I'm an Atheist, prove your religion right

I'm an Atheist, prove your religion right.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ysxHvbpU-dE
youtu.be/GnG-FDaquVc
youtu.be/rCnb7vapl5o
youtube.com/watch?v=2KK_kzrJPS8&t=30s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because the bible said so

How about you prove your beliefs right op.

Easy, take a gun and blow your brains out. See what happens.

Logic never calls you to disprove a negative, I cant disprove it because there is no evidence, just like I cant disprove unicorns.

If you believe in no god, how do you think the universe was born into existence?

you probably don't believe the Easter bunny or ferries for the same reason I don't believe in your god. lack of evidence.

Not OP
God doesn't exist because if he did he wouldn't allow Sup Forums to exist

And how was the big bang born into existence?

If god exists, explain this?

youtu.be/ysxHvbpU-dE

>implying that logic is all humans have

What if god is non-intervening?

>I claim there is no God
>You prove there is a God

The burden of proof lies on anyone making a claim to knowledge you intellectually lazy cunt

Explain why you're not a nihilism master race yet OP
>inb4 god iz deed

We don't have all the answers yet, but there's evidence supporting it. for example : the universe expanding.

Can't we all just agree that I'm god?

then he does not deserve worshiping

youtu.be/GnG-FDaquVc

jesus is kewl

Who said he wanted worship, Any superior Deists here?

Thread

if you are, make the woman up the street offer me sex in secrecy and I will start a fcuking jihad in your name

More than 2/3 of Humanity have you moron. We are speaking religion not the consensus of a god.

if god was non intervening, that doesn't excuse the flaws in most holy books. i.e flat earth, earth being 3000 years old, semen coming from the spine.

you do know nietzsche is anti-nihilism right

dubs checked but you'd need more than dubs to prove you're god.

We don't know yet, but there are theories being floated around and we're gathering more evidence as technologies improve.

I'll ask you: What sense does it make that an intelligent force was responsible for the big bang? Why couldn't it have occurred naturally - like everything else we've discovered about certain phenomena that used to be attributed to god? In other words, how is "God did it" a suitable answer for anything?

atheists are dumb. why would you discredit a man who literally died for you?

Atheism is gay.

mfw toast is just bread that is cooked twice. Checkmate, christfags.

they did not have science when the bible was written so they used symbolism and it was fucking spot on. Adam and Eve a metaphor for the beginning of self-awareness or at least a higher level of it

They should have taken Justin Beiber instead, amirite guys?

I use logic because it works, and has worked generally without fail every time.

you've blew my mind

Still waiting for a response or for her to come down and knock on my door

I can't, I don't control the universe anymore, Satan does.

You use logic to decide if a woman loves you or if you love her?

good luck with that

Alright you stupid fucking atheists, if God isnt real then how come this piece of toast has a portrait of Jesus in it?

I'm saying if god was real and all knowing then there wouldn't be any mistakes in his book

God didnt write the bible, imperfect humans did.

My religion requires no proof. It is manifest in all things in the universe. The true nature of the universe will never be revealed to us and it's not worth arguing about.

admire all my potential toast

that is pretty much known history

mfw toast is bread cooked once, and dough cooked twice.

Yes, logic tells me that if i'm trying to have sex with a woman and shes kicking and screaming "get away" that shows she most likely does not love me or has no interest, it has also shown me that if a woman is getting close to me, or we are cuddling that she at least has some sort of positive feelings for me.

you don't know if logic works. To prove logic you use more logic, ad infinitum. still has less problems than creationism

I don't care about what people believe. I just want this retarded species to finally enforce seperation of church and state. That's it. Keep your space daddy beliefs to yourself, keep your edgy fedora neckbeardedness to yourself, and stop fucking with the lives of others. If some bull dyke out there wants to get an abortion and scissor her girlfriend while they eat pork after getting married while they chant LGBTQ quotes, that's none of your goddamn business. But for you to say that they shouldn't because your god has a problem with it, well then you can just go fuck yourself and stick your bible and your fucking god right up your ass.

Also called "circular logic" but even so logic has server humanity very well. I just don't think it can answer ALL the questions in life

>implying your religion is right

I'm getting a vibe that you actually think that the Bing Bang is an answer to the question "what created the universe?". It isn't. You can always ask what came before it. Hence why your response doesn't make sense when you're trying to answer that exact question.

>requires no proof.
youtu.be/rCnb7vapl5o

you're blowing my mind with those dubs

the question disappears when you assume that the universe is infinite. fits with creationism and atheism and has no logical fallacy, since the "what came before it" argument fades away

Because in practice (notice the word practice, not theory) nature is a cycle with no beginning or end, in every single field of science. So when you start looking for a beginning you discard the natural.

Matt Dillahunty destroyed that argument, I'll try to find the video

We got the god emperor Donald trump elected president

It doesn't. Where did an infinite amount of space and matter appear from? Infinity doesn't exclude anything out of creation whatsoever.

Its the farthest back in time we are able to have the answer for SO FAR, understanding the big bang will get us closer to it.

it didnt come from anything, it is just there. logically perfectly viable

I don't have a religion, its childish

god's a shitty artist for an omnipotence

We live in a simulation. Consciousness from complex interactions, and it is monitored. Likely it is being used for research - which means God is inside all of us (our consciousness) and yet nowhere in the simulation.

Why would we be in a simulation? At least one of the following propositions is true: (1) the human species is very likely to go extinct before reaching a “posthuman” stage; (2) any posthuman civilization is extremely unlikely to run a significant number of simulations of their evolutionary history (or variations thereof); (3) we are almost certainly living in a computer simulation. It follows that the belief that there is a significant chance that we will one day become posthumans who run ancestor-simulations is false, unless we are currently living in a simulation

What kind of fool would believe in ferries?

Only if you've convinced yourself to think so. Otherwise it's an nothing more than an excuse. The sheer fact that your satisfied with using a vague concept such as "always" is proof enough.

this, there is only a one in billions chance that we are living in what is considered to be "base reality".

Except for option that any species to create such a simulation would choose not to because it would be unethical. I see a lot of unethical shit going on in this reality. So maybe it's some mad scientist going against international sanctions to create such a simulation or something. Heres a brief 3 minute from Elon Scholng Musk who breaks down the probability

youtube.com/watch?v=2KK_kzrJPS8&t=30s

if you ask any physicist what came before the big bang, its an unthinkable question

Quantum Mechanics.
Next question.

Robert Powell died for me?

lol
infinity is the ONLY answer that i am aware of that solves the problem of "what comes before that". not even god solves this problem. also, calling "always" a vague concept when it in fact is a word that explains infinity of time very well is not the best thing to do either. on the other hand, maybe i just convinced myself that thats the case :)

...but why didn't magic imaginary yahweh give them a scientific understanding so symbolism was unnecessary cuz, ya know, omnipotence and omniscience?

Prove atheism right.

Religious people are generally making a non falsifiable claim, so you can't say it it's true or not. Is it stupid to believe in an idea with no evidence? Yes.

But there's an equal amount of evidence to say that god exists as there is to say god does not exist.

...cuz what does the word 'before' mean when time began at the big bang, godfags.

Where did god come from? What was there before him? To claim that he's always existed, that is even more ludicrous to believe in than to believe that a huge random explosion of energy created the universe. Remember, there are plenty of arguments and good points one can make for or against the big bang and creationism. But the whole "what was before it" argument is not a good one, since it can also be used on creationists. It's even worse for you guys because you have the same answer that we do. The only difference is you believe in a conscious creation while the big bang was nothing more than just chance.

The big bang and creationism, regardless of which is correct, are both really intricate and complex processes that our puny minds will never be able to fully understand. However, using nothing but logic and science, the big bang is far more credible and holds up way more evidence than anything involving god.

I am an atheist too, but I started following Buddhist philosophy and it has improved my life significantly.

By definition, what OP is asking for is impossible and will most likely stay this way.

exactly, god could've easily given germ theory or gravitation theory, or advanced calculus in the bible. but for some reason he let people give false knowledge in the "perfect book"

>nature is a cycle with no beginning or end
>So when you start looking for a beginning you discard the natural.

That's purely retarded. Both statements.

“If scientific analysis were conclusively to demonstrate certain claims in Buddhism to be false, then we must accept the findings of science and abandon those claims.”
― Dalai Lama XIV

we know what happend up to 5.39×10−44 s, before that the volume that the universe is expanding into existed, but causality, relativity, and locality did not exist. anything that occurred before that cannot be observed and nothing beyond that can observe the universe.

why would it be ludicrous?

Buddhism is hard to argue against.

That's because Buddhism at it's core is a philosophy - not a religion. That and Confucianism. I don't know why they're considered religions exactly.

Absence of belief
Not a set of beliefs

Learn the difference.

I do follow Buddhism

Clearly you have. "infinity of time", the two words don't go hand in hand. Time is a human measurement and infinity is immeasurable. It's impossible for always to be used in this context since time is still passing, an infinite amount of time couldn't have passed. And considering there is an estimated heath death of the universe, of infinite amount of time passing seems unlikely. On the other hand an omnipotent being above the concepts of space and time, causality and duality is a much better explanation than that.

underrated post

Or, to quote some of the most brilliant minds in science today:

Absence of evidence
Is not evidence of absence

Check and mate, faggot

Funny how things only apply when they fit your narrative.

Logic never calls you to disprove a negative. i.e that's why i don't have to spend time disproving, ferries, god, unicorns, the lord of the rings, ect.

Let's say I have never heard of religion, and then a Christian, a Mormon, and a Hindu come up to my door trying to convert me, it is impossible to decide which one is true because lack of evidence is all equal in them

>Trying to be all scientific and Spock-like

>Look at that sentence.

the word atheism shouldn't even exist just like the word aferryist shouldn't exist

lol

It's still way less likely that unicorns exist than not.

Spock would always capitalize his "i"s

no, time is the human minds interpretation of something that goes down in the universe. also, an infinite amount of time could have passed. even if the universe would have an end (since we cant see into the future, we dont know), if it still has no start (or always existed), then the timeframe of existence would be infinite.

How dumb do you have to be to think that sounds like a science fiction character?

technically all the energy is going to run out in the universe that could be considered some form of "end"