Advice thread. How to break out of a funk?

Advice thread. How to break out of a funk?

I've been depressed a few months now, very uncharacteristic. 34, male, white dude, no kids. No major issues other than just a stressful job I never wanted that pays a shit ton. Been single for over a year, never had problems dating just not interested in it lately. Motivation to do anything is super low.

What the hell is wrong with me? How do I go back to being myself?

First, you need to build your self-confidence to do anything. With the lack of motivation that you have right now, you need to take slow steps in order to better yourself. I recommend doing some basic introduction stuff to getting fit.

Google the couch to five-k program and follow the steps there. Keep on going until you've successfully reached the end. While you're doing that, you need to go to the gym and get fit as well.

Next, find a meaning to fight. Most people don't realize that getting fit and finding girls isn't enough to finish the job. Try going on Sup Forums and learn a few things from them. It's a somewhat decent board.

After that, find a girl. Online dating is decent enough, so keep on trying girls out until you find just the right one. Most of the time, the first girl won't work, so stay determined.

It's entirely up to you if you want to do something with your life. If you want to start changing things right now, I'd recommend you start with the couch to five-k program today.

I've done the fitness thing and dated a lot the past year, problem was even when everything was going well--good paying job, plenty of dates, 8-min miles--I still feel empty. It's like I've failed at doing something I can't identify.

What do you mean by find a meaning to fight? Tell me more about that.

Take a shower. Clean yourself as in haircut ahave all the goods. Clean the fuck out of your house and orgaize it. Sit down and just look at all the work you did. Then go get some bomb dinner. Get back home play a game of csgo. Rage because hackers and trolls. And drive car off bridge.

I know a great way for you to get out of your depression. How about you buy me an eva 9 pachinko?

>How to break out of a funk?
Segue into breakdancing.

Hello based human being.

Please stop listening to the stereotypical advices people tend to instantly remind others when they hear "lack of motivation"..

You are yourself, all the time, you haven't lost yourself. What you do is you tend to overevaluate way too much based on what happened before in your life and what is happening now. For further realistic advices please show an interest in my comment if there is any and I shall procceed. If not, just stop overevaluating, take a chill pill and roll with life. You aren't supposed to do anything extraordinary.

Most people don't have a goal in life, which is why they eventually regress back into the lifestyle that they previously held. A person with a meaning to live, someone who holds an image of what their end-game would look like, will always stick in the game of life, no matter how rough it gets. Whether it's some Sup Forums poster who believes that their end-game is turning everyone in the world into their cult of kek, or it's someone who legitimately is within a religion, they know what they're aiming for.

Some other filthier people like to aim their goals toward banging as many chicks as possible, or maybe some guy with a hobby aims to finally be good at the hobby that they do. It varies from person to person, and you just need to find your meaning in life the same as how everyone else did it. It'll take a while if Sup Forums doesn't satisfy you, but you'll eventually find it, so long as you don't kill yourself.

Low testosterone

Well meme'd my friend.

It's just a general downtrodden-ness and lack of motivation to do anything about it. I've thought about getting a pet, joining a running group or rock climbing gym, taking a solo road trip to Glacier, Banff, Yellowstone etc. but all those options seem like they just make things better on the surface, in the short-term.

I'm struggling to figure out what's at the core of it.

You my friend need to take up fishing. Just be sure to take the barb off the hook, and go back and forth with the need to actually put bait on the hook.

You might meet some nice people, you might catch and release a few fish, and you'll have lots of down time to think good heavy thoughts.

You need to fish.

Honestly that's the biggest problem of every loner who doesn't really have to worry about much else.

Basically your problem isn't even worth discussing. The core if the issue is that you're living a stale life. When's the last time you did something new? I'm talking anything new, without money, no planning, just doing something out of impulse. Do that, and your brain will find new grounds to get lost into and therefore you shall not think about this "problem" anymore. Just do SOMETHING, whatever it is.

Getting occupied in a long term relationship is your best bet. Very few people can stand the lifestyle you're living right now.

This was me acknowledging and requesting

You're on to something, thanks. I've always felt I should be doing more with my life than I am. I'm in education but I don't feel like what I do makes a big enough difference.

Oh..

I failed to recognize that.

No problem, fam. Just keep on using your imagination and aim higher and higher for yourself, if that's what your heart desires.

Im a little pissed because i wrote a paragraph and it was deleted. Here it goes again. It sounds like u need to contribute to society. Not that u aren't. Im sure that if u are getting paid lots than u are contributing something. However, i believe that ur line of work does not give directly as u desire. Keep ur job (if u want) and pursue an endevour or philosophy that is ideal, for humanity

Find a new job.

I like the idea of doing something new, I get bored pretty easily. Something about a new long-term relationship hits the right tone, but even when I was in those prior to this there were always punctuated by these moments of depression. This time around, I don't have that relationship to use as a support. That's why I want to figure out what's causing it rather than go back to solutions that only sort of mute the issue.

What other kinds of new things come to mind?

guys, HARASS YOUR OWN SWJ NIGGER TOOODAAAYYY just call this number and let loose!!!

:DDDDDDDDDDDD

I have one lined up that's more directly impactful, but I have a feeling ill be singing the same tune in a couple years. Fingers crossed, but wondering what kinds of jobs people find the most fulfilling in that regard?

m8 I will need a lot more information about your daily life and your based life let's say from 5 years ago until now. What has changed? When did these moods of depression appear when you were in a long term relationship? How's the relationship between your parents? Are they both alive? What does your father figure do? What did he mostly do during your growing up? You need to evaluate a lot of your life before reaching for that core issue.

If you feel like doing something new, but then you get that feeling that it will only "sort of mute the issue", then you need something more immersive. Try answeting some of my questions if you want an actual evaluation. It's kind of hard when I know 0% of your life.

Kek. Here's a guy looking for a life coach on chan.

Have fun in prison.

U could try ur hand at entrepreneurialship, its a risk (a big one) but u carve an individual path.

1) 5yrs ago: finished grad school, took consulting gig to be near gf of 3 yrs at the time. Broke up, had two more long term gfs, but never left the consulting gig.

2) moods showed up mostly when I had the most mental free time, I.e. not distracted by major projects, upcoming trips, holidays. Basically any time my mind wandered more frequently than usual.

3) parents are very happily married, 38 years, both work in retail. Mom stocks shelves at Walmart overnight and dad sells furniture. Basically they've done the same thing since i was a kid, but mom didn't start working until I was in high school. I'm the first in my family to go to college.

How'd I do?

More like getting a second opinion. Peeps on here are really bright and helpful. Always have been, if you can sift through the massive piles of shite.

Would love to! Goal in life to start a non-profit for poor kids to help figure out what they want to do with their lives. Obv not quite the expert on that yet : )