/grimes/

Let's discuss peacefully about this music genius, Claire Boucher known as Grimes.

Newzsz:
Watch this visual masterpiece, Venus Fly: youtube.com/watch?v=eTLTXDHrgtw (over 1 mil. views)

>hey yall -- i'm really vibing on this charity "hope project" that provides education to refugees --- english sports maths life skills science and creative arts in greece. their goal is to raise enough money for a years rent on a space for sessions and setup costs. @hopeprojectnet

>almost finished building like 20 or so 5D multi timbral synths in roli equator, they'll be released for roli blocks later this year. never made synths from scratch before, its pretty fun
Video with her playing a mean jam: instagram.com/p/BP6JQUMjSd_/

Grimes produced a new Aristophanes song, Humans Become Machines: youtube.com/watch?v=BHmVqMISPLw If you don't know, Aristophanes is that Taiwanese rapper that performed on SCREAM.

Remember: be nice to Grimes!

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/49448-grimes-speaks-out-in-defense-of-beyonce-gangnam-style-and-mariah-carey/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=EbvKSGMCZUA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=59ZdLTVT12k
Sup
ew.com/article/2015/08/26/grimes-new-album/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"I know because I grew up in Vancouver and half my high school was Korean or Chinese and the kind of shit I heard all the time was horrible. I used to walk around with my Chinese boyfriend and people would yell slurs out of cars. Racism isn't over. Sexism isn't over. "

pitchfork.com/news/49448-grimes-speaks-out-in-defense-of-beyonce-gangnam-style-and-mariah-carey/

>I used to walk around with my Chinese boyfriend and people would yell slurs out of cars.

What she looked like in HIGH SCHOOL

She was very pretty. And she still is.

lets get this party started

whoever can come up with the funniest joke about grimes' ugly fac is wins ill go first

grimes looks like that alternate ending of back to the future where marty accidentally fucks his own mom and impregnantes her with an inbred monstrosity, but then that fucks up the timeline because the inbred retard has to go back in time with doc, then it fucks its own mom and impregnantes her with a double inbred mutant monstrosity and the in reeding cycle keeps repeating for infinity, grimes looks like the first child spawned from that cycle that would kill the mother in childbirth

Fuck off hater

I cant hear you I'm drowning in grimes' facial grease

>tfw she'll nevr say hi 2 u
y evn liv ;;_;;

>still a vile dipshit
Why do you hate her so much? Are you that Annie autist spammer?

Ariel Pink is a much better artist

Who else is liking that Entropy song? It's so catchy.

>Calculate the entropy
>Let it pop in front of me
>Or needed friend or enemy
>Leave me lonely

>vile
well I cant be upset, next to the grimer that almost seems like a complement since she is fucking LEAGUES beyond vile

she actually makes my skin crawl

Prove it.

she actually looks like hermoine granger but with downs syndrome

You're the fucking animejames, right? Dude, you need professional help. You're beyond insanity.

Grimes fans, do the right thing regarding this spammy jerk.

r****t

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EbvKSGMCZUA

m.youtube.com/watch?v=59ZdLTVT12k

Ariel is incredibly literate and eclectic and makes philosophical statements with his music (as does John Maus). Grimes writes vapid corporate faux indie pop hits for the liberal bourgeoisie that find Beyoncé enthralling.

>Dude, you need professional help
dude if you think grimes' music is good you're the one who needs professional help in this equasion am i right or am i right

>calculate the amount of energy that is unable to do work
what did she mean by this

Huh? Get your shit together.

>implying im breaking ANY fucking rules
disagreeing with you isnt against the fucking rules you sperg

im using the thread for its intended purpose, to discuss my opinions of the artist at hand

my opinion is that shes a dumpster fire who makes dogshit music for retarded people

AP is a delusional hack. John Maus is talented and he's the only synthpop artist of this decade on par with Grimes. You need to stop hating Grimes.

remember when grimes would make very tiny, subtle references to our memes last year? like she mentioned not being a classically trained musician in an interview, posted that "what is grimes most emotional song" 2 panel image on trashique, etc.

which do you think is more likely, she sometimes browses here or its just a huge coincidence?
>tfw there's a tiny chance senpai noticed your anonymous posting on the internet

>John Maus
please fuck off

Ill give her something she can notice

You're trolling and that's clearly against the rules. You're also posting disgusting photos in your attempt to troll /grimes/. You're a stupid fuck that needs to be beaten with a baseball bat and banned forever. You and your opinions both suck.

WTF is wrong with you? John Maus is a very good artist, pleb.

>people who disagree with me ARE JUST TROLLS
yeah no. if you keep making this thread people who disagree with you are free to come in here and disagree with you.

And trust me its not a "troll," i unironically think grimes is a complete fucking garbage artist

It's not that you just disagree, it's the fact that you're an obnoxious troll. You're not even funny, retard.

See rule no. 3 Sup Forums.org/rules

>flames
oh those are against the rules huh? I seem to remeber someone telling me I should get murdered via baseball bat earlier in the thread.

Hmmm really activates my almonds

Yes, your stupid posts are against the rules. You were banned so many times and you keep insisting. Get fucked, sucker.

dont be mean,

but this made me chuckle

well i havent gotten banned yet so in the meantime lets talk about how grimes is actually specified in the Kyoto accords as being a significant biological threat to our livelihood

hopefully the canadian government gets their shit together and incinerates her before one of her zits pop and the toxic pus oozing out kills everyone for miles

incineration really is the responsible route, dont let us down justin

she is my queen

i oft wonder what she does in her lofty castle hidden in the western hills. i itch for the day when she visits my city so i can for but a moment catch a glimpse of her notorious youthful spirit and a fiery drive upon which she built an empire

>upon which she built an empire mfw
man that is one sad little empire

what she has done is no small feat. you are pathetic for not understanding this.

>not being nice to Grimes

>what she has done is no small feat
What have the combination of being a shitty p4kcore buzzband for tumblrposting plebtards that no one gives a shit about ouside of this board and being an uggo piece of waifubait for a bunch of stinky weeaboos to obsess over on some sad little corner of the internet?

Whats next you're going to tell me that grizzly bear "built an empire" because they have some name recognition within small circles? Lol

im too tired to even try to read this word salad so i guess you won idiot

Oh sorry i forgot you're a grimesfan so you're utterly retarded and have trouble reading words I'll try and significantly dumb it down for you next time lenny

i like grimes!

>Why do you hate her so much?
user, trolls don't troll out of hatred for the thing about which they are trolling for/against. It's all just about saying whatever it takes to get a rise out of people - like you. Which is why you shouldn't respond. You're just giving them free (you)s, and encouraging them to continue. Report and hide rule-breaking posts and move on.

Just fucking listen to your copy of Gettin' High in the Morning and tell me you've heard anything like it... I've always contended that Foily Foibles marks the libertaion of the musical detial from within the standardized frameork of pop music... The small section proceding the chorous is much more like a compacted execercise in free modal (in this case pentatonic) counterpoint than it is pop-melody-over-chords... And most importantly... Following what I belive is the paramount task of pop music... Its fucking catchy...

Listen to me babble like a moron... Please, please forgive me. I just didn't want to write something negative this time... I wanted write about something I like, the music of Ariel Pink comes to mind immediately... Please forgive me if I sound pedantic... Please.... I don't mean to... Love trial... SNot on the collar... Rough fisting... Their are all kionds of perverted traps you can get yourself into... Watch-out... They won't satisfy you but they might make you stronger... Like the time... Like the time... And then you have that awfull terrible smell on your hand... SHit. Shit. Okay. Okay. Listen, listen. They're bearing down. I know... I know... But they're bearing down right behind us. What are you talking about? Listen to the theht eh....

r u o k?

Is it hard to type with grimes' thick veiny cock in your mouth

dude. she wants to make fun, accessible music. Ariel is one of my favorites, but there's no fucking point to comparing these two. they have very different visions and goals for their music

If by "fun and accessible" you mean "stuff to play at guantanamo bay at full volume for prisoners to get them to divulge information that leads to their friends and family getting killed in drone strikes just to get the music to stop playing" then yeah sure

???? shut the fuck up

yeah i wish grimes would shut the fuck up too

op. i fucking disagree obviously. but im imagining abunch of prisoners covering their ears and scrunching their faces super hard to the album version of realiti

>but im imagining abunch of prisoners covering their ears and scrunching their faces super hard to the album version of realiti
yeah that was my reaction too

but the real question is would you let ol barry obomber dronestrike the shit out of your own mother to make it stop?

the answer is uncompromisingly yes

eme whats dis?

i wanna

say nice things about her art to her fucking face

Yeah i was hooked on that song for awhile. Catchy af with nice vocals

>>Do you care about what people are going to call this album, genre-wise?
>Describing sound is basically impossible. I always get angry about labels but they’re going to happen.
>>Do you care about hype or people’s expectations about the album?
>I’m concerned with delivering. If I’m going to ask people to pay for something, it has to be really good. I feel like if I’m going to ask people to buy something it has to be good. But I’m not concerned whether or not it’s this or that. When I put out Visions, everyone got really mad and told me I sold out, so I’ve already been there. Whenever I put out music there’s op-eds and outrage.
>>When did you realize that was going to happen?
>When I put out “Vanessa” in Montreal, I remember someone wrote an op-ed in the Montreal Gazette called, “Grimes makes car commercial music.” It’s always happened. I think I’m stuck between an experimental scene and a pop scene. Everyone is always mad when I give lip service to one or the other. If I make stuff that’s too weird, people complain. Then if I make stuff that’s too pop, other people complain. THIS ALBUM IS TWO HALVES. IT'S VERY STRUCTURED LIKE THAT. IF YOU'RE GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT ONE-HALF, THEN YOU HAVE THE OTHER HALF.
ew.com/article/2015/08/26/grimes-new-album/

has grimes ever been with a tranny?

I'm super duper fucking hoping that she will very soon.

Hi Claire. I love you.

And here I am thinking

Geidi Primes
Halfaxa
Darkbloom
Visions
Art Angels

I wonder what this board looked like in 2010

Grimes is a disgusting cunt!

You take that back or I will burn you with hell fire.

She's a god damn saint.

>it's another "mods are defending Grimes" episode

I think you're mixing her up with another person just as over-talked about..

strange

what if i wasn't posting anonymously?

why do you have to spam this board with waifu worshipping everyday?

but she is posting here.

and she's all about me too. Sure, she says "Those are just some fun artistic things I do" but what she meant to say was "Yes Allen, those songs are totally about you. I worry that someone will come up behind you and break your neck, that you are never sick or alone in the belly of the beat, and california only cares about you when you're feeling sad."

Grrrimmmeeessssssssssss

Hows that tiara?

this isnt waifu worship but talking about her music

i hope our grimey is sleeping well

she sounds like a braindead sjw cunt

well yeah

but she isn't, she is a good girl!

i love her

these

she's a really good girl

she looks literally retarded

Good morning peeps.

she's so damn weird...

and that's a good thing

like really fucking weird

dogshit

It's like the kpop threads but somehow even more autistic

That's what raw creativity looks like.

i really don't care about her art

>plastic bottle

plastic water

her life seems so challenging and degrading huh

she doesn't love you. if she did she would want you to know it

no, she loves everyone, she's nice

Why are you hating on AP then? Practice what you preach, user.

Well said, Grimey

>I wonder what this board looked like in 2010
Maybe it was really pathetic. Apparently the board worshipped Kanye more than now.

>it's another "mods are enforcing the rules" episode
fity

That's a good thing in my book. She's weird in a good way.

>not liking grimes is against le rules!! people who dont like grimes are le troleing!! if you talk about her appearance it's off topic even though grimesfags talk about her appearance in every other post
-Sup Forums's wonderful moderation team 2017

if you have nothing to contribute to music discussion, then fuck off

she needs to die

she needs to fucking die