So?

So?

Other urls found in this thread:

math.utah.edu/~gustafso/2250systems-de.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

3 and 4 will tie

Sciencefag here. It'd be #1 because the laws of thermoaquadynamics.

doesn't this require solving a differential equation?

explain?

How fast is the water coming out.

Thermus aquaticus is a species of bacteria that can tolerate high temperatures, one of several thermophilic bacteria that belong to the Deinococcus–Thermus group. It is the source of the heat-resistant enzyme Taq DNA polymerase, one of the most important enzymes in molecular biology because of its use in the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) DNA amplification technique.

im calling bullshit. It depends on the water pressure. if you can fill up the first one faster than water can leak out, hey presto! btw bait....

1 and 4 simultaneously

/thread

3...but wont fill all the way to the top.

Both 3 and 4 will overflow first, at the same time.

On the other hand, if the faucet is flowing faster than the water can drain into 2, one will overflow first.

not a science fag per se but essentially the impact force of the spout cancels out the filling of the other tanks, basically 1 will fill first and fill the rest after.

Just crank the faucet wide open.

The fact it's even a question implies that the water's dripping incredibly slow.

Gravity carries the water straight past 1 & 2 because 1 & 2 can't be filled until the lower tanks 3 and 4 are full, and for 4 to even begin to fill, 3 has to entirely fill.

So, 3

None of them. It is actually a beer tap so there is no water.

This all depends on how fast the water is coming out. If its coming out fast enough then 1 would fill up because it's not draining as fast at its being filled.

But how can 1 fill first if the faucet is hot?

it matters how fast the waters flowing
if its going at a rate of over 9000 gallons per a nano second then one will fill first.
if the water is being shot at a Gorillion miles per an hour then it would break through box 1 and 3 then flow on the ground.
your question needs more information

I think 3.
Also won't the water have a lot of problems getting into 4?

1 and 2 will never fill because 3 and 4 will just overflow. 3 will fill first, then 4. Waterline in 2 will be stuck at 3 and 4's overflow point, 1 will constantly pour out.

Beer taps still follow the laws of thermoaquadynamics dumbass.

3 and 4 will overflow at the same time.

overflowing from the side of 1, it would flow into 4. Dumbass.

Wrong. Gorillion isn't a number dumbass.

assuming overflow and flow is faster than the release of water from the faucet and that it is like a clock cycle on a computer. 3&4 will tie and 1&2 will never fill

I don't believe beer is blue and I don't think beer taps look exactly like water faucets.

wrong

wrong again newfag

this

wrong

Nice b8 retard

also a science fag and calling bullhit on this as a general rule as we don't know shit about the proportions
IF the opening is really small compared to the tank you're correct,
if not - you're wrong

Assuming it is water at room temperature, "Full" means to the bottom of the upper hole in each cup, and is flowing as fast as it seems, 3 will fill first.

1 and 2 will empty as fast as they fill, 3 will not start draining into 4 until the water has reached the full mark (The bottom of the upper hole).

It was always 2

Agreed

This guy has it right

a gorrilion is 1 X 10 ^ a gorrilion
get your facts straight before you criticize the truth

Number 3, since I would be to assume the openings leading to other tanks would be large enough for water to pass through.

math.utah.edu/~gustafso/2250systems-de.pdf

4. With "what is basic plumbing " for 500.

If it's a slow stream it'll be 3
If it's a full blast stream it'll be 1.

Assuming full meant overflowing, or damn near, how would 3 be fuller than 4?

So a gorillion is a solution to X=10^X. There is a positive real number which does this. It is not very larhe either.

this whole thread is bait as 3 and 4 will fill up at the same time.
the water will rise in the pipe to 4 at the same speed as the water will rise in 3.

if the tanks were air tight then it might be different but even then there would be more questions to answer but as this stands.
3 and 4 will fill up together at the same speed but theoretically 3 will be filled up shortly before 4 because of the time it takes for the water to flow through the pipe to 4.

3 & 4 at the same time

no retard "a gorrilion" and "gorillion" is a totally different number

No because 4 only starts to fill after three is full.

d. There is not enough information to answer the question

This is the only valid answer.

3>4>2>1

Well first you still need to figure out how this is possible..pic related

You can see the pipe right in the picture...

not enough informations
>flow rate of spigot and max flow rates of pipes connecting reservoirs

but if we do some assuming
>faucet flow rate is less than the max flow rate of any connecting pipes
>all connecting pipes have the same max flow rate
then 3 and 4 will fill to overflowing at the same time
1 and 2 will never sill

>faucet flow rate is more than any connecting pipe's max flow rate
>all pipes have the same max flow rate
the reservoirs will fill in order, 1 then 2 then 3 then 4

if the max flow rates of the connecting pipes are not the same, then the only way to determine which reservoir fills first is to calculate tare flow rates for each reservoir and divide it by the size of the reservoir

Forced perspective; that flagpole "behind" it is what's holding it up.

Pipe inside the water column...

So where is it in the riddle then smart guy

Its either 3 or 3 and 4 depending on how you are defining full.

So where is it in the riddle smart guys

You can see the flow rate, because you can see the drips. The tanks are cilendars obviously

if the drips represent flow rate
then the flow rate is uneven
you would need to average the flow rate and then compare that to the other variables

Pipe is along the z axis, other side of the faucet.

still cant see velocity of drips so it could break box

found the troll

LETS BREAK THIS DOWN GUYS.
Let's get some ground rules down before fucking ourselves in the ass please.

GROUND RULES AND AAQ(Already Asked Questions):
1. what is "full"?
A: The very top of the roofless boxes; any of them.

2 Are we correct in assuming that the faucet is connected to an invisible, infinite source?
A: It's a matter of perspective. Personally, I think the 2d mass of blue should be the only water to fall out of the faucet that is detached from any water source, because it doesn't show any fucking tank of water or anything, but whatever. if you feel like accepting that then leave now, your question is answered I guess. But fuck that.

1. Differential equation?
A: Not unless you wanna get shiggy diggy with it, no.

2.Do we need the speed at which the water flows out of the faucet?
Let me answer your question with a question. The question I am asking is in the ground rules. otherwise, I think that it is safest to assume that an infinite flow of water is coming out of the faucet at the speed of GRAVITY- no extra pressure is put on it.
(nice trips btw)

3.beer taps dont use water(i guess?)
A: what a fag, leave the thread.

Let's All Laugh At These Faggots Section:

WRONG FULL IS NOT SUBJECTIVE THERE IS NO FUCKING CAP SO THERE IS NO NEED FOR A LIP

Ha-ha here's your (You).

SOLUTION TIME:
We are asssuming that an infinite amount of water is coming out of the faucet at room temp and with no extra pressure applied to gravity. It fills 1 and 1 is filled at the same rate it is expunged, as you can see the width of the faucet lip is equal to the width of the pipe. the same applies to 2, and it moves to 3, which then is filled while 4 is also simultaneously being filled.

skimmed your post, this was probably the most detailed answer in the thread that was correct.

but the real solution is that there isn't enough information.

What, The pipe should clearly be on the x axis

The lions, if they attack at night.

3 will fill first, then 4.

The others will never fill because fluid will pour over the tops of 3 and 4.

if you're so smart what's 2 + 2

You forgot that there is only one mug instead of two in the second to last line.

not science guy per se fag here, different from original poster.

But yeah I mean it seems very small compared to the tank.

> thermoaquadynamics

FRIENDLY PSA TO ALL OF THOSE WHO ARE SAYING ONLY THREE:

Go empty out a milk jug and start pouring water in it. see the handle of the jug? see how it goes up at the same rate as the rest of the jug?

Fill up the jug and then shove the whole thing in your ass.

after three is almost full. they become full at the same time.

Well no shit fool... With no "lip" and full being the absolute top, 3 and 4 will fill simultaneously but, 3 will still fill slightly before 4 since the water must flow from 3 to 4.
Therefore I am still right and you are still a drunk dumbass.

i can't see the handle because i'm blind please help

Retard

I suppose that would depend on how we define 'full'

4. :)

you are severely retarded. did you get a proper high school education?

I wrote
just for you two.

3 and 4

Autisms detected

Oh just shut the fuck up.

>4. :)
wrong it's 22 also
it's this :^) not :)

you are also autisms

how are you reading if you can't see.

I didn't say pour the milk in your vagina, I just said pour it out.

I define it right here:
wow what a relevant post nice contribution to our discussion :))

depends on how fast the tap pours

if it's on full shit then #1 will fill since the water is entering the tank faster than it's exiting and eventually will overflow

>how are you reading if you can't see.
faggots never heard of SpeakIt!

>how are you reading if you can't see.

Blind people use text to speech to use computers. There are probably blind people on Sup Forums right now.

Retards.

define the parameters better? I am actually correct, because you did not specify = or :

Are you really blind user? mildly suprised. what if someone hears this SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

3 and 4 at the same time.

This is assuming that the flow of water is the small droplets shown, results would be differnt if the flow exceeded the maximum flow between the pipes.
As the water raises in level with the pipe to two, the water will keep flowing into 2 until 2 is full

As the water raises to the pipe between 2 and 3, the water will flow from 2 and into 3 and not fill 2 until 3 is full.

As the water in 3 raises, the water in the vertical pipe will rise until it is level with the opening, now since the flowrate is small, 3 will stay level with the pipe, putting all excess water into 4 until 4 is now level with the pipe entrance.

Now for the biggie. Since 3 and 4 are now level via the pipe, these two tanks can now be thought of as the same tank. So now, any drop added to 3 will be shared with 4. so both will fill up at the same time.

doubtful. anyways, just get your seeing eye dog to do it for you lol :))))

>what if someone hears this
my ears get raped

wait a second how the fuck do you navigate posts fuckwit. I'm so dumb for not inherently seeing right through this shtick, wow. fuck you.

exactly he knows what's up
my dog is named Tyrone and he also types.
(pic related) :^)

nah trust me i'm totally blind how do you think i saw the original question :^)