Is there anyone here that recommends music that they've discovered on their own?

Is there anyone here that recommends music that they've discovered on their own?
Not from Sup Forumscore charts or other Sup Forumsfags on RYM.

When I ask for recs I just get albums that are constantly regurgitated over and over again around here. Nobody ever has any "gems" or lesser known records to recommend.
Do any of you have actual individualistic tastes? Or should I give up on Sup Forums and look for a community that really knows about music?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/collection/Androol/recent/
youtube.com/watch?v=TM8yothFcp8
youtube.com/watch?v=qwqwrnyRhBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uChjf1Zmqkw
youtube.com/watch?v=8OKwlBHREAo
youtube.com/watch?v=-t06Kg3LwyE
youtu.be/EwC3RlfT0Lk
youtube.com/watch?v=6FRS7LQRjOI
youtube.com/watch?v=Zhc0y6Og5_4
youtube.com/watch?v=YANI6HHwhL4
youtube.com/watch?v=MbopXZTZ--o
youtube.com/watch?v=GUUtmaBBhvA
youtube.com/watch?v=WGai-laXnyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Y3PwteHlkN4
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5tJpt1f_YA
youtube.com/watch?v=XZ4U2hD9vlM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Grimes

rateyourmusic.com/collection/Androol/recent/

nope u should leave

I love to rec "unusual" stuff on Sup Forums but I always feel like no one pays attention to stuff that is not circlejerked 24/7

The only people on Sup Forums who really seem to have good and individual tastes are the ones who are basically obsessed with one or two genres.

IMO everybody on Sup Forums tries way too hard to have diverse, eclectic taste and ends up just knowing the absolute essentials and most surface level albums in many genres.

That's whats wrong with the board in general.

Same shit posted every day.

Ru4reel

You can't even dig through 2 fucking pages?

The problem is you not us.

I do all the time, but it's usually ignored. This board seems to only care about hip hop, indie synthpop or meme music.

I see maybe, MAYBE, four albums that aren't constantly posted here right now.
Stop bullshitting me and yourself.

you're just another drone who will listen to anything (from a big label or posted on mu) just because it's recent

Every internet community about music is cancer because everyone who thinks his opinion about music matters is cancer.
It's a taste, keep it to yourself.

People only respond if it's an album they already know or have at least seen posted before.

Best thing you can do when reccing your own shit is to post a sample and a download link. Basically have to do everything but plug their headphones in to get it heard or talked about.

Yeah fucking right

I have done more digging than either of you will ever know. And this is only what I've rated. I've heard about 5 times this many from The last two months alone. That is the point. You asked? I do it.

here u go youtube.com/watch?v=TM8yothFcp8
>inb4 this is too obscure for me

lol
if the person is actually interested in music they'll look up the "link and sample" on their own
you're just another one who doesn't know how to discuss music
you're the actual cancer

youtube.com/watch?v=qwqwrnyRhBQ

artist named spike, 1981 self recorded pop / rock. uploaded this song myself because it wasn't on youtube.
The guy who recorded it himself also commented on the video about recording it in a crack house

if you like it gimmie a sub, I just bought all three of his albums from a record store in Amsterdam and once they ship to me I'm going to rip and upload them online in full, post it to my site www.martinradio.com and in sharethreads as well

There is no need to discuss music, because every discussion is solved with "this is music, i like it" there is no reason to take it any further other than getting your ego petted.

I'll say it again: you don't know how to discuss music
and you're probably too lazy/not that much into music to learn
Sup Forums is really your place

>You are not that into music.
That might be right by your definition of music. I for myself don't really care anymore what others think about my taste - adjusting it to others makes me listen to music i don't like and conveying it to others is useless because it's my taste.

In the end you listen to at least 70% of the music you hear alone. Why would you need anyones opinion on that?

I see your Martin Denny and raise you Korla Pandit

youtube.com/watch?v=uChjf1Zmqkw

I'll give you some cool stuff that I've found out about just by being canadian and involved with local musicians

youtube.com/watch?v=8OKwlBHREAo
youtube.com/watch?v=-t06Kg3LwyE

There's a band called new god from my area and I think you guys might like them
youtu.be/EwC3RlfT0Lk
More" is a god song so I'd say skip to that first, or "demon Chant"

I'll dump some

Savant - Protos

youtube.com/watch?v=6FRS7LQRjOI

Terje is love

Now this is an album I have seen posted here literally hundreds of times.

Thats all i've got in mind for now. Enjoy!

I expected another uninspired Sarcófago tribute, I got a sound above that. Black death "war" metal from Brazil, it's one of my local favorites.

Also this album features Goat (ex-Von) on vocals in a couple of tracks.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zhc0y6Og5_4

>if the person is actually interested in music they'll look up the "link and sample" on their own

They're not interested in it. That's the answer to your "why is everything Sup Forumscore" question.

Look up Ricky Eat Acid. I reccomend Mixtape 1 for your first listen, but he released a new LP last year. Too many people are sleeping on this dude

I haven't seen it to often. But it deserves loads of love anyways

Brazilian alternative rock/shoegaze from the early 90's. Was expecting a carbon-copy of Sonic Youth like Killing Chainsaw but it's pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=YANI6HHwhL4

Then you don't spend enough time here. That album posted in this thread is a gigantic fail.

I told you the reason why i posted it here and tried to close the conversation. If you're looking for an argument go bother someone else. Thank you :)

nobodys sleeping on teensuicide
fuck off

See

I come here and lurk sometimes but ive never posted or listened to what is on here,

This is what I like

>END OF HUMANITY
youtube.com/watch?v=MbopXZTZ--o

>smokey ladies in tha nightfall
youtube.com/watch?v=GUUtmaBBhvA

>DOOMSHOP
youtube.com/watch?v=WGai-laXnyQ

this is terrible kill yourself

lol my old friend david likes this guy not 4 me tho

youtube.com/watch?v=Y3PwteHlkN4

I was sleeping on them until you posted about them, and I recommended the band. You fuck off, fuck off real good

39 YEAR OLD MAN

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5tJpt1f_YA

httpS://rateyourmusic.com/collection/Yenta/r5.0

FREE6LACK - an R&B album who I'd compare to a darker-flavored Frank Ocean, just about as dark as Bryson Tiller but maintaining artistic value

Of Montreal - The Gay Parade

For example?

I turn 40 in April

Thank you for your concern

it was all over the place when it came out, not so much anymore

Can confirm 6lack is good. It reminded me that without drums, trap is basically ambient

How do you feel about Oliver?
youtube.com/watch?v=XZ4U2hD9vlM

Have you heard of Tame Impala?

I found this one on my own and love it. If you don't like ambient music it may not be for you