Sup americunts. i have a question for you as Google fails to provide me with a definitive answer:

sup americunts. i have a question for you as Google fails to provide me with a definitive answer:
can i as a Scandinavian, ( member of EU ) legally drive cars in the US? ( California )
i have a Danish drivers license which let's me drive all over EU. some websites say i don't need an international one and others say i do.
I'm visiting my gf in Cali this Christmas and her parents suck and she doesn't have a driver's license herself so I'm gonna be driving us around.. would really appreciate some help.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i mean the easiest way to do it would be to call a dmv

You're good. If you were moving there, it'll obviously be a different story.

Don't know about EU but I'm Canadian and had no issue renting a car in California. I was around 22 then

I'm not renting a car, we're using one of my gf's parent's car. i just wanna make sure i can legally drive their car.

Why on earth would you ask this on /b.
Send an inquiry to a car rental or something

>"The State of California does not recognize an International Driving Permit (IDP)."

> needs irl info
> goes straight to Sup Forums

Well OP is obviously autismo

The international driving permit is a different thing. If they don't accept it, then it is more likely that they will accept a danish one.
I know that here in scandinavia we accept californian driving licences, but the americans are weird sometimes.

>just wanna make sure i can legally drive their car.

well.. fuck. why the heck would people write in articles that you can drive in cali if it's not true..fml

IDP's and international license is not the same? wtf. i guess I'll have to look even deeper into this...

youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo

Fellow dane here .. used to drive in My dk licenser only, but that was in NC. Might be different for California ... In any case, why don't you ask the US consulate in Copenhagen ?

On my and license ... Stupid phone

>call a dmv

retarded advice. You'll be on the phone for 20 hours. Or you might kill yourself first

kan man bare google sig frem til det? eller har du links?

Fuck you danish shit. Koenigsegg is not yours faggot. Danish shit will never be gud.
From your friendly swed.

Also. Danish language sounds retarded.

It's a sort of a global permit you can take, not sure what it is required for but I worked in a car rental for 6 years and we didn't accept them.
I have rented and driven a car in cali with my scandinavian driver's license. So there is that.

who gives a shit man. i like Swedes and Norwegians too. except for the refugees but that's a different story.

>we accept Cali

Then its probable that they practice reciprocity. Yes to answer your question.

But don't be retarded ask the secretary of state office when you land.

interesting.. when i read guides they tell either need an international one or that my Danish license works. i think I'm just gonna call the consultant to find this out..

You need an international translation of your license. It's the gray book and shows your qualifications in a bunch of different languages including English. It is not s license - you need to present your proper license at the same time.

I live in Switzerland and drive in the USA on my Swiss license about six trips a year.