I'm not sure if it's good or not

I'm not sure if it's good or not

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zmwDaFdVd8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Every song sounds the same to me

It's definitely great.

i love thundercat's additions to other peoples' music. i have never found his solo work to be particularly interesting or enjoyable. background music at the best.

Too much goofy shit, same exact sound he's had since Apocalypse. I miss the Golden Age (pun intended)

its dull. doesnt go anywhre. he has a formula and technical skill but no creative ideass

Is that Miles Davis?

Pitchfork review is already out though

Been listening to it a lot, great album to just kickback and relax too

It sounds good but none of it is memorable, except for the parts where you cringe at the weaboo friendzone lyrics.

the goofy shit makes it memorable though

some of the most memorable people I went to school with are the most annoying, awful people I went to school with.

not saying that Thundercat is that way (I was this poster ), I'm just saying that "goofy shit" isn't exactly an argument for the quality of the music.

My favorites so far are
A Fan's Mail
Lava Lamp
Jethro
Walk on By
Friend Zone
Show You The Way
I have to listen to it some more though.

Hey anthony!

People make the same argument when Mac DeMarco (or lighter hypnagogic artist) or Frank Zappa is brought up. "goofy shit"

I guess some people don't like their music serious all the time, that's all.

with Mac, most of his goofiness comes from his videos, interviews, and live performances. his music isn't really all that goofy.

with Zappa, he's definitely a goofster in his music but it's generally because of musical or political themes that he's criticizing or satirizing, so there's an actual grander use for his goofiness.

I'm not saying the goofiness in the Thundercat album is pointless (though arguably it is, I can see like in the opening track the whole "beat your meat, go to sleep" thing is being goofy in juxtaposition to existential dread, which obviously is very purposeful), just that goofiness for goofiness' sake isn't exactly a good argument to listen to something.

I FEEL WEIRD

i have no idea what this has to do with anything but that song is beautiful

Yeah, pretty much this. I think I'm gonna buy the vinyl to spin when I'm doing homework or just chilling.

It's very funky, I like just sitting back and relaxing to it.

Can we talk about goofy albums gone right?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zmwDaFdVd8U

sounds like this mess

>complaining about funk being goofy

Fun Fact: Thundercat was originally going to get black out drunk before we shot his album cover.

Source: the guy who was shining the red flashlight in Thundercat's eyes during this photoshoot.

I know this is probably a troll but if it's not, I just want to say that this is probably my fav album cover of the decade so far and maybe of the 2000's so far, its fucking excellent so if you actually worked on it props to you man

jeez what do you like about it so much

>Mac demarco
>hypnogaugic pop

NORMIES AAAAAAA

kiss ass