"The downfall of the music industry came about chiefly because of mass corporate marketing. When I was coming up...

"The downfall of the music industry came about chiefly because of mass corporate marketing. When I was coming up, the music world was controlled by the individual scenes and their dedicated fans. Today that doesn't exist; instead record companies use marketers and focus groups to give the masses what they want, and you can see the results."

funny because oasis are the most corporate manufactured band of the 90s. 100% calculated and yet with all that industry push they still ended up one hit wonders. That's how much they suck.

Oh joy, it's another bitter old has-been yelling at a cloud.

He's 100% correct.

inb4 Oasis fans saying "it's just bantz man xDD"

>When I was coming up, the music world was controlled by the individual scenes and their dedicated fans.

Imagine being THIS deluded

Nope. Record companies don't give people what they want. They're in the business of TELLING people what they want and what to think.

>retards ITT not google searching this quote

Spoiler: he never said that

It's true. Sorry Shareblue.

t. guy Noel's age

Translation: "I'm old and I don't pay any attention to the current underground/alternative scenes like I did in 1993, ergo the only music that exists is Katy Perry."

Fuck... Really makes you think about the inevitable monopolizing effects of capitalism

wow a musician of popular music talking shit about.. popular music
sooooooooooooo cool and edgy

Lowest common denominator, he right but its hardly a revelation. However theyre not given real fans of music something to like.

Things like itunes, spotify, bandcamp and straight up pirating and sharing online have real put the power back into the individual listener also

>Oasis
>One hit wonders

this is the best debate on Sup Forums

Youre too young to be on this site kiddo

>caring what the Shit Brothers think

Yeah, they have lots of hits, like Wonderwall, and..... uh..................

you're just asking to get btfo aren't you

Dee Snider said there's plenty of exciting young bands out there in clubs making music if you cared to find it. Why is he the only dadrocker who seems like a genuinely cool guy instead of a bitter old fuck?

they literally have one #1 in the US (the only chart that matters)

Idk lou reed was pretty cool before he died and I'm guessing cause dee snyder never made "serious" music like a lot of dadrockers so he's got a sense of fun and humor like Sparks

Probably because he's never taken himself seriously since day 1, whereas Noel legitimately thought he was the next Paul McCartney

They are. Theyve hardly been miased since the mid 2000s. Face it.

Lemmy acknowledged that there's plenty of kids out there playing rock alright, but he said the problem is that they're all faggy hipster alternative bands and there's no macho cockrock like Motorhead anymore.

They have zero #1s in the us. They have five Top 40 singles.

Cant be the only one that wishes Noel Gallagher would fuck off, man hasn't been relevant since the 90s

not at all

they manufactured their own hype enough so they were a thing in a local scene

labels took over their marketing but it was years after they had made their bones

this quote misses the point though, because back in his day, scenes actually existed. There are none because of the internet. Theres no places to play music live anymore.