>in Canada dollars
Might as well take Monopoly money

on a friday night

kek'd

$18 here is $12 USD, basically a walmart wage

cheer up pal, it's way better than being NEET

Is that game acurate?

how much of that is net income?

I've never played it, but driving a forklift is actually easier than driving a car once you get used to it

I make 40k a year but don't pay any taxes because the company fucked up my paperwork now I owe the government thousands of dollars lmao

a lot of forklift drivers have back problems, is that the case for you?

Where do you live?

No, it's no different than an office worker who sits on a computer all day, it can be rough though because forklifts have no suspension and shock absorbers because if you bounce around the load could shift and tip over

Well there are other factors to consider too.
How close is your job / transportation expenses?
Cost of living in your area?
When I was younger I realized I was better off making $12 an hour 10 minutes from home than $16 an hour an hour away from home and was sorry I had quit my $12 an our job.
The travel costs and the extra time and stress of just commuting just weren't worth it and I wound up paying more in taxes.

Wow, some forklift drivers in Australia make $35 - $45 an hour. Sucks to be you.

t. used to drive a forklift.

Edmonton

I had an electrician job interview but fucked it up because of social autism

the problems don't come from the shocks, though, but from the constant twisting of the back to drive forward or rear

though I know nowadays forklifts have special features like spinning seat and other solutions like that to prevent it

That's good money you bitch. And that sounds like an easy job.

What? you don't have to twist, just turn your head and shoulder check like driving a car

Wew sorry bud, things are tough out there right now and especially with the high cost of living.

I'm 19, an HVAC apprentice making the same amount, but I live in a small town in Northern Ontario so it's fine (minus hydro rates are fucking insane, luckily I have my parents). I'd say come here where the cost of living is lower but there's honestly fuck all for work, it was nothing but sheer good luck that I got this job.

Have you tried looking into Sask or BC? I've heard things are a bit better there right now.

>I had an job interview but fucked it up because of social autism

I have family in Ontario and from what I hear things are bleak as fuck, either make $13/h at some retail job or have connections and get a government job

I almost got a good job in BC but apparently even rural BC jobs are getting hundreds of applicants too

>been mostly NEET for many years
>phone interviewed for a job today
>job is 45 hours of work a week at least
>tfw don't live in France with their 35 hour work thing
>tfw depressed and anxious because I want the job and don't want to be NEET anymore
>tfw depressed and anxious because don't want the job because afraid of failure and hate having to be around people and pretend to be at least a little bit normal

I wish I could get a remote job but the long term ones have even more people applying for them (several times more) than normal local jobs and there seem to be a lot less of them.

fugging Sup Forums screwing up the thumbnail

In all the states, or only in NT?

youtube.com/watch?v=-oB6DN5dYWo

MMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTT;_; hes not coming is he.

Nsw baby!

$18 an hour (canadian) isnt THAT bad. You have a solid wage and can pay for your living. Be happy with minimalism.

Is that enough to live off of on your own?

hmm. free healthcare, free education yeah $18 is decent la for that kind of work

>free healthcare, free education

lol nice meme

In the US? Yes.

>$18/h
Why the hell are you complaining?

not me

BC Interior is in a heavy boom right now. Yeah, it's not a good place to start out because there are thousands of Albertans and second-generation chinks/pajeets stepping out of Vancouver for the first time. They are all highly skilled, experienced people with plenty of street smarts, and when you look for a job ad here you will never find anyone looking for a trainee or an apprentice, because there's just a huge surplus of already skilled talent here right now.

You've got three options here, and they are:
>Get stuck in a shitty and emasculating services job like Mcdonalds paying 10 an hour
>Get stuck in College for X years which gibs you a big debt and no money, forcing you to do the above
>Become a useless NEET leeching off your poor parents or the state which gives you enough to live but not enough to climb out of your situation

So if you're a late 20's/early 30's guy with a solid employment history behind him already then it's great to be here, but if you're fresh out of high school you're fucked.

The surplus is so huge that most companies have taken to pumping and dumping their workers: They'll hire you and let you work for 3 months, and then right before you're eligible for their benefits packages, they'll quickly swap you out for some other loser (Who may or may not know he's about to face the same fate). So there's no steady work unless you're already well-established and above-and-beyond the call.

If you're a loser at all in 2017, unless you get lucky then you're a loser forever.

I'm 30 and I've worked for a year of my life, if that. So far as I'm concerned, NEET life is better for me with my extensive limitations.

how do you procure food? Are you a leech for your family?