Thoughts on Legion, Sup Forums?

Thoughts on Legion, Sup Forums?

WoD was absolute trash. Haven't played Legion. Tell me if it's worth the money or if I should stick to not being a fucking loser

Worth playing for a few months, got boring eventually though

Ah, I see. That's not good, I don't fancy investing time/money in to it if I won't still be playing in a few months time.

eh if you like PVP fuck all to do
but PVE its pretty good raids are fun and mythic + are better , just grind and get better ilvl that's pretty much it. I only play it to do my daily world quests that's pretty much it but if you got yourself in a gulid you will be set for a good few months of gametime

Not entirely related but when the fuck is a world pvp event being released? (like ashran/tol barad/etc)

There's plenty of great things about legion. The M+ system is one of the best things to come out of the game. Only shitty players who can't get past generic +5-10 will tell you it's bad.

The expansion isn't without issues. Not being able to choose which legendary you get is unfortunate, but it's great otherwise.

I prefer PvP but it hasn't been particularly enjoyable the last few expansions so my expectations were low

That's cool, though, I still chat to my old guild etc and I'm sure I'd have a spot when I got to grips with the game again.

Rng loot is an issue. Rerouting from 873 two weeks ago. Hoping for better stat luck with another class.

Mythic (Or heroic if you cant) raiding and M+ dungeons are a lot of fun if you can find a good guild to play with. Really, a lot of players end up quitting because they just join the first guild that invites them and think they have to stay there. Go to your realm forums and look for a guild that fits your schedule.

Yeah I remember reading that legendaries will be RNG and I've heard nothing but complaints since. Blizzard are braindead when it comes to stuff like this.

It's really not brain dead, it's a part of how they gate content. They have to do this. It just costs.

Aye, yeah, I've essentially been in the same guild since Cata and they always invite me back after my 6-month long breaks from the game lol. It's 18+ and only allows very competent players.

i think its great

Variable schedule reinforcement has shown to be the MOST effective way of drawing in returning players. They tried to get away with it, but the vocal minority won't stop complaining about it, so they feel pressured to change it.

Aye, I am aware, but it's these kinds of decisions that cost the game ~60% of its subscriber base earlier this year. If I spend 1000 hours farming for something, it's incredibly unmotivating to see someone spend 3 hours and get the same thing I was going for.

nah it's just bad, and to soft-cap them at 4 really was braindead

The Good:
Was super hype for xpac.
Resubbed early, leveled alts to max in anticipation etc.
Legion dropped, played like a motherfucker.
New areas? Cool! Loved 2 of them, Suramar was so pretty first time through. (20th time makes you wanna die)
Story? Not_bad.jpg / it isnt all about demons, woo.
Raid? 7/7N, 5/7H with friends, sweet. Didn't last to HoV. Got to 569 ilvl protpally.
Dungeons? Loved 'em, better than WoD. M+ is sick, best recent feature.

The Bad:
Lemme max my profs. Oh it's RNG based. The mats take fucking forever to grind for. Leveling up is RNG. New recipes are RNG. I've made so many fucking flasks and I'm not max alc. I don't even have 3 star recipes in any.

Oh you only get one weapon this xpac. Hm. Sorta lame, relics are the same shit though. Aesthetically is has skins you unlock but theyre bullshit. That feel when you'll never get the feeling of a sick weapon drop.

Legendaries aren't special anymore (I didn't get a single one, bad luck) because everyone gets them and it's random. If you get a "bad" one, fuck your face. You cannot choose to pursue a legendary, there's no set of events you can do to trigger getting it, just play the game. Doesn't feel special.

Cooking? Fuck your face.

Leveling alts? Feels like you're behind forever because of Artifact weapons. If you're an alt player, it's gonna be tough. It's gonna be tough.

Not to mention you feel pigeon-holed into one spec (you aren't actually, but you feel like it) because of artifact weapons (you build one up so high! why would you change?)

Idk, there's more. I unsubbed because it just wasn't fun, I get games are mostly RNG, but they are least hide it with a flow-inducing gameplay loop. It's just so in your face in this xpac, it wasn't for me. Lots of friends still play though. I got my money out of it but won't be resubbing.

- Story is shit. It's disjointed and irrelevant to the theme of the expansion in 80% of the content. The great legion invasion has turned into a faggy elf party with mountain cows. It's a huge step down from the one good thing about WoD.

- Level design is meh. It's good, don't get me wrong. But as an old school player who's been in every expansion this is the first time I wasn't impressed. They did not improve on their skills and frankly took a step or two back. It just feels so damn generic. High mountain is a mountain. Val Shara is a forest. Etc etc.

- COnstantly having to work on your weapon is fucking t-total shit. It's boring and the rewards are so minimal that you don't feel like you accomplished anything with each level despite having a tree to shove points into for abilities. And it's the goddamn core of the expac.

- The raids are okay so far. Nothing special, not bad.

- Speaking only for mining/blacksmithing, it's a HUGE step back from the system in WoD. Gathering is back which is good. But the problem is WoD made sure craftables mattered through end game and Legion so far doe snot at all. This means that though you now have all this neat stuff to do with your gathering professions, there's no fucking point because the stuff you make has no goddamn market or practical value. WoD really scored a million in its crafting. Legion just pissed it all away for a system with less utility than any other expansion previously. Professions still don't matter but for entirely different reasons than before. Sad.

- Suramar is the end game leveling suite and it's boring as a mother fucker. Every quest is "go through this city you can't be caught walking in or you get mobbed to death like you're a newb on a PvP server". It's actually very beautiful and an interesting idea but the quest style that plays out in the city is brutally boring and tedious. Gigantic waste of opportunity there.

- Character balance has never been worse. EVER.

I posted I didn't hate the story but I felt like I didn't care about the plights of most of the characters. WoD had the better story for sure though.

I liked Stormheim, and the look of Val Shara, even if its just a forest. The others are fucking awful.

agree, artifact weapons are an awful idea (cool on paper, not fun in game)

When I first saw Suramar I was like DOOPPEE. But then you spend so much time farming fucking mana and in my case starlight rose, you just resent it. It's cool as fuck but dayum they make you hate it.

That was my thoughts on Suramar too. It truly is beautiful, the only part of this expac that really impressed me. And the idea of liberating a city is really cool, something I'd like more of. But the fucking mana and stealth quests just aren't fun. I don't like that the city is just one big over tuned fuck you to draw out boring stealth quests.

It's a very strange thing because I do consider this expac better than Wod, despite all my bitching. But just barely. And it got wrong things the dev team has NEVER gotten wrong before.

You got to 869 and 5/7H? That's pretty casual in terms of progression. The legendaries are USEFUL if you get a good one, but they aren't going to make or break your DPS or raiding progression.
You still get the same feeling of a new weapon upgrade when you get a better relic, at least everyone I know feels that way.
If you can't be bothered to unlock new artifact skins, then you just don't enjoy those parts of the game I guess.

i played once and when i walking walking outside of the starting zone i got stabbed by some fucking nigger orc and quit the game. worst 40$ i ever spent.