Alright punk fans of Sup Forums, I'm planning a little tribute album for the 35th anniversary (birthday...

Alright punk fans of Sup Forums, I'm planning a little tribute album for the 35th anniversary (birthday? Whatever) of Milo Goes To College. If you're interested in any part of this side project of mine, I'd love to know. Hope to hear from you guys soon

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/JH38J
youtu.be/BYtJG69_8_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sent ;)

>descendents

*tips fedora*

Oh man

shit taste confirmed

Nah, this band is about as overrated as it gets in punk rock. Embarrassing lyrics aside.

>opinion

Overrated. There's that word again. Can't we just respect what people like without calling it overrated and all that bs and just move on with our lives?

Nah man, go listen to Black Flag and Sex Pistols, that's some real overrated shit. Embarrassing lyrics aside.

What are you doing exactly? Are you asking for us to help make a cover album? If so, I'm down

word, i mean fuck can people not like something other people don't without being hassled for it?

One of my favorite "punk" albums. I'm into whatever your doing

I can contribute something! What are you looking for?

Good for you OP! Milo Goes to College is an early 80s classic.

Interesting how people say the practically invented "Pop-Punk". Back when this album first came out they were considered "Hardcore".

My how times have changed.

Hell yeah man! I'm thinking about doing that for all the songs on it, obviously, if you like that kinda thing

It's a lot more melodic than punk music that preceded it. I think the cohesive melodies are what makes it early pop punk, it doesn't mean it still isn't hardcore

Well, if you got a couple people to help you out with recording the instruments and vocals and whatnot, you can choose a song from the album. I'm planning on doing Hope, so you got 14 tracks to worth with there

Yeah but keep in mind before this album you had bands like The Buzzcocks The Undertones and Husker Du. Even The Ramones could be quite melodic when they wanted to be.

I'd be down. I can do some synthpop cover/s. That is one of my favorite albums

Sounds good, dude. You wanna reserve a song yet?

I can do the guitar cover for Hope. Love this record to death although I never got interested in their other work.

I'd do Bikeage

I am SUPER into this. I'd love to help in some way.

OP here. Now, we need a way to contact each other, and I'm suggesting some sort of group chat so we can discuss this as easily as possible. Also, it's a simple design, but here's what I'm thinking for the cover. It's just one of the many designs on my Descendents-themed shirt

I was thinking about doing bass and vocals for that. Maybe we could collab for that?

Awesome! Hey, if you or anyone else here or a Skype or something we can talk about this on so it's eaiser, that would be great

I don't really know of any group chat other than discord, which I've never used, but it might work for our purpose.

I like that cover idea

I like the album title and I think the art should be awesome, this is a nice start of course.

That would be perfect, I could do back-up vocals if needed. I'm being forced to go watch a crappy movie right now but I'll leave the thread open as to how I can get in contact with you guys.

Also the lyrics were more about personal problems than talking about politics or stuff like that. I recommend anybody that likes Descendents to watch their movie. Explains a lot of stuff and is really fun to watch.

I was thinking Discord as well. I have a server on there already if you're interested in joining that for the time being

I'm gonna do a bit of a rough (my voice might not sound the best due to me feeling under the weather and my neck itself hurting as it I'm being choked if I get too loud, but it'll be worth it imo) soon. I'll link you to it on here through a Youtube video

Sounds good.

Sorry dude but people like boosting their egos and not feeling like shit themselves

This should be a lot of fun

Do you have a link to your Discord?

Right here discord.gg/JH38J

Thanks. I'm in

youtu.be/BYtJG69_8_Q

Here we are. Might want to turn down your volume just in case

You do a good Milo, man

Well, I'm back from the shitty movie.

Damn this is good m8.

My guitar/gear isn't with me atm, its at my friends house that lives 20-30mins away so I'll have to grab that off him tomorrow or soon. I'll hope on the discord and get the guitar parts in asap.

discord room is expired.

album came out in june of 82. Does that mean we have 2 months to polish it and such?

Bump

I have a band, would love to cover "Marriage" email me @ [email protected]

meant to link OP

I just saw it was 1982. But yeah, I guess so. Damn

Also, I set it to not expire. I'l have to fix that, the mobile app is a little buggy

You did the first time haha

Okay, so update on what songs are taken as of now:

Marriage
Hope
Bikeage

bump