Work at record store

>work at record store
>deal with depressed white college students all the time
>silently judge their shitty taste in music

And you feel the need to post this here?

You think anyone actually cares.

You seriously thought...anyone cared.

I care. Better stop to jumping to conclusions!
Tell me more about these fags OP.

Somehow you managed to post something even more futile than the OP.

Pretty sure Sup Forums is about the same. Depressed college kids with dirty hair

You sick fuck

Speak for yourself user

Hand over some greentext

usually I deal with people buying Sup Forumscore and metal trash but this guy in particular was weird
>a few days ago some 20 something year old spooky skeleton kid with long greasy hair comes in and asks if we have any Mac DeMarco vinyls
>walk him over to where it should be
>"looks like we don't have him on vinyl anymore man, sorry"
>looks upset, says literally nothing and walks away
>wanders around the store looking lost as hell for 20 or so minutes
>keeps looking around at everyone, including me
>getting a little creeped out
>comes back to the counter when I'm not there and asks my coworker if we have any Mac fucking DeMarco vinyls
>coworker does exactly the same thing I did
>he has the exact same reaction, only this time he leaves the store
>half hour or so later he's back with a giant pretzel in one hand and a stuffed animal in the other
>proceeds to stand at the counter and start small talk with my coworker
>awkward conversation ensues about Mac DeMarco, City and Colour, and other shit he likes
>the phone starts to ring
>the kid yells "I'll get it! wouldn't that be funny hahahaha"
>coworker is clearly showing strong signs that she's not interested in talking anymore
>he starts nervously fidgeting
>eventually leaves when she goes in the back to avoid him
Is this the average Mac DeMarco fan or did I just get unlucky?

but did you have any mac demarco

Sounds about right

I found him

prob from /r/indieheads

More stories like this. Anybody else have more?

Sounds like my dealings with the nigs working in a liqour store. Why do the weird ones always want to talk?

Ever had any shoplifters?

I banned a drunk gay couple out of the liquor store once because they smelled so bad. Rode an open car door across a parking lot trying to catch a shoplifter. You want stories in your life? Work retail liquor in the ghetto.

Always been curious about this job. I imagine its something like the High Fidelity movie. Age/pay? You like it? Also what's your taste look like?

Pay is fine, wage varies but I get about $25 an hour which is great considering how entry level it is. Age is 21 minimum at the store I work.
My favorite music is stuff like Death Grips, Iron Maiden, later Pink Floyd, AJJ, etc. I like most genres of music except shit like jazz.

lol, coulda been. Normally they aren't this bad, but often times I have to deal with their shit taste. I get to watch these kids buy shit like ITAOTS, AJJ, The Microphones, metal, and AnCO

Sounds like great work. Occasional strange characters keep it interesting I'm sure

Whats wrong with AnCo and The Microphones?

Popular=/=bad btw

okay here's another
>kid walks into store, dark jacket, age 20ish
>starts directly for the counter
>says hello, I answer back
>"do you guys carry anything by Bjork?"
>"Uh, we might have some over here"
>as I'm taking him over I smile a little bit and I think he notices
>get there, point at the vinyls
>"thanks, man. I hope you have vespertine, I'm a big fan of that album"
>I can't hold back a snort as I turn away
>this metal looking kid glares at me silently as he pays for the vinyl
>we never see him again

I also thought this

Listen, I'm just not into that type of indieshit. it's always really whiney and annoying to me.

why'd you laugh at him

It was just funny because of the way he looked and the fact that he was buying a bjork vinyl.

you claim to work at a record store but you say "vinyls"

BULL
SHIT

Sounds like me minus the awkward conversation and the "wouldn't that be funny" part

>and you feel the need to tell him nobody cares?
>you think anyone actually cares that you don't care?
toxic bullshit, this is why Sup Forums is slowly descending into hell

Do you see? Do you see what I mean? Let people tell their story, you can't fucking say that nobody cares, YOU may not care, but you're just a fucking faggot teenager I can tell by the way you type. You're probably just butthurt because you're a depressed college student and everyone knows you're a fucking loser and you can't handle it LOL. Think before you open your mouth.

wow youre genuinely a stereotypical music store douche bag

>Go to record store in college town
>Assume there will be some cool Sup Forumstant types there
>It's staffed by surly 50somethings arguing about jazz and "vinyl warmth"

you judge them for buying ajj while liking it?

In what way? Because I observe faggots when they show up?

people that like mac demarco literally have no chance at genuine creativity or creative ability

dude is just basic coldplay type pop with a oh so slacker "vibe" stapled on top, yet for some reason people pretend its not that

oh lmao that's funny as hell
what city do you work in? i'm around CT and go to Redscroll Records which is where fantano goes i believe
the employees are condescending nu-male cunts so i'm a little biased against record store workers.

Well, I like ajj but I can tell that the kids who come in to buy it just listen to it to be cool. The only ever buy their older work.

t. stereotypical smelly creep college record store shopper

I work at a record store but I try not to be jack black and just be passively condescending to everyone.

That's maybe what I hate most about you, you're passive about how condescending you are. Why not just at least be up front without just snorting quietly behind everyones back?

What, you think I wanna get fired over some suicidal white kids' music tastes?

see

i love you guy you're freaking great. wish more posters were like you

>metal trash
Like what specifically OP?

wow. you are genuinely a boring and passive person from everything youve posted so far

good luck

my experiences with record stores in CT at least has been the snobby crowd looking down on you and judging every movement you make
if the atmosphere was less harsh maybe they'd make more money off their stores

usually shit like metallica and judas priest.
They never buy good shit
In what way am I boring or passive? You have yet to make a single point.

Well no because there's no reason to be judged by a white guy with glasses in his mid to late 20s who still works at a record store, that's not right. The fuck do you even listen to anyway you smug little effeminate bitch? Yo La Tango, The Smiths, they your favorite bands?

I posted about my taste earlier, faggot nu-male.

You judge everyone yet have such a shit life you can't be up front about it and have to instead passively sneer and snort behind everyone's backs.

Man if someone did that sleazy shit to me I'd smack them their jaw. I genuinely despise people like you

Also go ahead, list your favorites.

thats hilarious though are you retarded

THIS GUY

I don't get it, your taste is literally on par with tier. I'm confused. Why do you feel superior to your own kind?

>get into a record store after wondering where was the place and travelling for three/four hours with handicapped feet
>get into the place
>old woman in the stand
>place was silent when i got into it
>just stay quiet seeing at the place
>for like 3 minutes
>don't know what to do there
>check out the vynils
>ask for captain beefheart vynil
>says there's not
>ask for cds
>just watch at the cds that were around
>old woman talked pretty cold
>sweat a lot
>get out

I'm not getting into a record store alone again, I'm too much of an aspie and the old woman probably thinks bad about me

For the second time, I already posted them. read the damn thread and no, you wouldn't dare smack my jaw.

thanks for proving his point

Your taste is just as shitty though.

fucking hell i don't know how to spell vinyl

>AJJ fan calling me a nu-male
Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

we need to fucking pin this thread
this shit just proves i'm not alone about how shitty record store atmospheres are

this is bait right

Yeah I know, internet tough guy like, but you're the guy bragging about how you get to work at a record store and can only sneer in silence otherwise you'll lose your job and be homeless. That's what I also mean by pathetic - it's like people at the gym that sneer at fatties working out, only even more sad - it's not like you achieved some fitness state to at least justify it, you listen to shit like andrew jackson jihad yet judge people that like mac demarco? You do realize you're on par with them, right?

That's what I mean by boring. Glad my record store doesn't have any employees like you.

I don't like the shit music though? Sometimes taste overlaps but their music is far worse than mine.
How is my taste shitty? Or are you gonna say DG is bad like some autistic memer?
There is nothing wrong with liking AJJ unless you do it to be cool like the kids who visit my store.

no i posted that image
i meant it like i love you and keep doing what you're doing man

These two posts do not compute

I'm the weird guy who fixes all the games at the mall arcade.

Pic related, my coworkers shitty taste in music.

In what way?

You have GOT to be new here.

> ITAOTS, AJJ, The Microphones, metal, and AnCO
is the EXACT SAME TIER as
>Death Grips, Iron Maiden, later Pink Floyd

You must be EXTREMELY sheltered musically if you see much of a difference between these demographics

These are all 15 year old that just got into music-core, all of them

Thanks man. Next time I feel like a record store guy is judging me, I'll just remember they usually listen to stuff like iron maiden and AJJ and feel better about myself.

What do you mean there is no difference? The stuff I posted actually has interesting things going on musically whereas the stuff they listen to is either musical wankery, bad metal, or whatever they can find that lets them seem cool (AJJ)

>He calls himself a fan of music but excludes genres because "muh values"

You aren't a very qualified employee.

who the actual fuck hired you

i knew more about music than you when i was 16

imo anco as a band are way more musically competent than death grips. pink floyd is good, and ajj isn't bad I guess, id put them as equal with nmh.

If you actually like jazz you really don't have a comprehension of good music. Metal i can kind of get because at least it sounds like music, but jazz is just like captain beefheart; it's random sounding shit that people listen to in order to feel smart. The only decent jazz is fusion.

this is a shitpost nobody respond to it
i quarantined it for you guys

>THESE are the kind of people that judge what you get at music stores

>random sounding shit that people listen to in order to feel smart
I'm not gonna think you said that

thank you unsung anonymous hero

I will heed your warning

woah dude are you being serious? you better not be

this is now a dubs thread. check em

Holy fucking shit dude

Oh yeah? I'm sure you have much better taste than me. I bet you're one of the fags who hates on led zeppelin.
If you like jazz you're actually a fucking schizophrenic, there is no order to it other than "muh beat"

thanks buddy

>ITAOTS, AJJ, The Microphones, metal, and AnCO

Is the same tier as this

>Death Grips, Iron Maiden, later Pink Floyd, AJJ, etc

Also
>I like most genres of music except shit like jazz
is some "I like everything but rap and country" pleb shit.

buddy the way you generalize all music fans off such trivial things scream of autism and very little social experience

i actually gained confidence about getting judged by music store guys, lmao thanks man ill just remember this next time i go

now you have me riled up, i'm really mad now

What the fuck is wrong with you? Why are you baiting so fucking hard?

We've all been hooked

Baiting all the way to the cosmos
Keep going

Meant for Also this confirms your shit taste beyond measure

it gets replies idiot, don't you know the beautiful feeling of a (You)

Not only that, you're also a wronggeneration monger

Reply bait get checked

if a music store clerk ever judges you, just ask them to explain basic music theory concepts

Why is it so hard to comprehend that somebody doesn't fucking like jazz? Honestly, tell me where there is value in it, I'm genuinely interested.

You deleted your own post about your tastes

You got called out, your own taste got criticized, and now you're backing out and playing damage control pretending it was bait all along.

You're pathetic my dude

haha that's pretty good
>b-b-but music theory ruins creativity!!!!! GUUUUHHHHH

Holy fucking shit dude, successive dubs.

Well it's the most complex and musically progressive that popular music has ever been

CHECK EM