Greetings Sup Forums, filthy casual reporting in. I'm going through the Sup Forums essentials chart...

Greetings Sup Forums, filthy casual reporting in. I'm going through the Sup Forums essentials chart, and pic related is my progress so far.

So far, I've been frustrated by albums with one song at or near the beginning which is of better quality than the rest of the album. I'll come up with some rating when I hear that song, then I have to revise my rating downward after hearing more of the album. For instance:

>Kid A - "The National Anthem"
>Merriweather Post Pavilion - "My Girls"
>American Football - "Never Meant"
>Nowhere - "Seagull"
>Discovery - "Digital Love"
>Mezzanine - "Rising Son"

Anyway, am I going to have to put up with this shit for the rest of my listening experience? Does anyone else find this annoying?

>didn't like Mezzanine
what fucking shit taste

Some songs are better than other songs, this isn't too much of a surprise and it's foolish to think that every album is consistent throughout. But what is it about Emergency & I that you hate so much.

Anyways it seems like you're more into electronic than anything else, so check out some more Sup Forumscore electronic shit:

Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase
Autechre - Amber
Thom Yorke - Tomorrow's Modern Boxes
Oneohtrix Point Never - Garden of Delete

Take your sorry fucking ass and your shit taste and leave this board you raging autist

>all highest rated albums are electronic

>>Merriweather Post Pavilion - "My Girls"

my girls isn't even close to the best on the album you shitter

Funny story about it, actually. A while ago I was at some hipster cafe and heard "Teardrop" playing over the speakers. I didn't know what it was, but I remember it distinctly because of how outrageously bad it was. So then, I was just recently listening to Mezzanine and that same song came on, and lo and behold, it was the same terrible music I had heard at the cafe. A bit of a shock to the system coming directly after the fairly enjoyable "Rising Son".

How many times do you actually listen to an album? I only rate something after I've listened to it 4 times, 3 of those times while focused on something else, 1 of those times focused just on the music. If you're just listening once your ratings kinda make sense, if not you just have shit taste and should be banned from this board.

sage

>American Football- "Never Meant"
o i am laffin

Thank you for giving the only good-natured reply. It seems like a lot of people here are very bitter and have trouble interacting with people appropriately.

As for Emergency & I, these were the things I disliked about it:

>instrumentation seemed too raw and sparse, lacking interesting arrangements or layers of sound
>both forms of vocal delivery (singing and screaming) sounded annoying
>un-relatable lyrics
>chord progressions seemed poorly-designed, lacking satisfying cadences

Thank you for the recommendations.

this is fucking awful

How about spiderland, MPP, american football, Soundtracks for the blind, VU&N?

I mostly disagree but w/e. ITCOTCK is indeed the best mucore, but why in the fuck is RIL so low?!
Also, My Girls is clearly bottom half MPP. Daily Routine or In the Flowers are much better (but In the Flowers would help your point, so theres that too)
>I remember it distinctly because of how outrageously bad it was
>Teardrop
REEEEEEEE

What a picky cunt. You'll fit right in.

wew you have bad taste

>How about spiderland, MPP, american football, Soundtracks for the blind, VU&N?

Spiderland: seems like a tough nut to crack. That was just my initial impression. I wouldn't mind giving it another shot. But as I said before, I don't care for sparseness in my music. Another thing I found a little off-putting was all of the spoken vocals.

MPP: Well, I thought My Girls was catchy, but the rest seemed pretty boring to me, frankly. Sounds like they wrote some uninteresting pop music and tried to spice it up by adding a bunch of gimmicky blips.

American Football: I thought the first song had a cool riff, but beyond that, there was a bunch of stuff I don't like: Sparse arrangements, sad vocals, and a lack of variety.

Soundtracks for the Blind: I found it pretty interesting and was impressed by how well Swans managed to craft a dark and depressing atmosphere. I respect this album as a work of art. The relatively low rating was just because I prefer not to listen to music that makes me depressed, simple as that.

VU&N:
I hear this was very influential in its time. I understand and respect that, but to be honest I found it a little boring. I don't have too much to nitpick about it, just that it seemed dry.

>I prefer not to listen to music that makes me depressed
You're not gonna fit in here at all I can see

>I mostly disagree but w/e. ITCOTCK is indeed the best mucore, but why in the fuck is RIL so low?!

It was funky, but a little too funky. Abrasively, jarringly funky. I didn't hate it or anything, it's just something that I'd really need to be in the mood to appreciate.

>Also, My Girls is clearly bottom half MPP. Daily Routine or In the Flowers are much better (but In the Flowers would help your point, so theres that too)

I respect your opinion.

>REEEEEEEE

When the singer does that weird upward inflection thing in the main vocal melody, it feels like a dick is being inserted into my ear and raping my brain. Immediate, visceral distaste. It's the kind of thing that I can't really explain, just a painful sensory phenomenon.

I made this to attention whore in your attention whore thread

You sure like to give out those 9's and 10's like candy, huh?

I know right, it's almost as if he likes music or something

Fair enough. I didn't like MPP or Spiderland on first listen but not Spiderland is a fav and I really like MPP, try revisiting them in the future

no I don't, I just happen to agree with what classic records are

What kind of music do you even like?

>it's just something that I'd really need to be in the mood to appreciate.
Ok, fair. I'm probably just in the mood more often.
> It's the kind of thing that I can't really explain, just a painful sensory phenomenon.
Weir. Never listen to cocteau twins.
>I respect your opinion.
Y-you too

The Sup Forumscore chart is a bad place to start getting into music. It's just a bunch of random album suggestions that obviously are not gonna appeal to you on your first listen so stop immediately and check out the classics or other albums in the genre you already enjoy. Besides this, fuck you for making this thread.

I mean its miles better than OP's ratings

wait wait wait
digitial love sucks ass short circuit is the best track whaat are you on about

I bet you're one of those insufferable faggots who thinks he's so cool because he's hard-to-please, or at least pretends to be. I bet you always can't wait post your rating curve in RYM threads, jacking yourself of over how your average rating is like 2.0 or some shit.

>orbs adventures beyond the ultraworld
>5
>dubnobasswithmyheadman
>6
yet you give fedora jungle and 8 and shitty spork-core indietronica trash a 9
please consider ending your existence thanks

this will be my new copypasta

I thought you had some clever arguments, you're just a pleb.