GENIUS

GENIUS

are you fucking retarded OP?

He deserved Oscar but what does it have to do with music?

All hail. Life of Padre was amazing.

Father John Hipster

I like him, and I like the fact he left the ironic schtick in 2016. that shit isn't cool anymore.

im sure u know a lot about whats not COOL anymore lmao

hey now, his ironic facade was turning him into an asshole, he's dropped it.
also, i'm browsing Sup Forums, so i think we can both agree i'm pretty cool.

he was never being ironic lmao

he recorded a cover of Ryan Adam's cover of Taylor Swift in the style of velvet underground.

so it can't be possible he wanted to do that sincerely?

"The "monkey" he's speaking about is specified in an interview for No Depression as a wrong idea of oneself: "When I was in high school I wanted to be an obscure singer-songwriter. I really wanted to be one of those guys that nobody knew about, and in some weird way, I fulfilled that. It all makes perfect sense to me. I wanted to be like Townes Van Zandt, Nick Drake, or Gram Parsons. Somebody who was respected but unknown. That was the most romantic thing to me. Guys like Richard Buckner. And as I was doing those records, I felt like I was part of the club, and I got to meet some of those guys. It was like I got invited into the inner sanctum. I was really into it for a long time, but I just ran out of things to do in it. [...] At some point, I realized that in order to go where I needed to go, and where I wanted to creatively, I had to kill that mythology and I had to kill that idea. I said to myself "You are not "that", you are a man." You have to not want to be anyone else, or want to be "anything" else. You have to just be what you are. I realized that I am a smart-ass, and that I have always been a kind of smart-ass. So when I realized that, I realized that I had an obligation to start including my sense of humor and my actual, true, conversational voice in my music in order for it to be exclusive to me, and not to be just my best stab at trying to be a preexisting idea."[15]"

>dude everything must be taken at face value lmao

but hes still an asshole

"Don't preexist."

-Saint Joshua Misty

I dunno, in his recent interviews he seems very sincere about his work and is being upfront and honest with the interviewer. if you're heard that Radcliffe & Macconey interview from 2 years ago then you will see a massive difference.

and if you look at older interviews than that radcliffe one hes the same sincere guy,

ok?

exactly, he was an asshole since the beginning and still is

if your fanbase is constantly arguing over whether you or your music is ironic or not then its probably not worth listening to unless youre a pretentious poser

hes never been ironic
he is an asshole. he just fooled p4k . teens into thinking hes a memer like them

If you're so simple you need that kind of shit spelled out for you or argue about it, then Misty may not be for them anyway. There's no pretense or posing involved in liking the music or the lyrics though, they're both very well executed.

but nobody here is talking about the lyrics or music, theyre talking about the image.

i thought politicians were honest until doctor john misty opened my eyes

wake up sheeple

>dude he's IRONIC
>no he's not!
>yes he is
>no he's not

this is the state of popular music in 2017

Hence they're likely some of the simpletons to which I referred.

he's so deep amirite?
so smart and sarcastic i love him!!!
plus he's hot (L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

but thats his fanbase, simpletons that like to laugh about how superior they are when theyre running in circles just the same as everybody else.

That may be his fanbase through your myopic Sup Forums lens, but most people I know that are fans just enjoy raw talent and great music. No silly superiority or laughing at others.