And during our vote on December 19th, I plan on voting for Hillary Clinton...

And during our vote on December 19th, I plan on voting for Hillary Clinton, against the wishes of the people in my state. I have not been contacted by any domestic or foreign interest, I am doing this based on my own personal views.

AMA.

Wow my title is gone. This site is kind of tricky to use but I'm glad for anonymity. What I meant to put in the title was "I am an Elector from a state who voted for Trump". Sorry about that.

How about your colleagues? How do you figure Clinton's chances?

It's better than Kalifornia and NY deciding every election with a popular vote. The United STATES of America was meant to be a republic, not a democracy

Ok.

I know of at least a few others who are considering it. Some states have a fee in place to punish Electors who don't stick to the wishes of their state, but we're all mostly wealthy anyways and this isn't a big deal to us.

>against the wishes of my state
You disgust me and also how does it feel to betray the very people that entrust you to carry their decision to Washington?

>Imperfect protection against the tyranny of the majority is worse than no protection
Dank fucking memes dude

>posts a pic attempts to shine light on a "flaw" in the election system
>as he tells us he plans to exploit that same flaw and in the same turn, betray the trust of the majority of the people in his homestate

Typical

Does your state have any laws or fines punishing faithless electors?

It wasn't a decision I made lightly. But I believe true to my heart that Donald Trump is too dangerous to elect into office. My vote may not change this, but it will spark some headlines and general public interest.

That's nice. I'll enjoy part 2 of the salt when he still wins.

>He won't win the nomination.
>He won the nomination but he'll never win the election.
>He won the election but the electors will never vote for him
>[You are here]
>He's now the president, but I'll burn down the small businesses in my community to rally the country against him.

>implying that Michigan wasn't a pivotal state.

Having elections decided by a personal feeling of someone not bound by a vote of the people in any form isn't a great way to do things.

>B8 to get people to respond saying democracy is better, blah blah

Do you not understand that with the electoral college people in blue states that vote red are discouraged from voting and people in red states that vote blue are discouraged from voting because of the electoral college?

A popular vote in the US in the presidential election means literally nothing
>Fun fact, more republican voters are discouraged from voting than democrat voters because of this
You don't have the actual numbers that would occur in a national popular vote.

Sorry, I won't be disclosing any information about the state I am voting on behalf of. I don't want to be identified until after I cast my vote.

Idk bout that m8, if you look at the numbers trump got pretty similar amounts of votes compared to Romney and mcain, Hillary got ALOT less than Obama. Like millions.

If the electoral college didn't exist, the number of states on that map would go down to 2 dots: NYC and LA.

>>Fun fact, more republican voters are discouraged from voting than democrat voters because of this

>in b4 breitbart

If you honestly believe that the two candidates would take turns jetting across the entire country to two cities, you probably shouldn't be voting. Popular cities in almost every state would be targets for campaigning.

There are more voters in solid blue states than there are in solid red states.
This is just a fact.

While it may be a fact, there there is more people that live in blue states, you cannot say it's a fact people are discouraged there.

It's a balancing act so overpopulated cities can't screw over the rest of the country. It's not the United States of NYC and LA and fuck everyone else. It's the United States of America.

>My vote doesn't count because 100% of our electors are going to X Candidate regardless of my sides turn out
>No a discouraging fact
Pick one.

I am not here to debate with you guys. I am here to answer QUESTIONS. Come December 19th, this will be a major news story when at least one Elector ignores his or her state.

You're not special.
There was an elector in Washington that vowed to not vote Hillary.

This is an event every election cycle.

>>My vote doesn't count on the federal level so I should just say fuck it on the local stuff too.

They're just completely retarded at that point

>the overwhelming majority of the electoral college isn't bound contractually to obey the vote
holy shit I'm not even American and I've still done enough research to be less retarded than you.