Was nirvana like the 1975 of their time? does anyone who was alive then know?

was nirvana like the 1975 of their time? does anyone who was alive then know?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCeGQ_eIPzs
youtube.com/watch?v=3CTsGievjMU&t=36s
wickedweasel.com/en/ww_model_galleries/2573
youtube.com/watch?v=DWSH3P7YSKc&index=3&list=PLZRYsmieKWQ8f78hk_AtojEqGSaA69hMT
youtube.com/watch?v=fgAImk7PCf0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who tf is she

No although I'm not particularly familiar with The 1975

I got into Nirvana after Nevermind like most people and then saw them for In Utero. His body was actually found on my 16th birthday

Bait post,
The 1975 are trash

like, big among poseurs and people who think there music taste is good, but actually isn't?

does she adult movies by any chance?

No not really. I'll try and think of a good band for that.

the 1975 is good tho

Nirvana can only compare to someone like Lady Gaga, who came out of freakin nowhere and made people go, "holy shit! This sounds and looks different!". Only instead of madonna type shit, it was a style that the mainstream never heard before, played by people who just dressed like regular dudes

:/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCeGQ_eIPzs
youtube.com/watch?v=3CTsGievjMU&t=36s

i don't pay attention to any of their interviews
i just like the music.

I guess the white stripes is a good example, or any other band that virtually everyone, even normies knew about that had more than a few hit songs to support themselves with. Also add a fiery frontman.

>16th birthday

holy shit you're old

do you reckon they sound kind of similar? I think kurt is genuinely cooler and made genuinely better music, but maybe if nirvana fans were born ten years later they'd be listening to the 1975

no they are different personality wise.
what kurt did and say was "radical" at a time for a pop musician.
think the other guy saying lady gaga is spot on

I turn 40 in April

Dude are you fucktarded? Name one fucking song that sounds literally anything like nirvana? Where's the guitar? Where's the tortured yells? Where's the minimalist aspect? 1975 sounds like the 80s manufactured singalong boyband garbage that kurt cobain wanted to destroy, good job baiting me, you won

Oops nevermind it was my 17th birthday

I see what you did there

I meant in those two linked interviews, obviously there music is very different

How does it feel browsing on Sup Forums as 40 years old man?

It was all just a happy coincidence right down to my post number. I did consider capitalizing the n though.

I still haven't thought of a band. For starters poseurs were most often people who basically pretended they really liked bands who were actually cool just so they could seem cool. So I dont know if thats why I'm having a problem thinking of a band to fit the earlier mentioned criteria.

Pretty good actually especially Sup Forums. I actually just got back from a 3 day ban just for saying that I liked a Grimes picture because I could imagine she's urinating on me. Guess I won't post in grimes threads anymore.

Dude you'd be suprised how many artists speak like that. also wtf all I heard was the 1975 talk about how shit-serious he was, and kurt always downplayed his music and soecifically said his lyrics were garbage. Who let you on this board? Did you stumble over from b?

respect
please don't downvote me

Danke, it was just a ban from Sup Forums so I was grateful for that. I got some good work done in Sup Forums and saw that Reddit is still garbage. Why can they just not make their site shit? I don't understand that at all.

I was born a month before Kurt killed himself

How does one do good work on Sup Forums exactly?

There's a few older posters here. More than you'd expect desu. Music has no age limit.

Well the very last post I made on there was my letter to a legal defense fund about about filing a case with the supreme court which I only did because of the thread in question. Other than that offhand there were a couple people struggling with suicide. Not sure how much good I did but I tried to help as best I could. Some other things too maybe I dunno. I certainly don't prefer to be there but I tried to make good use of my time.

respectable. that's pretty inarguably good deeds

You shouldn't blame yourself like that.

Thank you, the supreme court case is for infant circumcision. It seems like a slam dunk. It's been to state supreme court a few times but never federal supreme court. What a coincidence. Meaning that it's such a slam dunk that it's been kept away.

I like it when you sleep.... Wasn't that great.

as a whole no?
but had some really great songs on it

are you Gerard Way by any chance

I'm trying to figure Grimes out right now. What do you like about her?

who is this bright-eyed qt?

I agree. Stuff like Somebody Else is good.

The Sound is a winner on the album, it's pretty good

D'oh

I think I mostly just enjoy Sup Forums's reaction to her. Until now, if I'm just gonna be banned for harmless fetish comments.

barbie girl

>she

mid life crisis is underrated
t. 40 yo

that's clearly a pusy though

pls give name, please I beg of you

generic skinny bitch #983489748974

Just tell me who she is please

Wicked Weasel Sara

kek
you guys come out of the closet yet?

wickedweasel.com/en/ww_model_galleries/2573

Cheers mate

What?

if you want to get into grimes then the best album to listen to would be geidi primes. that's her best so far. don't let any grimesposters tell you differently

OP did you pay for this?

>those hands
>that face
you'd practically be fucking a man with tits and a vag

we get it, little man. you can go back to posting on a minecraft subreddit now

as long you can accept youre pretty much a faggot is all that counts

Stay insecure kiddo

Yeah, then I'd have so much in common with what your Mom had to come to terms with.

we're all about andro here. you better straighten up if you're gonna hang with us

>Only instead of madonna type shit, it was a style that the mainstream never heard before, played by people who just dressed like regular dudes

Tom Petty kind of did it years before Nirvana, he even looked like Cobain.

>highschool shit talking

wew
you guys start your estrogen treatments yet?

No, you hogged the whole states supply.

If you're complaining about highschool shit talking, why do you highschool shit talk? Like for real, the very next sentence is a perfect example of high school shit talking.

Anyway, how's the closet?

HAHA you guys already done jerking off to your man?

>Anyway, how's the closet?
It's pretty nice, having a lot of fun with your dad.

"You have two kinds of bands. One is a group like the Pixies who have something meaningful to say in their music, and the other are the big, dumb, loud let's-party-until-the-world-ends bands like Van Halen."

that is such a stupid explanation

>dumb topic with click bait picture

Yeah, after making your Mom and your sisters pussys look like open shotgun wounds I didn't enough energy to blast your dad's ass too.

>40
>still posting on Sup Forums

What will you be doing at 40 little fella?

>under 40
>posting on Sup Forums instead of lereddit

Using VR to watch his virtual waifu get BLACKED

Petty wasn't as monumentally huge as Nirvana, also he was always kind of dadrock from day one.

they both seem like their trying so hard to sound smart and cool unlike this: youtube.com/watch?v=DWSH3P7YSKc&index=3&list=PLZRYsmieKWQ8f78hk_AtojEqGSaA69hMT

Only people who care about that kind of thing are the ones who are really insecure about their sexuality.

Same thing you do on Sup Forums today isn't it?

kek
this ones for you faggot

Damn, James Blake looks like THAT??

youtube.com/watch?v=fgAImk7PCf0

data isn't sarcastic he's just trying to fit in since he don't understand what it's like to be human

Be fat somewhere else.

>Sup Forums
>Not 40chan
You're in the wrong place kiddo

hot lil' bitch yowza