I don't use Sup Forums and I don't give a shit what you think of my taste in film

>I don't use Sup Forums and I don't give a shit what you think of my taste in film.

Please give me more films like Pic Related, I've already seen her other works and I want something with lots of long drone-y cuts that still feels cozy at the same time.

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/u9dh5w8bj0ddslb/list/little-girls-are-the-best/
youtube.com/watch?v=GMQ7uz8qStk
youtube.com/watch?v=rSMU4DLRJdg
tastekid.com/like/Somewhere
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sofia Coppola is pretty shit habibi. Lost in translation is her only good film.

Who are you quoting?

I was prefacing. I know Sofia isn't the best becuase most people consider her "boring" but I like more drawn out films like "Like Someone in Love" for example I just want more films like Somewhere. I've already seen Palo Alto

They aren't boring, they are just shit

Cool opinion I didn't ask for. Can you just rec me some fucking films like I asked please.

Virgin suicides

Paris, Texas.

Keep that stick in your ass and drown in the archives instead

Great friendly community you got here.

Sorry I just wanted some films. Sorry I didn't ask for recs like Ozu or Korine, or whatever stuff you circle jerk around here.

How ever am I supposed to find these creators that are better than Coppola if you refuse to rec them rec me.

C'mon just give me more films with long drawn out shots and minimal dialogue.

Paper Moon obviously she clearly ripped it off from that.

How naive are you? Sup Forums is a shit site, it's best for you to just leave this shithole.

>says the nigga who whined because someone gave an opinion
You were at fault too primadonna

What did you like about the film? Long takes? There are thousands of films like that. Google Slow Cinema, for starters.

Who beats Coppola as a female director?

The Wachowskis

>Please give me more films like Pic Related
Here you go: letterboxd.com/u9dh5w8bj0ddslb/list/little-girls-are-the-best/

>long drone-y cuts
define "drone-y"

Her niece Gia

I like the more or less fly on the wall feeling it's hard to describe, I love the slow dragging cuts and the slight awakrdness they all give. I love the very very loose narrative structure to it.

Here are some of my favorite moments in the film for example.

youtube.com/watch?v=GMQ7uz8qStk

youtube.com/watch?v=rSMU4DLRJdg

And the scene where he's getting his mask put on.

It's more or less the slowcore of movies to me, it's very dull and mundane but somehow extremely interesting, I'd compare it to one of Plath's poems even. It all feels so intimate yet uninvolved.

I also like how quite Somewhere is is really quiet in terms of sound design everything about the film is just so hush and it never gets very loud and it all feels quaint.

I can't find any clips but if you've seen the Bling Ring the scene where it's just them running in and out of Rachel Bilson house as they rob it and the camera slowly pulls out I want more camera work like that.

I can't find the exact clip but the one where it's just Johnny sitting in the chair with the mask on his face and the camera slowly drags out and all you here is him breathing.

Or in the Bling Ring when they rob Rachel Bilson's house.

yes, yes, well done user, well done user

HOWEVER

The Brown Bunny.

>my taste is.above all criticism and I demand you give me more shit films and do it fast!

Check out some IMDB lists you faggot

Underrated film.

tastekid.com/like/Somewhere

Only non meme answer ITT

Thanks for the help!

Anything else is welcome

Kill yourself, pathetic tourist