faggot and that you've always been a cock lusting faggot

>Does everything solely to protect her cubs
>Performs an action that will knowingly kill Tommen, either by him taking his own life or by somebody elses hands by making him look to be a conspirator in the explosion.

Literally what

from where di all that wildfire come i now the mad king stored that there but wasnt supposed to be the wildfire some ancient knowledge if the citadel and the maesters have that knowledge why only the mad king began production of such useful good in war

>loy
whos loyal to cersei