The problem: how do I determine what the voltage of each resistor in parallel is if theres 4V between them?

The problem: how do I determine what the voltage of each resistor in parallel is if theres 4V between them?

U= R × I
Volt = ohm × amp

Is the voltage drop across the two parallel resistors 4V, or Vcc->GND?

First work out the equivalent series resistance of the resistors in parallel. I assume it is 4V across the parallel resistors.

Not possible to have 4v here go to school faggot

It can't be 4V between them. Voltage drip is the same on both pararell resistors

OP needs to check his current. It should be 50mA.

Same

Put a ground on that circuit or drop it in the bin, kid, because as it is, it doesn't make any sense.

First find the equivalent resistance of the two resistors in parallel.Find the voltage drop across that resistance and divide it by two.
And brace yourself when you get to do it with complex numbers, you fucking shitstain.

Also, what do you mean with "between" them?

Between top and bottom, I assume.

Where's ground? Where's the power rail? There's no voltage drop if it doesn't have somewhere to go

Theres the full question if anyone wants to go through it. Not really bothered about parts 1 and 2, just want the continuation marks for 3

0 volts each, broken circuit.

That's a voltage divider, you fucknut.

Sonofabitch! B does homework? WTF. I thought white supremacists could only subtract and divide

Finally my electronics degree is worth a shit.

Thats correct user

>voltage drop in same node

Part 1 the resisor Y is 1800 ohms

Will work out rest if OP still there. Also can provide working.

80 ohms is wr0ng, it's 1.8k.

combined resistance is 1/((1/1.8)+(1/4.7)) = 1.3k

so voltage across Z is 5.5V

Still here and working would be very appreciated. Im still getting 80 ohms for that one

You want the bottom voltage to be one and a half times as big as the top voltage? the bottom resistor has gotta be one and half times as big as the top one aswell. 1.5*1.2 = 1.8

First you have to compute the parallel resistance between Y and Z ,let.s say is W. And so 1/W=1/Y+1/Z. Then you have simple voltage divider between the series X and W resistors.same current and so Uo/Uin=R2/(R1+R2)

Here you are. Bump and I'll do rest.

I think OP electrocuted himself a while back, thread's dead

lol

cheeky

Thank you, this part makes sense finally

Also apologies for not understanding everyones gibberish, only took physics this year

No probs. Dr of Electrical and Electronic Engineering here. Hopefully I did enough working for you to follow. Will do rest now hold on.

Correct... 100%

can you hire me?

about to graduate with an electromech eng degree

You can pick one. Sparks or spanners. Which do you pick?

Maybe you could learn how to draw a proper fucking schematic with the correct symbols for things before asking for help, faggot.

All these people hating on the schematic like they're experts themselves.

I'm an expert, and the original sketch was shit. MSEE checking in, if I'm to be believed.

>electromech degree
wut

People with doctorates tend to work for universities. Not all the time, but quite a bit of it. PhDs in engineering aren't really common outside academia. So, the doc probably doesn't have a job for you, unless you're a grad student.

D.Eng. It doesn't help the student to criticise so harsh. What is important is that they and others can interpret their work, which I could.

this

what the fuck made you do a master in engineering science? electronics is depressing as it is in general engineering

Eh, I'm going to respectfully disagree. I had a TA in an Intro to Discrete Logic lab that, when asked for help, would rip wires or of students breadboard if they were messy. It was harsh, but it also taught you to keep your circuits neat (making them easier to troubleshoot).

We're talking about a drawing here. The student needs to learn the mathematics first, that is most important at this stage. Drawing comes with practice and viewing other circuits.

Agreed. Sloppy work could result in someone getting electrocuted in the real world. Best to practice attention to detail early on.

I wanted to. Has it helped me in my career? Not really, but it was a good experience and some of the stuff i worked with as a GRA has helped me be an engineer in the oil and gas industry.

V
>electrocuted

read the next four words after electrocuted
In no way did I imply that I thought he would get electrocuted from this problem.

Yeah, but in the real world, I'm drawing shit all the damn time. I do more sketching than engineering! Conveying information is critical: a shitty sketch that can be readily understood is fine; the finest sketch that makes no sense is useless.

And 10V could electrocute a person, but it would take some doing.

fixed for you retard

KISS

I got this answer as well.

Yeah I completely agree. Just think learning the maths is most important for this person at this stage.

yeah always pays to:
Keep
It
Simple
Son

OP should know the math, the real challenge is understanding how to apply known equations to the problem.

Unless OP is getting a two-year tech degree, in which case they probably don't know the math, but it doesn't matter anyway because you don't need to know voltage dividers to take orders at Denny's. ZING!

you have placed Ry value of 1.8k where Rx value of 1.2k should be and have 0.06 volts too much

0.6 too much oops

voltage is shared if they're in parallel