RATM

RATM was the greatest rock band of the 1990s.

Nirvana while outstanding in catchiness and songwriting as far as pop songs go, could not compete with Rage's unprecedented innovation and visceral power.

Tom Morello's guitar playing was the most groundbreaking and genius contribution to 90's rock. There was no one like them and they were fucking incredible.

RATM where always garbage corporate produced controlled opposition.

>helped create nu-metal
>helped spread the idea that rap and rock can go together
No RATM are garbage and so are Nirvana. The 90s is the most overrated decade in music history

RATM was dog shit thanks to their fuck awful singer and his nigger rap style.

meh

This

Also Fugazi is objectively the best rock band of the 90s

>where

RATM gets cringier with each passing year. Some really gimmicky, alt-funk rap metal and openly communist iconography. De La Rocha is a whack, corny rapper, Morello is a gimmicky guitarist and Wilk is a stiff drummer. Only Commerford was a decent bassist.

Overall whack ass band.

Royal Trux wants a word with you.

Their discography varies too greatly in quality, but they're still top 10

Top 1 in the 90s. Top 5 American band all time. No disrespect to Fugazi.

Unwound > Fugazi

Who else would you rank in the top 5? That sounds like a bit of an overstatement, not to call you out, I'm legit curious

I loved RATM when I was an antifa, even saw them live once. but then I took the red pill and stopped listening to them; they are marxist, anti-white, equalitarian useful idiots.

>De La Rocha is a whack, corny rapper
You somewhat have a point there

>Morello is a gimmicky guitarist
Morello's guitarplay is nothing short of revolutionary. Him having his own truly distinct style that happens to sounds brilliant isn't a "gimmick".

Tom Morello knows what what his talent is and wisely sticks to the style he excels at and everyone loves. This should be commended, especially in an age where most artist flock to an entirely different style the moment they gain clout, forgetting what made them famous and adored in the first place.

>Overall whack ass band.
RATM in their prime (first 3 albums) cannot be considered wack by any reasonable standard.

Tbh that was pretty cringy and I like RATM

Of 90s rock bands?

1. Royal Trux
2. Lungfish
3. Unwound
4. Pavement
5. Fugazi

if desu

Nobody gives a rat's ass about Morellos solo output, so much for "revolutionary guitarist". He's studio guitarist through and through, he might now his guitar inside out from a technical perspective but he's musically very limited. That scratching he does on Bulls on Parade is just obnoxiously gimmicky. There's a reason nobody does that because it sounds like shit.

>anti-white

why do white people have the biggest victim complexes?? also marxist is a bit of a leap for RATM, they're just edgy liberals with che t-shirts, i doubt they've ever read marx or engels or mao

I meant of American rock bands of all time but I'm glad you included Pavement, despite becoming tumblrcore

American bands all time? In no particular order:

The Grateful Dead
Velvet Underground
Royal Trux

Then idk. CCR? Moby Grape? Lungfish? Television?

say what you will about their music but they did predict Trump would be president

>Nobody gives a rat's ass about Morellos solo output, so much for "revolutionary guitarist"
Tons of otherwise great bandmates fall off after breakup and create shitty solo work, Tom is no exception.

>There's a reason nobody does that because it sounds like shit.
It was beyond it's time and still is. It's also a style that's hard to pull off and give an original spin on.

>marxist is a bit of a leap for RATM, they're just edgy liberals with che t-shirts
On the "Bombtrack" video, they are promoting Shining Path, a Peruvian Maoist guerilla terrorist group. The voice support for the ELZN and Morello is an anarcho syndicalist and a member of the IWW. Their 3 prime albums were all made raging against the Clinton years so they're certainly no liberal Democrat pussies.

They (rightfully) despise the American empire and the parasitic economic elites that profits off it. Isn't that what you "redpills" would call the ZOG?

>They (rightfully) despise the American empire and the parasitic economic elites that profits off it. Isn't that what you "redpills" would call the ZOG?
And they did do while under contract with Sony?

Yeah, no.

Fake ass band. Fuck off.

Wow actually didn't know Bombtrack was about Shining Path. 'Anarcho-syndicalist' is really just a fancy way to say you like pretending to be a uber-leftist but still can't be bothered reading about the actual successful revolutionaries because they're TANKIES but now i'm just ranting

fuck off shills. This fake ass corporate band never said one thing that was truly anti-establishment.

I don't even like the band, how am I a shill?

Yes we might be on the same page about that but not on the rest.
They are advocates of open borders, BLM, cultural marxism, Mumia Abu jamal and many other zio-marxist diseases.

>It was beyond it's time and still is. It's also a style that's hard to pull off and give an original spin on.

Every singe time he did that solo live, it sounded like complete and utter dogshit. The studio version was obviously heavily modified. I wouldn't call crudely scratching on guitar strings "timeless".

>cultural marxism
>zio-marxist diseases

ok dude, we get it, you're a fucking moron. i mean, where do i even begin unpacking this comment? you do know marxists are predominately anti-zionist right? although i'm sure your definition of zionist is just THE JEWS, , right?

There's nothing wrong with abusing the capitalist system to spread subversive propaganda against it. What else should they do? Move to Cuba or live in an obscure commune? How the fuck will that bring about any change?

The goal is to spread anti-establishment propaganda as widely as possible, not exemplifying a perfect moral communist lifestyle.

Have you even read any of their lyrics?

I agree, anarcho syndicalism became really impotent and childish after revolutionary unionism was crushed in the US.

>muh attacking the system from within

FUCK OFF

Exactly. The dust has settled. They didn't do shit.

RATM weren't worth one of Ian Mackye's hangnails.

>not using any means and tools necessary to undermine the system and spread class consciousness to as many people as possible
Name a more effective tactic

I don't know shit about Fugazi, but what did he do better?

>What else should they do?

Release their music on an independent label maybe? Indie labels were around during the 90s. After the enormous success of their debut they could have easily released all their following albums on an indie label but didn't. They continued to play festivals sponsored by major corporations and never did anything remotely revolutionary. Burning the american flag on stage isn't revolutionary or brave, every schmuck can do that. They were as faux-revolutionary as Slayer was faux-satanic. All style, no substance.

Cultural Marxism is a jewish designed ideology (financed by capitalis Jews) to destroy the West culturally. It is for the goyim.
Zionism is for the Jews.
Marxism and Zionism go hand in hand. Not in terms of ideology but for the benefit of World's Jewry.
They fell for the first one, useful idiots.

I agree they could have done a lot more, but what is an example of a left wing musician who has done enough to inspire social change in your view?

You're either joking, or you're delusional. Sup Forums is a fucking cancer.

I like their music a lot, but their songs can get a little repetitive

Hes right tho. Lies are comfy and easy

nah, Marxism is anti-Globalism per se.

useful idiots are Social Democrats, libertards and cuckervatives.

other illiterate retard..

WHAT ABOUT ORIGINAL SMASHING PUMPKINS

fuck white people

As much as I love listening to it, their cringe-worthy hyprocrisy is too much to stand. How can you call yourself some sort of communist/anti-capitalist and still release your records through a big label?

What's Lungfish like?

Like minimalist Fugazi fronted by Walt Whitman.

yea, they're pretty awesome, i don't get all the nazis in this thread tho

Drive like jehu > Unwound > Fugazi

Wow, cool. Which album is my best bet?

not him but I like sound in time, indivisible, and artificial horizon the most

Maybe start with Pass and Stow?

Bestever albums says Unanimous Hour, it wrong?

I like pass and stow and rainbows from atoms, but they're all good.

Kek this thread took an unexpected turn.

Lungfish were soooooo much cooler than RATM.

Get off my board Sup Forums

Their music is overshadowed by their cringey lyrics. I don't enjoy the whole "muh politics" spiel, but their music is good.

their music had no charm. it wasnt catchy at all

RIGHTO OL CHAP!

>catchy = good

Rage Against The Machine [Epic, 1993]

metal for rap lovers and opera haters ("Wake Up", "Know Your Enemy"). **

Evil Empire [Epic, 1996]

Three years late, it's the militant rap-metal everyone knew was the next big thing. Zach de la Rocha will never be Linton Kwesi Johnson, but collegiate leftism beats collegiate lots of other things as well as high school misogyny, and it takes natural aesthetes such as these to pound home such a sledgehammer analysis. A-

The Battle of Los Angeles [Epic, 1998]

if only it promised as much for the future of rock leftism as it did the future of rock guitar ("Guerrilla Radio", "Calm Like A Bomb"). *

Renegades [Epic, 2000] :(

>makes guitar go BEW BEE BOO BOOP like a turntablist on every song

>most groundbreaking contribution in 90's rock

he's pointing at us...........

agree 1000%